Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Cheap Shot posted:

In other news, voting will close Wednesday at 11:00pm EST so I can bring you an update with yet another medium shift. It's getting hard to think of things I haven't done yet.

You should do a food update, then mass produce and sell little BIP jello moulds and make millions thousands hundreds some decent pocket change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

neogeo0823 posted:

You should do a food update, then mass produce and sell little BIP jello moulds and make millions thousands hundreds some decent pocket change.

some decent pocket change some compliments.

If I ever figure out how to do a food update, maybe I will.

Edit: I don't think I could ever eat anything shaped like BIP. Far too cute. I'd feel horrible. \/\/\/

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Oct 14, 2009

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Cheap Shot posted:

If I ever figure out how to do a food update, maybe I will.

It shouldn't be too hard. Just cut some fruit and vegetables up and make them into things. Use toothpicks to hold it all together. It's very time intensive, but very healthy and delicious afterward. :v:

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

------------Voting Closed-------------

You had your chance.

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

OOoooOOOoo!

Can't wait :D

gerg_861
Jan 2, 2009

neogeo0823 posted:

It shouldn't be too hard. Just cut some fruit and vegetables up and make them into things. Use toothpicks to hold it all together. It's very time intensive, but very healthy and delicious afterward. :v:

Have you thought of a claymation update? I could see BIP being very easy to do in Claymation. Ray Harryhausen has plenty of books out on how to do it, and there are some good freeware programs that let you do it with a webcam. I've used MonkeyJam to have some fun with Claymation.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

gerg_861 posted:

Have you thought of a claymation update? I could see BIP being very easy to do in Claymation. Ray Harryhausen has plenty of books out on how to do it, and there are some good freeware programs that let you do it with a webcam. I've used MonkeyJam to have some fun with Claymation.
I have a freind that does these ... that is waaaaaaay too time consuming to try and make poor Cheap Shot do unless this is more than a passing temporary hobby! (But yes it would be neat! :) )

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

FRINGE posted:

I have a freind that does these ... that is waaaaaaay too time consuming to try and make poor Cheap Shot do unless this is more than a passing temporary hobby! (But yes it would be neat! :) )

I was thinking about claymation but I probably wont be able to get to it. I just spent a bunch of money on arting supplies, none left for clay.

I'm going to cross post this here because I enjoy it so.

BIP has seen this cities true face.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Cheap Shot posted:

I love the picture of BIPshach and Bateman.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
I firmly believe that if BIP and Rorschach ever met that they would annihilate each other like equal amounts of matter and antimatter. :colbert:

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
Or happy and anti-happy :3:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Cheap Shot posted:

I was thinking about claymation but I probably wont be able to get to it. I just spent a bunch of money on arting supplies, none left for clay.

I'm going to cross post this here because I enjoy it so.

Tesla was right posted:

Or happy and anti-happy :3:

BIP's cuteness would override Rorschach, rendering them both adorable.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

BIP's cuteness could override anything. He is the cutiest of things.

Some bad news sadly. This weeks update will have to be delayed. My computer is down and will probably continue to be down for a few days while I figure things out or possily buy a copy widows.

Good news though, since I was working on it, I managed to score a few photos of BIP stealing my computer parts to build a kick rear end fort. Remember that? Well either before the next update is finished, or posted with it will be BIP's photo fort diary.

So not all bad news eh? I'm sorry to my loyal readers for all the delays. It's been a hectic time for me, with a lot going on. I will do whatever I can to minimize my down time here though and I swear that I will bring this story to a wonderful and satisfying conclusion without abandoning the thread or my readers, or may mods strike me down.

Edit: While you wait, just make up episodes of a thrilling gritty batman series where BIP is his sidekick instead of robin. I can't fathom the adorable situations that would result from such a situation. BIP has become what Gothem needs.

Double Edit: Cryptic Edge is givin me a hand with the computer stuffs so I'm sure I'll be back updating soon.

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 18, 2009

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Cheap Shot posted:

... or possily buy a copy widows.

This sure is a sentence!

nykad
Jul 3, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Didn't he just say BIP's cuteness overrides anything? :colbert: (even spelling and sentence structure)

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Zenzirouj posted:

This sure is a sentence!

Well I need the windows reset disks, and no one ever has them anymore. Whenever you buy a computer, they just slap a sticker on there instead. Im not exactly rolling in the dough, so a cheap fix is much better. Whatever gets me back on my feet and updating again fastest.

BIP's next adventure will be "tiny rage against the machine: computerland crackdown!" :argh:

To Alea Minerva and Canis Ex Machina, I won't be on msn for a while, so you'll have to make due on the animation with out me. Maybe use more placeholder narration until I get back? (Or just work on other parts. I don't know.)

edit: oh grammer. Didn't even see that. WELL then. Haven't you ever heard of copy widows? I don't know what they're for but they're multi use I hear!

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 18, 2009

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
The question is did you buy a computer with a built in recovery drive.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

My computer is back and stable for now again thanks to Cryptic Edge. Send him fruit baskets please.

Phearson
Aug 15, 2006

Have you seen my pants?

Cheap Shot posted:

BIP's next adventure will be "tiny rage against the machine: computerland crackdown!" :argh:

Not that I want to see this adventure end, but I was really hoping for "Little World, Big Scary Robot"

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Phearson posted:

Not that I want to see this adventure end, but I was really hoping for "Little World, Big Scary Robot"

YES! DANGER! DANGER! BIP DANGEROUS! DOCTOR NO HELP! MARINE NO HELP! LEARN DATA, BIP DANGEROUS! BIP WEAPON! WARNING! BIP WEAPON DANGEROUS!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dull Fork
Mar 22, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

YES! DANGER! DANGER! BIP DANGEROUS! DOCTOR NO HELP! MARINE NO HELP! LEARN DATA, BIP DANGEROUS! BIP WEAPON! WARNING! BIP WEAPON DANGEROUS!

Oh my god. This has to happen. This is truly amazing.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Cheap Shot posted:

My computer is back and stable for now again thanks to Cryptic Edge. Send him fruit baskets please.

Oh good, I didn't get another PM from you, so I guess the disk image worked for you and you ran the repair install?

I need to take it off my host asap, so I was waiting until I knew you had it and were up and running. Looks like I can do that tonight then?

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Cryptic Edge posted:

Oh good, I didn't get another PM from you, so I guess the disk image worked for you and you ran the repair install?

I need to take it off my host asap, so I was waiting until I knew you had it and were up and running. Looks like I can do that tonight then?

No no! I haven't done that yet. I need get a hold of a friend who can put it on a disk for me.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
K, just pm me when your ready for the next step. I can keep it up there a little longer.

false flag post-op
May 13, 2009

Enjoy Every Sandvich
Why Does he run?

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
God damnit. That computer was running fine for me when I had it.

I'm sorry Cheap Shot - try and do a nice thing for someone and it all goes to hell.

I hope you get it working again.

Wolfman
May 9, 2003

Silver Bullet?? I GOT YER SILVER BULLET RIGHT HERE!!

fordham posted:

God damnit. That computer was running fine for me when I had it.

I'm sorry Cheap Shot - try and do a nice thing for someone and it all goes to hell.

I hope you get it working again.

Yeah, What the hell fordham? What were you thinking giving away a free PC to keep our little game alive..

you wonderful bastard, you :argh:

Wolfman fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 20, 2009

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Man, BIP has some serious loving maintenance.

Totally worth it though.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Now that my computer is stable again, I can get back to updating. (Thanks to everyone who helped)

Since I need time to work on the next update, let's take a quick break from the story to bring you...

I'll update throughout the week with photos of BIP building or playing in his kickass fort.
These will continue randomly, until the next update, which will hopefully be very good and worth the wait.

BIP's Mood: :ohdear:
Listening To: "No Sign Of Life - Ok Go"

- Here is a photo of BIP, having already finished his fort. He is hiding from a noise he heard. It was probably just my dogs. As you can see, BIP has added a roof to his fort using the side panels of a computer tower. His fort's sign also features a kitty. The lights are off to tell ghost stories, which has added to BIP's paranoia.

- More photos to come throughout the week. You may leave your comments in BIP's photo blog (this thread) for him to read. Well, for me to read to him rather. I'll also do my best to translate his replies.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
You need to get into Vinyl sculpting, and you need to make about 200 of these. Immediately.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

McKilligan posted:

You need to get into Vinyl sculpting, and you need to make about 200 of these. Immediately.

I'd never have enough time to do something like that. I do think I'll probably run another CYOA after this one though. Same format as Matter Energy Conversion Experiment: F4A90 or the adventure that Shmorky recently did. It'd be less time consuming and I'd be able to update more often. I'm still fleshing out ideas for that, and obviously I have to finish this one first.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
have a doodle

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I figured the people in this thread would appreciate this, though I do not believe that it is considered "canon", but BIP LEARNED GUN

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Zenzirouj posted:

have a doodle

Did the bad kids teach BIP to smoke?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

McKilligan posted:

Papercraft would be a lot easier and cheaper, and then everyone could have a BIP!

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Cheap Shot posted:

Did the bad kids teach BIP to smoke?

It's actually a stick, he still doesn't quite get it.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Dead Birds Society

I would love one, in fact I might have to go to an art store and buy some clay...

No, wait, I suck with clay...

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

-----BIP's blog will update tomorrow-----

FredMSloniker posted:

Papercraft would be a lot easier and cheaper, and then everyone could have a BIP!

Maybe I'll put together something for everyone once the story is over? I have been mulling over some suggestions made. Shmorky might have had the right idea with the book, but I'm wary of trying to sell anything. It'd be nice not to be such a starving artist at any rate. I may do a large BIP painting, but again I'm not sure. I'll just focus on updating more often for now.

I know it's not a replacement for an update, just something to keep everyone amused until the next chapter, but are people enjoying the fort blog?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Yes, I'm definitely enjoying the fort blog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Dead Birds Society

Yes, I love forts.