Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ogive
Dec 22, 2002

by Lowtax

Cheap Shot posted:

Sure thing. I saved it in a few different resolutions to try and fit twitter. The second one seemed to fit on my monitor. Anyone with with a wide screen, non-junk-in-the-trunk monitor want to post a screen cap of what it looks like for you?

Looks fine here ...

Click here for the full 1440x900 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Warren Zevon posted:

Voting (G). Bring Golgameth with you everywhere. EVERYWHERE!

BiP Learned Golgameth helps with sleeping disorders.

Teach Golgameth to hug/love.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

:siren:Today Is A Learning Update:siren:

BIP was dead certain of what he should do. He decided to search out the captain. The transport shook violently as BIP traveled out the door to a smaller section. It had two doors on either side of him, and one straight ahead. Just as BIP was about to run on, he noticed a ladder beside the door on the left. The hatch at the top was open. The captain must have gone up there!

BIP ran up and tried to climb the ladder. The terrible shaking knocked BIP to the floor several times before he remembered to activate his magnetism. It was much easier to climb after that.

BIP emerged from the hatch, and discovered the source of the commotion. Enemy air craft had come in over the ridge of cliffs and were strafing over the convoy. Triton ships were screaming past, laying waste to each attacker before they could get within range of the ground vehicles. A small army of locals with a few large walking machines were advancing. Triton bombs were keeping them at bay as well.

The Captain stood, gripping the hand rail that encircled the dome they were in. He was talking to himself...no wait. There was something else. BIP could almost sense a kind of trail leading from West. Yes that was is. A radio signal. No, several. They extended from him like the web of a spider. He was talking to quite a few people it seemed.

(BIP discovered Radio Vision)

The Captain spun around when he noticed BIP standing behind him.

"God drat! BIP I said stay where you were! It's dangerous as all hell up here! What are you doing?"

BIP sheepishly pointed to the datapad the captain had hooked to his belt.

"Oh, sorry little guy. I know, I ran off with it by accident. Here you can have it back. You had a reading comprehension program running in the background so I turned it to the next page for you." The captain passed the datapad back to BIP.

(BIP re-obtained Data Pad)

More words! BIP greedily snatched the pad and began to read it over.

There were a few words with picture aid. BIP had a little trouble understanding these ones but managed to learn them well enough.

(BIP learned the words, Run, Hide, Give, Take, Love, Hate, Share, Do, Read, Friend, Enemy, Space, and Time)

It was a lot to digest. BIP Tried to remember all his words.

-------BIP'S WORDS--------
Yes, No, Danger, Dangerous,
Spacecraft, Ship, Warning,
Help, Doctor, Go, City, Town,
Marine, Gun, Learn, Data, EF,
Weapon, Oil, Mechanic, Memory,
Blue, Labs, Bioengineering, BIP,
Run, Hide, Give, Take, Love,
Hate, Share, Do, Read, Friend,
Enemy, Space, Time.

What a mighty vocabulary he was developing. So proud!

The Captain broke BIP's chain of thought with a sudden order.

"BIP! The battle is getting to close to the convoy. I've called in reinforcements but it's dangerous up here. Let's get inside. Before we do anything else, take this." The Captain handed BIP a canister.

(BIP received Canister)

You've proven you can take care of things of importance, and what's in there is very important. Hide it, and yourself. I'll come find you once we get to the Plethora. Your bug is in the back of this transport. Got all that?

BIP nodded and saluted West. As he turned to leave, a ship plummeted downward toward the convoy. They had failed in their assault and were suicide bombing their ships in a last ditch effort to cripple the Earth Front. BIP watched in horror as the ship loomed closer and crashed into their trackless train. The Captain managed to grab the hand rail in time, but poor BIP's arms just weren't long enough. He crashed through the dome like a bullet, and went sailing through the air.

BIP saw the horror on The Captains face. Six months flashed before his eyes. He needed to think faster then he was traveling toward the ground, or it would be offline forever. He didn't even know if Oil City was real anyway.

BIP needed to assume a position, and quick! Aerial acrobatics was his only hope of survival now.

OPTIONS:

(1) Styx
(2) Rolling Stone
(3) ZZ Top
(4) Triumph
(5) Jefferson Airplane

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Jefferson Airplane is your best bet. BIPS arms will slow him down, his legs will take the brunt of the force, and he'll survive with his torso and his head intact. He might need a new set of legs...

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos
Triumph looks good too. The appendages will create drag and the head is somewhat protected.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
We need to distribute the impact as evenly as possible, or we might break a part off-- and what if that's our head?

Let's get rolling like a Rolling Stone.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Jefferson Airplane looks like a hell of a plane. What if BIP discovers that his magnetic hands can bend EM fields in a different manner and he can learn to loving FLY.

ThermonuclearTom
Jul 23, 2006

OW
OW
OW
(2) Rolling Stone. Tuck and Roll baby.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Triumph over adversity, little robot!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Triumph!

Superman flight mode, go!

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
It's gotta be the Stones. Whatever Bip is made of is kinda rubbery, so he should be able to bounce & roll his way to freedom.

Am I the only one that hears HELPeR's voice whenever things like this happen to Bip?

Blacksmith
Dec 3, 2004

Bip needs to go for the rolling stone

Also you were all thinking it too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ux3-a9RE1Q

TED BUNNDY
May 30, 2009

SO HUNGRY
Pork Pro
Rolling Stone, then Triumph when he gets up unscathed.

That's right, I said when.

Please be okay, BIP!

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009
Rolling Stone fo sure. We don't want to find out at the last moment that we can't actually fly or that our antenna thingy breaks off easily.

Dull Fork
Mar 22, 2009
I'm just imagining him doing the Jefferson airplane and doing a faceplant. That would be both hilarious, and bad....

Thus I vote rolling stone. Or maybe the device will be like the other one... and we get a bubble! Please let there be a bubble :ohdear:

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN
Like a Rolling Stone.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Gonna Go with Rolling stone for this one.

Winter Rain
Jan 28, 2009
Definitely Rolling Stone. We can't trust Bip to gain a new superpower every time he's in trouble, and any other position is no better than praying for that to happen.

Cryptic Edge
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Eat_A_Bowl_Of_Dick posted:

That's right, I said when.
This is the only correct answer.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
If I learned anything from Ocarina of Time it's that if you're falling from a high distance you have to roll when you hit the ground to not take any damage. Rolling Stone will save the day! While we wait to get to the bottom we should do all the other poses just for fun, and Triumph after we land unhurt.

Edit: Do the new words go into the song challenge?

Will Styles fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 9, 2009

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL
Rolling Stone, then stick the landing with a Triumph

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Will Styles posted:

Edit: Do the new words go into the song challenge?

uhh...yes! sure, go wild.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Rolling stone into a triumph.

Boogey down afterwards. (if we still have legs)

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Triumph - Hope our stretched out arm finds something to hold on to, doing an awesome cliffhanger move, limiting the impact, followed by a Rolling Stone.
Finish by looking at the jury for those well deserved 10's for the perfect jump.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Danger, BIP Go!
Run, Run!
Do Hide, Enemy.
BIP Time.

The Strangest Finch
Nov 23, 2007

Rolling stone, it seems the most safe, and possibly quite cute.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Rolling stone into a triumph.

Boogey down afterwards. (We'll still have legs)

Fixed, and adding a vote for this.

Archer2338
Mar 15, 2008

'Tis a screwed up world
Rolling stone because it's cute.

Mambo No. 5
Feb 25, 2009

Admiral Parry "Terror" Sornis,
Dead Birds Society

Cryptic Edge posted:

This is the only correct answer.

Agreed.

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.

Eat_A_Bowl_Of_Dick posted:

Totally this.

Edit: I am tempted to say signal for Go-Ship somehow. He has wings, so maybe he can fly to our rescue.

Lallander fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 9, 2009

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Rolling Stone. Then Triumph.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lorak posted:

Danger, BIP Go!
Run, Run!
Do Hide, Enemy.
BIP Time.

This is the best Sinistar-related imagery I've seen in a while. Yes, even better than my my band I named after a Sinistar phrase.

Make like a Rolling Stone

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Added recent updates to the OP list, tidied it up, and added this fancy button.

BIP's word list is on the side there for reference, if you ever need it. I plan to convert BIP's twitter page to a character sheet. I'll let you know when I finish that.

Done. Check it out.

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 10, 2009

Chaos Motor
Aug 29, 2003

by vyelkin
Magnettach your feet to your hands and shape your limbs into circles, tuck your head in, calculate your impact trajectory, see if you can't start your center of mass rotating, and GET READY TO ROLL YOUR BALLS OFF!

Elminsters Hat
Nov 28, 2008
ZZ Top! The beard that comes with this position will break BIPs fall.

gruvmeister
Dec 28, 2006

Spring has sprung,
The grass has riz,
I wonder where the flowers is
This one feels more like a multiple choice question where the teacher made a bunch of humorous and (hopefully) obviously wrong answers and the right one sticks out.

Rolling Stone it is.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

gruvmeister posted:

This one feels more like a multiple choice question where the teacher made a bunch of humorous and (hopefully) obviously wrong answers and the right one sticks out.

Rolling Stone it is.

You picked one of the obviously wrong answers.

Jefferson Airplane, baby.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
triumph all the way.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
drat it Cheap Shot you got Magic Power by Triumph stuck in my head all day. Voting for Rolling Stone (but I wish there was a Beatles option)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.

Funktor posted:

(but I wish there was a Beatles option)

Draw the stick figure for it and I'll vote.