Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mechanical Hand
May 21, 2007

as this blessed evening falls don't forget the alcohol
Hey pals. I read Wiliam Gibson's Neuromancer and I decided that this sort of cyberpunk is a kind that I enjoy very much. I picked up Count Zero and Mona Lisa Overdrive but I don't want to restrict myself to just Gibson's work. Does anybody know of anything similiar in style? I like the world and characters he crafted.

Similarly I'm looking for good sci fi in general along those lines. I'm not huge on anything super outlandish with intergalactic wars or outrageous campy poo poo. I know it comes with the territory but I guess I'm lookign more for stuff alogn the lines of the above. I also know it's a different kind of media but I was also a big fan of the storyline that ran through the Cowboy Bebop series (Trigun as well if you want to coutn that as a sort of "sci-fi") - I'm not looking for manga, I'm just citing the kind of stories/feels I'm into.

I also read Alfred Bester's "The Stars My Destination" and that was pretty cool too.

Anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU