Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
I read Critical Space by Greg Rucka and really liked it - which book by him is considered his best, and if it's Critical Space, which should I pick up next, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Any books in the vein of Vernon God Little that you guys can recommend? Also, what are some good books taking place in Japan (pretty broad, but I dunno what I'm looking for, maybe some horror or whatever)?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

epoch. posted:

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Murakami gets thrown around a lot as a recommendation. Personally, I loving hated it, but I'll sell you my copy for a dollar or something. It's sitting in a stack of books to get tossed at the moment.

Sure, throw it my way - email me at christian dot otte at gmail dot com.

The rest of you, thanks for the recommendations!

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Epée posted:

We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver - It concerns a fictional school massacre. It is written from the perspective of the killer's mother, Eva Khatchadourian, and documents her attempt to come to terms with her son Kevin and the murders he committed.

The novel won the 2005 Orange Prize, a UK-based prize for female authors of any nationality writing in English.

A very compelling read, one you start and can't put down. Recommend this to generally anyone - also a very chilling read, you could loosely say it is a horror novel as well.

That sounds pretty cool and I might actually pick it up, but I was looking more for books with the kind of humor in Vernon God Little. Thanks anyway :) .

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
I need some good inspirational litterature. Don't really know what I'm looking for, just something that has inspired you guys, whether it's fact or fiction.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
What are the best books on human behavior like Blink, Outliers, Freakonomics and so on? I've read Freakonomics and really liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
What are some essential books about being in your mid-20's, wondering what to do with your life, stuck between youth and adulthood?