Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schistosity
May 15, 2009

QUEST FOR TIRE posted:

I'm looking for a way to get into contemporary poetry. I like the accessibility of Billy Collins and Ted Kooser. The Best American Poetry series is good but a lot of the collections revolve around the incomprehensible.

I really liked the Outlaw Bible of American Poetry. It's this huge collection of a lot of modern poets of all types. There's also an Outlaw bible of American Literature that I hear is equally awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schistosity
May 15, 2009

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I've already read a couple of his books actually; If on a winter's night a traveler and The Nonexistent Knight/The Cloven Viscount. Are any of his other books or collections especially good? Invisible Cities is the only other I've seen mentioned with any regularity.

"Cosmicomics" and "The baron in the Tree" are both really good with Calvino.

I'm looking personally for an author that's similar to Mikhail Bulgakov. I really liked "The Master and Margarita" and "Heart of a Dog." It doesn't even have to be another Russian author, but I really like his style of writing.