Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Skutter posted:

Can anyone recommend any good steampunk novels? I've read Whitechapel Gods, Clockwork Heart, a few others that I can't remember right now and I'm currently working on The Court of the Air.
It's not exactly what you're looking for, but have you ever read any weedpunk? This genre of punk literature is peppered with nuggets of fantastic writing. Really good stuff that is also fun to read. Some more pedestrian readers consider the genre nothing more than a bad parody, but weedpunk is one of the few, perhaps the only, subgenres of punk lit that is simultaneously meta-commentary on the punk lit scene as well as enjoyable in its own right. For some reason I can't currently access http://www.weedpunk.org/ but if you are able to it's a good starter (maybe check tomorrow). Good luck and happy reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
If you like science but are science retarded like me check out the Best American Science and Nature Writing series, it contains excellent essays for general consumption.