Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Back of the Bus
Aug 15, 2004

Pimpin' ain't easy when yo ride's full of schoolchildren.
I've got the same problems with my Focusrite Solo Gen 3 and Windows 11. From my research there's some underlying issue with some USB interfaces and the audio framework 11 uses. I've been doing a lot of digging using LatencyMon and various guides and tips, but I've not found anything definitive yet. I've been making progress on the latency side, but it's slowly driving me insane. I am keeping a mental list of the changes that actually have an effect and aren't just some Reddit guy saying "turn off your WIFI and put your cat behind your router also delete your registry" so once I've got it as good as it's gonna be, I'll post it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
:dogstare: and I almost went with a Scarlett over the Tascam

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

Back of the Bus posted:

I've got the same problems with my Focusrite Solo Gen 3 and Windows 11. From my research there's some underlying issue with some USB interfaces and the audio framework 11 uses. I've been doing a lot of digging using LatencyMon and various guides and tips, but I've not found anything definitive yet. I've been making progress on the latency side, but it's slowly driving me insane. I am keeping a mental list of the changes that actually have an effect and aren't just some Reddit guy saying "turn off your WIFI and put your cat behind your router also delete your registry" so once I've got it as good as it's gonna be, I'll post it here.

Fwiw I'm running a Gen 3 Focusrite on Windows 11 and have no such issues. I generally use a buffer of 64. It's the 18i20 rather than the Solo, but I should imagine they all use the same drivers etc.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Wild guess it's going to be some unrelated windass background bloat auto update throwing interrupts

Back of the Bus
Aug 15, 2004

Pimpin' ain't easy when yo ride's full of schoolchildren.

chippy posted:

Fwiw I'm running a Gen 3 Focusrite on Windows 11 and have no such issues. I generally use a buffer of 64. It's the 18i20 rather than the Solo, but I should imagine they all use the same drivers etc.

Out of curiousity, what CPU do you have? I've got a i9-12900H with the efficiency cores and I'm pretty sure the processor scheduling to those cores is partially where the problem actually resides. Maybe.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

Back of the Bus posted:

Out of curiousity, what CPU do you have? I've got a i9-12900H with the efficiency cores and I'm pretty sure the processor scheduling to those cores is partially where the problem actually resides. Maybe.

I've got a i7-12700K.

I do have issues if other things try to use the audio at the same time as Ableton, now that I think of it. For example if I try to use the amp sim in Ableton to play guitar over videos in my browser, I get crackling, dropouts, etc. It goes away if I switch focus back to Ableton so I figure it is some kind of prioritisation/scheduling thing.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

B33rChiller posted:

Wild guess it's going to be some unrelated windass background bloat auto update throwing interrupts

well, one upshot of this is that I found out from Ben's posts that "Wallpaper Engine" exists and now my PC is less efficient

https://i.imgur.com/wRGqTM6.mp4

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Well this place is quiet to say the least. But maybe someone knows what is up with this orange message I keep getting in Ableton since getting a new midi controller?

https://imgur.com/a/xSvuGKt Imgur things Ableton is NSFW so it refuses to embed it seems. But basically I got a Keylab Essential MK3 and whenever I use any instruments or play drums or whatever I keep seeing this orange message. Even when I am using my Launchkey mini it still shows this message or a variation of it every time I play something.

Another thing I've noticed also is that my Launchkey mini auto-arms any track I select whereas on the Keylab I have to manually arm them. There doesn't seem like there is a way to just auto-arm across the board.

Boar It fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 11, 2024

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Boar It posted:

Well this place is quiet to say the least. But maybe someone knows what is up with this orange message I keep getting in Ableton since getting a new midi controller?

https://imgur.com/a/xSvuGKt Imgur things Ableton is NSFW so it refuses to embed it seems. But basically I got a Keylab Essential MK3 and whenever I use any instruments or play drums or whatever I keep seeing this orange message. Even when I am using my Launchkey mini it still shows this message or a variation of it every time I play something.

Another thing I've noticed also is that my Launchkey mini auto-arms any track I select whereas on the Keylab I have to manually arm them. There doesn't seem like there is a way to just auto-arm across the board.

i'm not too sure about the orange text, but

https://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/comments/7uetmc/arm_on_selection_is_an_incredible_hidden_feature/

this might help you with the auto arming

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty

ben shapino posted:

i'm not too sure about the orange text, but

https://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/comments/7uetmc/arm_on_selection_is_an_incredible_hidden_feature/

this might help you with the auto arming

Thanks I'll have to check that out later today. Really weird that it is apparently a hidden feature that my Launchkey Mini makes use of by default somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Anyone in here with a Push 3 controller only?

I can’t seem to find a straight answer, can I power it off a single USBC port on a M1 Macbook Pro or do I need the power adapter?