Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yabanjin
Feb 13, 2007

I AM smiling.
I wish GBS had a black background...

If it's hard to figure this one out, you have to watch it a while, and see what develops...

Yabanjin fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jun 11, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend
A friend of mine from work was telling me about what happened to a guy named Adam that goes to the same church as he does. It seems that Adam and his girlfriend Dina were hiking/camping in the Siskiyou National Forest in Northern California, and they stopped for lunch in a particularly nice spot when they heard a noise that sounded like twigs snapping from the other side of a rocky outcrop. They decided to go back the way they came, thinking they may have come across a bear or something since there was a heavy, musky scent in the air, when they heard a low, grunting kind of a sound. Just as Adam said "I think we should go back" there was a loud crash like something running through bushes. When Dina looked back as they were walking away, she saw something that made her raise up her camera and snap a picture, and this is what she saw only 25-30 feet away:

Phooney
Dec 24, 2008
A record breaking giant squid at the surface:

(hey, they were kinda paranormal once!)

Cheesy Pete
Dec 26, 2008

LeechCode5 posted:

Alright, my fake photo and fake story:

Very nicely done! The photo and back story are brilliant.

Platymo
Apr 17, 2008

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

Sing this Corrosion posted:

He wasn't there when I took the photo...

I hate phantom spaceman.

squid jerky
Dec 25, 2005

Despite being the life of the party, the drunken rat finds immense difficulty in balancing on a stick.
It's easy to go too far. But hard to make a genuinely scary image.

The source image had a nice 'from off screen shadow' on it.

But all the distressed texture and layers just makes it look like a dodgy photoshop.

The artifacts don't hide much either.

Chai Hulud
Feb 1, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Hungry Bit posted:

Complete with a caption! Away to ghoststudy.com!

Al Pacino?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

ProfessorChaos posted:

Arg No no no Why did I go to this thread right before going to bed.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Fooling around with gifs

YerAuraBoresMeAlice
Dec 26, 2005

^^^^^^^^
Very cool

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eh, mediocre idea, mediocre execution. Just couldn't find the right images for the job.

A NICE HAT
Oct 27, 2006

by Peatpot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlS0zx8gUvY

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

"we didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time..."

1983, photographer unknown, presumed dead.

One of two recovered photographs from the Stirling City Library blaze. Notable for being taken the day which fourteen children vanished and for what is referred to as "The Slender Man". Deformities cited as film defects by officials. Fire at library occurred one week later. Actual photograph confiscated as evidence.

1986, photographer: Mary Thomas, missing since June 13th, 1986.

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 25, 2009

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

You just know a couple of the good ones are going to eventually make it to paranormal websites and be used as genuine.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

slidebite posted:

You just know a couple of the good ones are going to eventually make it to paranormal websites and be used as genuine.

Quickly followed by a Snopes article citing SA Forums as the original source.

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage
I've never done this before...

for those of you half blind, there's a little victorian woman in the window

But I've got a lot of good sized stock images of graveyards and gothic architecture on this computer, so I might set up a photobucket albumn full of them for you lot to play around with, if you want.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

:v:

ONITABAS
Jan 31, 2009

Straight.

enri posted:

:v:

This is the best one.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Victor Surge posted:

Genuinely creepy stuff

Film defects my rear end... :tinfoil:

(Excellent work good sir!)

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Snaxxor posted:

Source and Asset?

I have to see this one.

http://www.vanityfair.com/images/culture/2009/03/godfather-family-0903-01.jpg
Ghost head is some random old guy.

Chai Hulud posted:

Al Pacino?

Looks like so. Funny how I didn't recognize him at first.

Hoorazor
Nov 13, 2007

by angerbotSD

denied entry
Mar 18, 2007

SlightButSteady posted:

Searching all over the place for something. Then I see it, and realize it has been watching me the whole time.

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

So I'm not sure if this counts because it's not really "paranormal" so much as spooky/weird, but I think it's an elaborate photoshop someone was playing on me. Before I was laid off, I worked for a newspaper and I was going through some of the archive negatives from the newspaper's past to do some promotional work on the website. I was going through some slides marked "circa 1920" and came across one that really freaked me out:

I think it speaks for itself. Sent shivers down my spine.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

ExtraNoise posted:

That is brilliant, I'm glad you didn't spoil it.

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot

ExtraNoise posted:

So I'm not sure if this counts because it's not really "paranormal" so much as spooky/weird, but I think it's an elaborate photoshop someone was playing on me. Before I was laid off, I worked for a newspaper and I was going through some of the archive negatives from the newspaper's past to do some promotional work on the website. I was going through some slides marked "circa 1920" and came across one that really freaked me out:

Oh my! The implications are unfathomable!

OMG BYZANTIUM
Dec 30, 2008

So I was traveling in Turkey and visited an Ottoman hospital complex. I took a picture of this little fountain and thought nothing of it. Little did I know that ghosts haunt the building! Perhaps this man was a patient who died with some horrible sin on his soul.

OMG BYZANTIUM fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 10, 2009

HawaiianBurgerJoint
Feb 7, 2009
Bigfoot?

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

OMG BYZANTIUM posted:

So I was traveling in Turkey and visited an Ottoman hospital complex. I took a picture of this little fountain and thought nothing of it. Little did I know that ghosts haunt the building! Perhaps this man was a patient who died with some horrible sin on his soul.

Replace [img] and [/img] with [timg] and [/timg]

getting probated is bad.

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

TrenchMaul posted:

That is brilliant, I'm glad you didn't spoil it.

Spoil it? Like make it so that it was a little too over the top or add some spoiler tags or something?

OMG BYZANTIUM
Dec 30, 2008

cowboythreespeech posted:

Replace [timg] and [/timg] with [timg] and [/timg]

getting probated is bad.

Thanks, I'm dumb.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

OMG BYZANTIUM posted:

Thanks, I'm dumb.

Just absent-minded, happens to everyone.

Some of these images are quite creepy. I wish "The Slender Man" one was legit.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

ExtraNoise posted:

Did ancient astronauts give away free ipods to 1920's Americans? Click link to find out!

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

BooDoug187 posted:

Did ancient astronauts give away free ipods to 1920's Americans? Click link to find out!

I actually added the entire guy. Original asset:
http://unitproj.library.ucla.edu/dlib/lat/display.cfm?ms=uclalat_1429_b3720_G3572&searchType=keyword&k=1920&w=none&x=title&y=none&z=none&s=4

The dude I found on GIS and the earbuds I drew in by hand. Took way longer than I wanted just to find a guy with mostly right lighting.

I like to think he's a time traveler!

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
Something I did for another website:

YerAuraBoresMeAlice
Dec 26, 2005

Leyendecker
Oct 31, 2008

:sun:

Victor Surge posted:

"we didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time..."

1983, photographer unknown, presumed dead.

One of two recovered photographs from the Stirling City Library blaze. Notable for being taken the day which fourteen children vanished and for what is referred to as "The Slender Man". Deformities cited as film defects by officials. Fire at library occurred one week later. Actual photograph confiscated as evidence.

1986, photographer: Mary Thomas, missing since June 13th, 1986.

oh gently caress you when i finally saw the guy in the background i lost it this is going to give me nightmares

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
As an amateur paranormal investigator, you'd be surprised how much the Slender Man appeared in pictures in times of disaster during that historical period.

(AKA I'd like to see more of those)

\/\/\/ s'alright, I was lying

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 11, 2009

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend
I think somebody should send some of these to Coast to Coast. It would be hilarious if some kook ghosthunter got their hands on just one of these and made a huge deal out of it.

edit:
No offense intended to the kook ghosthunter posting just before me. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
Maybe I'll do some more research. I've heard there may be a couple more legit "Slender Man" photographs out there. I'll post them if I find them.

Also seconding the 1920s time traveler picture as awesome.