Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
squid jerky
Dec 25, 2005

Despite being the life of the party, the drunken rat finds immense difficulty in balancing on a stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot

squid jerky posted:

Nice and subtle.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

ExtraNoise posted:

Spoil it? Like make it so that it was a little too over the top or add some spoiler tags or something?

I meant tags, because I would've looked at them and it wouldn't have been as awesome.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

5/24/95**

1994: Wilks Estate. One subject reported nothing out of the ordinary before taking photograph. Lower stairs area was said to be very dark. Subject states that after the camera flash she heard a sound like a watermelon being *unable to understand subject*.

5/25/93**

Subject unable to recall events after manor power failure. Unable to question other two identified subjects. Camera and film acquired from Gloria Cready, current resident of Woodview Mental Hospital and Psychological Rehabilitation Clinic. Film mostly uncontaminated despite mass of blood and human tissue present on camera. No positive ID on anomalous tall and slender subject. Facial blur caused by possible contamination.

6/7/93**

Early digital analysis indicates tall subject may have no eyes. Anomalies, previously thought to be film errors and flash artifacts, now thought to be appendages.

6/10/93**

Final identified subject reported missing along with other thirty-three patients and staff of Woodview Mental Hospital and Psychological Rehabilitation Clinic south wing.

6/18/93**

Further inquiry to cease immediately.
(see report No.3339-2)

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 11, 2009

Broman
Oct 26, 2004

Smile fo' me daddy
What you lookin at
Let me see ya grill
Let cha see my what

Ye, ya grill ye, ye, ya grill

Rattus Amicus
Mar 8, 2007

Gerogerigegege
May 1, 2009

Made a few edits...

Gerogerigegege
May 1, 2009

Original: https://wi.somethingawful.com/1f/1f6cab31ce9bab4f7ffb9a71a55a3a841b9ca578.jpg
Asset: https://wi.somethingawful.com/f8/f80c238d66bd162924716c7dd993e93006a9c651.jpg

Gerogerigegege fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jun 11, 2009

Rattus Amicus
Mar 8, 2007

Gerogerigegege posted:

Made a few edits...

Great, now send it to Coast to coast AM :)

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Rattus Amicus posted:

Awesome. I've always liked the Flatwoods monster.

It's really interesting to think about these turning into internet lore, like all of those other 'paranormal' images from the early 2000s.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Click here for the full 777x583 image.

Original:
https://wi.somethingawful.com/55/55a8649938b1f33dfca722bd124f0e14cc24b72f.jpg

Asset:
https://wi.somethingawful.com/e7/e77326a5889711b53e33f5822ce9ef92e116eca8.jpg
I used the guy with both hands in his pockets on the right.

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008
Mrgh you know drugs are just what doctors give you to make you be a sheep, YOU GOTTA FIGHT THE MACHINE KEEP YOUR CLARITY RON PAUL '08

This one is a little too subtle. I played with brightness/contrast trying to find something, and still couldn't see it. I had to open both images and alt-tab between them quickly a few times before I could see any difference. After I found it, it's still hard to make out in the 'shopped pic, even knowing where to look.

Paraedolia found a 'face' that was already in the original, though.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 7, 2009

ZombieScholar
Mar 17, 2009

Bash 'em in the head, that seems to work.

Victor Surge posted:

You are an amazing and terrible bastard, sir. Well played. Now to look over my shoulder every couple seconds for the rest of my day...

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot

ZombieScholar posted:

You are an amazing and terrible bastard, sir. Well played. Now to look over my shoulder every couple seconds for the rest of my day...

My God... This could be glorious in book form.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Victor Surge posted:

Please do more. These are haunting.

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation

Me and my freinds Amber and Emmy went to a local ruin one night "ghost hunting", we thought it was all just a joke until we got home to look at the photos and saw this! We we supposed to be sleeping in a tent in Amber's back garden, but after this all we could do was stay up all night in the living room. What the hell?

ZombieScholar
Mar 17, 2009

Bash 'em in the head, that seems to work.
My contribution

I come from a family full of historians and ghost hunters. I fall into the former, only. My dad gives tours every summer of an old, dilapidated theater (the Ward Theater) at the Milwaukee Veteran's Hospital Campus. It used to be visited by traveling vaudeville shows (even the likes of Bob Hope and Bing Crosby) who did free shows for the vets. Dad always describes it on tours as "the happiest and saddest place on the grounds" and it feels that way. After the early 90s, they stopped repairing it and it's so bad now it will soon be condemned.

My Dad giving a tour. :)

Recently, the historians of the area opened up a small room on the second floor. The walls were covered with colorful posters from all the traveling shows and is suspected of being a warm up/dressing room for performers. Being a good daughter, I took yet another tour this year, became enchanted with the posters and started snapping pictures. Including this one.

Original here: http://lh5.ggpht.com/_Dpr78AHtxu4/Sic5GS00-UI/AAAAAAAAETY/hG4GysTo1U4/s512/new%20camera%20451.jpg
Asset here: http://www.sideshowworld.com/VV-BillFortson-Z.jpg

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

In 1872, Russell Latimer bought 10 acres of farmland knowing that the Piqua and Indiana Railroad would be passing through this land. Then in 1873, the town that Latimer himself designed grew around the railroad route and become known as Latimer’s Station. This area is what we now know as the town of Latimer, Ohio.

Pictured are Russell's daughter Beatrice Latimer, son Jesse Latimer, and family friend Maude Harper. All three vanished without a trace on September 6th, 1891. After only a few hours of searching an Eastman Kodak camera was discovered with film still inside. The film was developed and the photo above retrieved.

When the FBI began searching nearby farms in the following weeks, they discovered a strange mechanism. The barn where this photo was taken is about 14 miles from the Latimer farm.

OMG BYZANTIUM
Dec 30, 2008

Interesting story, guys! So as you can see, this is a little street near my apartment. Everything seemed normal until people's pets started to go missing. My landlady found her cat dead in her back garden. It was terrible, she said. Her little Fluffy was all ripped and bloody. Then a little girl that lived in my building got attacked. When she came back from the hospital, her legs were covered in bandages. Her mother told me that the doctor said something had bitten huge chunks out of her flesh. She woke up every night screaming about something with red eyes.

When I went out at night, I started to have a feeling like something was watching me. My neighbors reported that sometimes they heard a deep, hoarse panting from alleyways when they walked by. Naturally, we were all very worried.

I was walking down the street one night when I heard a growling off to my left. I whipped out my camera phone and took a picture the best I could. The animal seen on the left then proceeded to run towards the man in front of me with fangs bared. I managed to scare it away by yelling and swinging my purse at it. It was the size of a dog but with larger teeth. It also smelled like rotting meat and its fur was patchy and diseased. It had horrible, glowing red eyes. It took a long look at me before it ran away.

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot

OMG BYZANTIUM posted:

Interesting story, guys! So as you can see, this is a little street near my apartment. Everything seemed normal until people's pets started to go missing. My landlady found her cat dead in her back garden. It was terrible, she said. Her little Fluffy was all ripped and bloody. Then a little girl that lived in my building got attacked. When she came back from the hospital, her legs were covered in bandages. Her mother told me that the doctor said something had bitten huge chunks out of her flesh. She woke up every night screaming about something with red eyes.

When I went out at night, I started to have a feeling like something was watching me. My neighbors reported that sometimes they heard a deep, hoarse panting from alleyways when they walked by. Naturally, we were all very worried.

I was walking down the street one night when I heard a growling off to my left. I whipped out my camera phone and took a picture the best I could. The animal seen on the left then proceeded to run towards the man in front of me with fangs bared. I managed to scare it away by yelling and swinging my purse at it. It was the size of a dog but with larger teeth. It also smelled like rotting meat and its fur was patchy and diseased. It had horrible, glowing red eyes. It took a long look at me before it ran away.

Eh, that pic isn't so great, It took me a while to realize this black blob was the animal. Doesn't look like, well, anything.

Maybe add glowing red eyes?

OMG BYZANTIUM
Dec 30, 2008

Added red eyes. I was trying to make something like this.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article902014.ece

OMG BYZANTIUM fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 11, 2009

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Volponi posted:

This one is a little too subtle. I played with brightness/contrast trying to find something, and still couldn't see it. I had to open both images and alt-tab between them quickly a few times before I could see any difference. After I found it, it's still hard to make out in the 'shopped pic, even knowing where to look.

Yeah I was afraid of that...

EDIT: Do'oh, i didnt save the psd file. Oh well, lesson learned, thanks for the heads up!

GyverMac fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 11, 2009

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

bye bye everybody bye bye!

Click here for the full 871x1243 image.

Chai Hulud
Feb 1, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Donny Brook posted:

I think somebody should send some of these to Coast to Coast. It would be hilarious if some kook ghosthunter got their hands on just one of these and made a huge deal out of it.

edit:
No offense intended to the kook ghosthunter posting just before me. ;)

Someone please do this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liKV4Ij8LtU

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

thylacine posted:

That would be so awesome!

Tonight on Ghost Hunters. The team go on the trail of a ghost Apatosaurus thats been haunting this park for several million years!

LeechCode5
Dec 19, 2004

Burn, Galactica! You're finished, Adama!
I've been seriously debating sharing these, but after Victor Surge's posts I feel I have to.

This first photo was given to me by my uncle, a police officer who was part of the investigation trying to find nine missing teens who had gone camping in the local mountains six years ago. It was developed from a disposable camera found at the campsite. None of the missing teens have ever been found, and all their possessions were still at the campsite. He was pretty drunk and shaken up when he gave me this, and made me promise I'd never show anyone else.

The second photo is of an elementary school fire in 1978. No official cause was ever found. Seven students and a teacher became trapped and died before firefighters could respond. Many of the students and teachers from the time have a history of anxiety disorders and panic attacks, even those who weren't at the school on that day. At least one has since committed suicide, and several others legally changed their names once they reached adulthood and have disappeared.

LeechCode5 fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jun 12, 2009

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

**Alert**Alert**Deployment Request**

ANTI-S WALKER UNIT to deploy to --Wichita--Kansas--

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 28, 2009

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

bye bye everybody bye bye!

Victor Surge posted:

**Alert**Alert**Deployment Request**

ANTI-S WALKER UNIT to deploy to --Wichita--Kansas--

God, Slender Man is so great...I just want more.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Viewing this thread fits quite well with listening Boards of Canada.

Terminal Philosphy
Jan 23, 2009

Pahilla the Hun posted:

Pictured are Russell's daughter Beatrice Latimer, son Jesse Latimer, and family friend Maude Harper. All three vanished without a trace on September 6th, 1891. After only a few hours of searching an Eastman Kodak camera was discovered with film still inside. The film was developed and the photo above retrieved.

Mind if I have some fun with this one? The dietary lady where I works is huge on poo poo like this. She's even got a cloud goatse on her bulletin board with a prayer underneath it citing that they are the hands of god.

This woman is in her 30s-40s so she is not senile.

I figure if I print this out and leave it laying in the cafeteria it will end up there as well.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Victor Surge posted:

This entire series of images is fabulous, but this one is the killer. Purely because all the little kids I work with never colour the sky in all the way to the ground, just like this. It's a very plausible detail & adds that extra touch of authenticity.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

ONITABAS posted:

We were having a party and we kept hearing sounds of what could only be a giant. Later we found a pair of huge bright blue shoes in the backyard.

Why is that girl at the back made of hands?

athena
Feb 9, 2009
I didn't want it to look too obvious, but I think I may have made it almost too hard to see,

Anyway, the sources,

Photo of my great grand mother,

Click here for the full 763x1147 image.

Crappy old photo I took of the outside/entrance to a small church,

Click here for the full 768x1024 image.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HAND SOLO posted:

Viewing this thread fits quite well with listening Boards of Canada.

I dare you, no i DOUBLE dare you to listen to Lustmord while browsing this thread in the middle of the night.

StrungOutFlip
Mar 17, 2009

Alright guys, lets shoot the stars...ohhh you just killed every star!
I think listening to the Unsolved Mysteries theme song would be the most fitting

TheRiffie
Jan 31, 2006
I sleep down here sometimes.
I'm not usually one to get all bandwagony but Slender Man is honestly one of the most inspiring and sinister things I've seen lately. Something about it seems to strike some sort of primal 'wrong' chord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pahilla the Hun
Jul 24, 2007

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

Terminal Philosphy posted:

Mind if I have some fun with this one? The dietary lady where I works is huge on poo poo like this. She's even got a cloud goatse on her bulletin board with a prayer underneath it citing that they are the hands of god.

This woman is in her 30s-40s so she is not senile.

I figure if I print this out and leave it laying in the cafeteria it will end up there as well.

Have at it. Post results, please!