Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Victor Surge posted:

Genuinely creepy stuff

Film defects my rear end...

(Excellent work good sir!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Click here for the full 777x583 image.

Original:
http://img.waffleimages.com/55a8649...b72f/bunker.jpg

Asset:
http://img.waffleimages.com/e77326a...soldiers_01.jpg
I used the guy with both hands in his pockets on the right.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Volponi posted:

This one is a little too subtle. I played with brightness/contrast trying to find something, and still couldn't see it. I had to open both images and alt-tab between them quickly a few times before I could see any difference. After I found it, it's still hard to make out in the 'shopped pic, even knowing where to look.

Yeah I was afraid of that...

EDIT: Do'oh, i didnt save the psd file. Oh well, lesson learned, thanks for the heads up!

GyverMac fucked around with this message at Jun 11, 2009 around 21:42

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HAND SOLO posted:

Viewing this thread fits quite well with listening Boards of Canada.

I dare you, no i DOUBLE dare you to listen to Lustmord while browsing this thread in the middle of the night.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Der Ritter:

quote:

A german woodcut from the 1540s. It has puzzled historians since it was discovered at Halstberg castle in 1883. The woodcut bears the distinct style of a known woodcut artist from that area, Hans Freckenberg. Although know for his realistic depiction of human anotomy in his works, something that was unusual for the woodcuts in the 16th century, this picture differs radically from the rest of Freckenbergs works. The character to the right bears little semblance to a human being, with skeletal physique and long limbs at odd angles. Many theories have been dicussed as to what Freckenberg wanted to symbolize with that character, some say its a personification of the religious wars that raged in Europe at the time, others say its a personification of the mysterious plague that have been believed to be the reason for the mysterious abandoning of the Halstberg castle and the nearby village in 1543.

GyverMac fucked around with this message at Jun 15, 2009 around 21:41

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

An observer posted:

Thats just beautiful... To bad you wont be giving us anymore pictures.

He is coming for you....

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

TremendousMajestic posted:

GyverMac, I'm requesting another woodcut.

Ok, I'll see what i can do! Searching through all the history archives are time consuming work tho.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Farchanter posted:

I gotta know: did he make this himself?

Yup i did.

I used the clone stamp ALOT, it works really well with black and white drawings like woodcuts!

Click here for the full 475x631 image.

quote:

Another woodcut dated to around the 1540's. Its the work of Hans Freckenberg who disappeared in 1543 in Halstedt. The entity to the right is very similar to the odd humanoid from Freckenbergs earlier woodcut; 'DER RITTER' since both share many of the same features such as unatural height and long limbs. One thing to point out is that much work went into the entity to the right, at the cost of the depiction of the people to the left and middle in the woodcut wich is very crude, something that is quite unusual for Freckenberg who was best know for his lifelike depictions of humans in his earlier works. The reason for this sudden change of priorites in Freckenberg's style are still a topic of hot debate.

GyverMac fucked around with this message at Jun 16, 2009 around 20:32

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Daniel K posted:

GyverMac these are fantastic. I love the reappearance of the hourglass in each. I think this is meant to symbolize the timelessness of S.MAN?

In the danse macabre woodcuts i use as a source, hourglasses are always present, since the danse macabre woodcuts was made to remind people of the inevitability of death and that time was running out. (Like medieval/Renaissance people didnt have ENOUGH to worry about :S)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

apsouthern posted:

Did you make up Freckenberg and the dates etc for your woodcuts? I only ask because the info I posted regarding the Baldung X-ray painting was legit (apart from the link to Freckenberg and the X-ray obv.) and it seems like quite a creepy coincidence?

Hans Freckenberg is entirely fictional, i just made him up in order to create a backstory about my pics, so yeah thats a pretty creepy coincidence...

Oh, and i want more Xray pictures please, the xray of 'Three Ages of Woman and Death' was geniunely creepy!