Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Transcript #21

Session Three, 11 AM:

Dr. Phillips (P): Alright, Joseph. Do you think you can stay calm today?

Joseph Lhie (J): I don't want to talk about this again.

P: I know, but we need to go through this until you can come to terms with what happened to your friend.

J: I know what happened to Ned. I'm not crazy.

P: No, Joseph... You're just very ill, that's all. It wasn't your fault.

J: Of course it wasn't my fault! I didn't loving kill him! We didn't do it!

P: Stay calm, Joseph. You don't want me to have to sedate you again, do you? I know you don't like the sedatives.

J: gently caress no, I don't want that again, no sir, I do not want that again.

P: Then you need to stay calm with me, okay?

J: Okay. Okay.

P: Now, this tree man -

J: Tall man. He wasn't no tree. He was just tall and all... Branchy.

P: Right. Tall man. He wasn't real, Joseph.

J: I been telling myself that, doc... But he loving was real! Hell, he weren't even no drat person... But he LOOKED like a person, like one of them X-Files guys or something...

P: Joseph. He was. Not. Real.

J: He was real! He weren't meant to be real, you could tell! ...like he was wearing a man's face as a mask or somethin'... It didn't fit right, doc. No sir, it didn't fit right. But he was real.

P: This 'tall man' didn't kill Ned. You need to accept that.

J: No sir, he didn't kill Ned. We did. But he made us kill Ned. Yes sir. That's what he did.

P: The 'tall man' wasn't real Ned. You and your friends were drunk and angry. That's all there was.

J: No sir, we weren't drunk at all. We only had a few beers, we was just going out in there what to shoot at some gators! Then it came all sorta sliding out of the trees an...

P: And you shot Ned.

J: No! We didn't kill our friend! No sir! Thing was all looking at us funny, and we're wondering, who's this guy? Who wears a loving suit in the Bayou? Why's he so tall?

P: Who does wear a suit in the Bayou, Joseph? He was a hallucination.

J: It weren't no hallucination! It weren't no real thing either. It was... gently caress, I don't know how to tell it! It was loving there but not there, doc! Wearin' the skin of a man like a different suit... Didn't fit right... No it did not...

P: You said he took you over. Why didn't he take over Ned, Joseph?

J: Ned were always kinda... Weird. Heard voices since he was fourteen, but he was a real solid buddy, y'know? We didn't care he talked to himself, seeing as he was just our old buddy. I guess that's why he couldn't make him do things.

P: He couldn't take over Ned because you killed him, Joseph.

J: We didn't kill him. It killed him. Yes sir, it was the thing.

P: The body was full of bullet holes, Joseph, not 'spear arm' wounds, whatever those would look like. Three of them were from your gun.

J: We didn't loving kill Ned.

P: You killed your friend. It's important you accept that, so you can begin to move on and we can start fixing you.

J: We didn't do it.

P: Joseph, you -

J: WE DIDN'T KILL NED, drat IT! WE DIDN'T loving DO IT! I DIDN'T KILL MY FRIEND!

P: Joseph, calm down!

J: IT DID IT! IT MADE US DO IT! WE DIDN'T WANT TO! IT MADE US DO IT! IT MADE US!

<Tape ends with a struggle and indecipherable screaming from Patient J as the orderlies pin and sedate him.>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I got that feeling from him myself, and tried to incorporate it into my therapy transcript.

Joseph isn't just crazy, the Slender Man really is wearing the skin of a man like a mask, and sir, it just don't fit right, no sir. Not an actual skin, perhaps, but more like one of those plastic masks you buy at costume shows. Modestly close, but horrifically off.