Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Stirling City Post posted:

Police Have Few Leads in Missing Girl Case

By Will Higgins
Posted: June 15, 1987

Stirling City, CA -- A spokesman for the Stirling City Police Department admitted this week that there were no promising leads in the case of eight year old Katrina Elkins, who went missing from her home Thursday night.

"It's like she disappeared into thin air," said neighbor and family friend, Marybeth Carlisle.

Police were called to the residence at 6:30 AM on Friday morning by Katrina's father, David. He realized that Katrina was missing when he went into her bedroom to wake her for school and discovered that she was not in her bed.

The only possible witness was the victim's sister, ten year old Alice, with whom Katrina shares a bedroom. Alice has been unable to provide many details to investigators, however.

"It seems that [the girl] suffers from an overactive imagination," SCPD Sergeant William Hohne said, "she told us the last time she saw her sister, was through the window where she was 'hugging the tall man'."

According to witness statements, over the past several weeks a man had been coming to the girls' bedroom window at night, where he would tap on the glass, 'make faces', and watch the girls.

Police investigators initially dismissed the account as a dream, as the bedroom window is on the second story, with no support beneath it.

"[Alice] Elkins reported that, on the night of her sisters disappearance, they were again awakened by a tapping at the glass," Sergeant Hohne explained, "She heard her sister get out of bed, and have a short conversation. When she didn't hear her sister get back in bed after several minutes, she got up and went to the window, where she saw her sister in the side yard, 'hugging the tall man'. According to the witness, the man looked up at her, grinned, and indicated that she was to come down as well with a 'snaky arm'. It was at this point that Miss Elkins became extremely frightened, and returned to bed. The tapping continued for some minutes, but finally ceased."

Police scoured the Elkins' yard for clues, with no success.

When asked why Alice had not told her parents about the tall men before, she explained, "He scared me. He told us to not tell Mom and Dad, or we'd be in trouble. He told us that he was our friend, and that he would give us anything we wanted, but we had to keep his secret. His smile was scary... and his voice. He said nice things but he sounded mean."

Police believe that there is no link between the disappearance, and the vicious killing of the Elkin's cat by disemboweling in April.

Mr. 47 fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 15, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Volponi posted:

You are a saint among men, my friend.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Stirling City Post posted:

Rash of Animal Mutilations Blamed on Coyotes.

By Tom Chisolm
Posted: April 21, 1987

Stirling City, CA - A rash of pet deaths in northern Stirling City over the past several weeks has been blamed on coyotes, according to the Butte County Animal Control Department.

"After a particularly harsh winter, food supplies may be low, forcing wild animals to venture into town in search of prey," Animal Control Officer Joel Driscol said.

As many as nine dogs and cats have gone missing since January, and have been found in various states of decay. Many of the pets were disemboweled, or otherwise seriously mutilated.

"It was unusual, I'll admit," Driscol said in an interview. "The wounds were unusually precise, and it's rare that a wild animal would leave so much of the carcass uneaten."

"My daughters are extremely upset by this,' said David Elkins, owner of the most recent victim, "They're ten and eight, and don't fully understand what's happened to [the cat]."

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

I'm useless with Photoshop, but the pics here are ripe for some Slender Man work.

I'm also putting together a back story for it, and if someone could put some subtle touches on a couple of these, I'd really appreciate it.

http://brnation.d2sector.net/ue/gary_city_methodist_gary_indiana.htm

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

21stCentury posted:

I dunno, i don't like it, it seems way too obvious... the Slender man just doesn't blend well enough in the background, he's too obvious.

He doesn't like being seen, you shouldn't see him like that.

Gotta be honest, I was looking all over the place before I saw him. I think the old-style washed-out look made him difficult for me to spot.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

I keep thinking of him like the creature in It, where he's been around, and people even know that he's there (or that something is very very wrong, at the very least) but that people don't want to know, and that's why he's able to do what he does... whatever that is.

I don't really want to know what he does, come to think of it.

Farchanter posted:

Also, two nights of no sleep! Thanks, Slender Man!

I was reading this last night in bed on my laptop... in a bed which sits directly against the window... I thought I heard scratching a couple of times. For Chrissake, I'm a war veteran and I was scaring the poo poo out of myself.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

dpack_1 posted:

hey guys, you reckon this might be the first human record of the slender man?

his proportions seem different from the other men in the painting?

was found in a cave in brazil estimated to be dated at around 9,000 BC

Hmmm... I hate to sound like a Japanese hentai director but... needs more tentacles.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Kinn posted:

What comes naturally from this thread, is actually one of the greatest things about Slender Man; that is the fact that there is no true, definitive interpretation of what he looks like. Slender Man is vague, unclear, and this probably is the most important thing about him that needs to be preserved.

Because no one who saw his face... LIVED TO TELL ABOUT IT! :black101:

bum bum buuuuuuuuuuuum!

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

21stCentury posted:

We need to find why it does that... Organ bagging/People impaling and we also need to know what he does between kills.

creepy old man posted:

Some say he lives on the blood of the wicked... some say he feeds on the fear of the innocent... All we know is that anyone who knows how the Slender Man works or why, has never been allowed to share his secrets.

The Slender Man, to date, is the only thing to creep me out worse than the Black Eyed Kids... of course, not all the missing children were recovered... who knows what happens to them when the Slender Man is finished?

Mr. 47 fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 21, 2009

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Soakie posted:

I don't know, but this thing has got to have a weakness.

I was kind of trying to suggest that with the newspaper article I wrote about the two girls. He took the one, and wanted the other one to come outside, but something kept him from taking the older one. I made a point to avoid being specific about how he worked and what he did. That makes him scarier, I think, if he exists in the unknown.

After all, the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

VVVVVVVVVVV Respek

Mr. 47 fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 21, 2009

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

His only weakness is delicious smoothies.

BRAIN smoothies.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I don't really see any facial features, but he is a ways off. Of course, I didn't actually see any facial features in entry #1 either. I'm so glad I watched these during the day.

Okay, help me out. Where is he? I've watched Entry #2 a few times and haven't yet seen him.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Moto42 posted:

And would the "Hurf Durf Slenderman was made by SomethingAwful" retards just shut up and let us have some fun making the world a creepier, more interesting place?

Some people never grow out of the 'know-it-all' stage, it seems. You know, the people who can't watch a magic trick without screaming, "I KNOW HOW HE DID IT!" with the unspoken subtext being, "I am so cool and smart".

Even though the collective thought in the room is that the guy is a total douche.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

He wasn't the Slender Man, as far as I know... but when I was a little kid I'd have dreams of this little guy in a suit or tux who would chase me, and try to hurt me. Sometimes my family would look on and laugh. He was horribly scarred in his face, and short... about my height at the time.

It isn't really all that relevant, but somehow this thread has me thinking about those dreams again.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Wingless posted:

Haha, that was awesome. "What's that tall...red thing over there?"

I saw him in the second half but can't make out anything in the first, I presume he's hiding in the trees?

Help me out, I can't see him at all.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Volponi posted:

My favorite part of this is the little hat. He may devour your children's organs in the night... but with panache.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

maxwell_freer posted:

d
This is my 1st S.A. post ever.

Dude... I think you channeled yourself... my brain just broke.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

ce gars posted:

Entry #7. Patterns emerging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q3cQjeerNU

Nice. I saw the distortion and was on the edge of my seat. "Here he comes! He's there! Where's is he?"

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Liku posted:

I'm catching up with these and so far, gently caress entry 5.

Okay, still not seeing him in 5. Help?

edit: Oh gently caress poo poo balls poo poo gently caress hell. He right next to the rad wall, isn't he?

Mr. 47 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 8, 2009

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I am thinking of making a life sized (or slightly shorter) Slender Man for halloween. I am kinda stuck on the whole clothing aspect of it though.

You know what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

I think he looks way too nice to be Slenderman... or is that part of the act?