Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

I took the original picture with my cellphone camera, I had to actually add the noise to make it look like a typical grainy ufo picture.

EDIT: By the way the 'UFO' is a pie plate that I shrunk down and used the blur tool to distort.

TrenchMaul fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 9, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

SlightButSteady posted:

Made me jump back from the monitor a little bit when I finally saw it, nice work.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

SconZ posted:

Spooky

Holy crap I am right now listening to Goodbye Horses by Q Lazarus.

That is spooky :tinfoil:.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

ExtraNoise posted:

I think it speaks for itself. Sent shivers down my spine.

That is brilliant, I'm glad you didn't spoil it.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

ExtraNoise posted:

Spoil it? Like make it so that it was a little too over the top or add some spoiler tags or something?

I meant tags, because I would've looked at them and it wouldn't have been as awesome.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

Victor Surge posted:

My friend is herejus camein barely made up staairs got pictur locked door but it s right there inthe hall
dont look at its pictures it dosent want to be known about dont loo

He just wants to shake hands, you don't have to be a dick about it.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009
That was awesome, victor. I hope you at least make it a short story or something.

When you posted the part about the chest injuries it reminded me of the Dyatlov Pass incident that was posted in the Unsolved Mysteries thread:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_pass_accident

Wikipedia posted:

and both Dubunina and Zolotarev had major chest fractures. The force required to cause such damage would have been extremely high, with one expert comparing it to the force of a car crash.Notably, the bodies had no external wounds, as if they were crippled by a high level of pressure. One woman was found to be missing her tongue.[1]

After looking a little further, I found this picture - taken a day before the incident.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

Victor Surge posted:

The asset I used for a couple of the pictures was the creepy tall guy from Phantasm.

Holy Crap, that's exactly what I thought of! I hope you didn't mind me using him for my pic, the whole thing just really reminded me of Dyatlov pass for some reason.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

edit: The only movie that ever scared me was the mothman prophecies and this is just like it and it's horrifying

You know that movie left me scared of mirrors for about 2 years, because of that one line:

quote:

Last night I woke up... with the worst headache I've ever had in my life. And I... I went into the bathroom to get some aspirin... And I happened to look in the mirror... and... I swear to God, I see something I cant describe. But it sure as hell ain't my reflection. And then I hear this weird howl coming out of the sink. And there's a voice. It's a voice and it's saying: "Do not be afraid. Ninety-nine will die. Denver Nine". I even wrote it down.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

MooseyFate posted:

I LOVE this type of thing. Something just feels satisfying about causing mass hysteria. I think we could roll with this slender man thing. Maybe if we make enough images and maybe if some talents can make fake videos, it could grow to ARG proportions (minus the advertising). Consider me on board, I can do some sound design things.

I can see this happening, the whole thing seems like perfect material for a hypertext fiction (think Dionaea House). I'm not really digging these folklore backstories though.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

geekchic posted:

Slender man is really frightening me, genuinely tapping into my primal 'wrongness' sense.

I can't photoshop, which is a shame, as I have lots of pictures ripe for it.
I might write a story and get someone who can photoshop to do something with the images with me, if that's alright?

I'll do it, I have plenty of assets but GIS is really loving me when I try to find find scenes, so if you can send me what you want shopped that would be great.

Email = JoeChelminski AT gmail DOT com

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

Bash Ironfist posted:

Something about Slender Man just seems to really hit a nerve with a lot of us, it seems. I love it. It's creepy, it's weird, and it makes me want to expand further on it. I'm tempted to write more, but lets see what you guys think of it first :allears:

Please continue, and see if you can find the original case file as well - it reminds me something similar that happened in 1950:

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009
Holy poo poo, did you do that? That's amazing.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

Dark Gray Fox posted:

In my opinion - this is the best so far.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009
Facts so far about the Slender Man:

-It's a shape-shifter, and varies between 9 and 16 feet in height.
-Its face is terribly deformed and he has two glowing orbs for eyes, it is also suspected that it wears a fake face.
-It has tentacles which it can conceal, these tentacles vary in appearance.
- It frequently stalks children for reasons unknown, and impales adults on trees after ritualistically removing and replacing their organs.
- It hates being photographed but is absolutely terrible at avoiding it or destroying the evidence.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009
How about we just keep churning out pictures and stories and let the Slender Man evolve on his own.

Ejiehi posted:

This is like the worst kind of Where's Waldo.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

Rodzby posted:

I registered an account to post this after following the forums for a few years, hope you like my contribution. some of the previous ones are terrific, especially love the ones in the park/fog. Also none of the info in my little story is true such as my job etc.

Pretty good, the zoomed-in one kind of ruins it though.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

Phy posted:

Aww, we've already SCPed it up a little in here

SCP wishes it had something as scary as the Slender Man.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

Ronnie posted:

Great. Now when my therapist asks why i'm having night terrors I can just point him towards this thread.

I am a therapist and this thread has scared the poo poo out of me.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

ce gars posted:

Here's what I was talking about earlier. Plenty of tapes to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn59FJ4HrmU

I left a few comments, delete them if you think it's too corny.

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

21stCentury posted:

Alright, this is so we can get facts straight as much as possible.

This is as straight as possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrenchMaul
Mar 9, 2009

21stCentury posted:

Therefore, there are TOO MANY PEOPLE he can kill to be able to kill them all.

I'm sure he intends to test that theory.