Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Gerogerigegege posted:

JPEG artifacts do make images look older, like they've been compressed in the 90s and sitting on some secluded seedy Angelfire web ring for the past 15 years.

Doesnt make the picture look older, just makes it look like it's been badly compressed.

Adding filters / grain / coffee stains, torn edges and framed by a flatbed scanner make an image look old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Click here for the full 504x800 image.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Click here for the full 700x1047 image.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

You just know a couple of the good ones are going to eventually make it to paranormal websites and be used as genuine.

Quickly followed by a Snopes article citing SA Forums as the original source.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

My Slender Man contribution.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Someone want to write the Fire Chief report for me, i mean its not every day a house erupts in pure blue flame that was strangely cool yet burnt everything to a crisp. Funny thing... the house was abandoned and there was no active natural gas supply that would normally emit such a coloured flame.

Edit: added thumbnail to stop the broken table.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

apsouthern posted:

Not sure how obvious this one is...

works well, you have to second guess if its just discolouration on the tree or an apparition .

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

DevilOnYourShoulder posted:

Just out of curiosity, are you in Glynn County?

Nope, source was GIS 'forest fire', asset was 'man in suite' and some air brushing in PS.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

EvilRic posted:

I love the slender man stuff especially the one where he's following through the neighborhood.

I think this one with the fire and a couple of the others would be a lot creepier if he was in his man form and a little more hidden than fully tentacled and in plain view. It'd make him a bit more sinister in those situations.

Only a tiny point though i still love all the submissions.

fixed mine a little to make it more subtle, i kinda like the tentacle thing though, makes him stand out rather than just being an imitation G-Man from the HL series.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

hey guys, you reckon this might be the first human record of the slender man?

his proportions seem different from the other men in the painting?

was found in a cave in brazil estimated to be dated at around 9,000 BC

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Anyone wanna write the radio transcript from this shot?

Obviously the soldiers were officially listed as AWOL...

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Just found some Radiometric images of The Slender Man.

You can see how its core is quite high on the scale where the tentacles give off less of a reading but again at the tips they spike white again. I think the tips some how fuse to surfaces letting it scale sheer surfaces, there must be evidence of that somewhere?

Click here for the full 1578x833 image.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

apsouthern posted:

:words:

That is mother loving awesome!

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Mad Monk posted:

No slender man emoticon yet? Used like "Man, that's really creepy. I mean that's some serious ::slenderman:: poo poo going on."

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

JossiRossi posted:

I dislike overly clear tentacles. I like guy who is too tall and limbs are freaky. :colbert:

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

The Slender Man has many different forms, the closer you are the more human his form, but from a distance he uses his tentacles to travel great distances and scale sheer surfaces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

ce gars posted:

New entry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQGvn82NNQw

Seriously, best contribution in this entire thread.

Though one point of constructive criticism, while it may be unfounded as there is no agreed upon image of the slender man i feel he should have very pale, ghostly white skin. he almost looks too human. but i LOVE the slow, sure-footed movement you have going on there.