Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Squat
Oct 27, 2002

Yeah, yeah. Blessed Be. Now get off my fucking porch!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Anyone ever heard of Padre Flaco? A friend of mine who used to live in Mexico told me a campfire story about him when we were camping a while back. It was mostly the generic forest monster stuff about creatures stealing children and stuff. Do you think a Mexican legend about a tall man wearing black robes like a priest who lives in the forest is a coincidence or part of a pattern?

Edit:
I think in some variations he wears a military dress uniform. I wonder if it actually wears different clothes depending on the observer.

I would have to agree that TSM presents itself differently depending on its target. That would seem to indicate some type of telepathy possibly? An ability to read the mind of its victim, to know what type of image to project. Or maybe it simply studies the population that its hunting in and varies its camouflage accordingly.

We naturally will respond positively to a man in a black suit because generally if you've got a suit, you're a business man, worthy of respect. So in places like Mexico, where Catholicism is still very influential, it shouldn't be shocking that TSM would present as a Priest. And if you go back far enough into their history, soldiers were very prevalent and needed to be respected, so presenting as a soldier would be natural as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squat
Oct 27, 2002

Yeah, yeah. Blessed Be. Now get off my fucking porch!
I was looking for a wallpaper for my new widescreen monitor and I came across this little ditty. Something's a bit off about it and I'm wondering if I'm seeing this so called slender man?

fullsize: http://tinypic.com/r/dcu4o4/5