Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

I certainly hope you don't hook up with Henry Moore. He's actually too big for some women to handle, though most are incredibly satisfied.

July 13th, 1988

The body of Hilary Foster, age 32, was found high in the branches of a tree in an Oregon state park near Monmouth. Her body was described as "twisted". Hilary's camera, found hanging around her neck, contained the above picture. It was the last taken before her death. According to her husband, Hilary took their daughter Stephanie and two friends to the state park for an afternoon of fun on the river. The three girls: Stephanie Foster, Jill Baker, and Amanda Harwood are still missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

I certainly hope you don't hook up with Henry Moore. He's actually too big for some women to handle, though most are incredibly satisfied.

Soakie posted:

How long until there is agreement about what the Slender Man looks like? When will he have a specific MO? Can the hidden superstitious heart of the SA goons give Slender Man an independent existence? Think about it, a few hundred or maybe even a thousand goons, all looking at the pictures and creating the stories. I find myself looking at the shadows, imagining how they might fall together to show a lurking Slender Man. TSM pulls so many primal strings: his wrongness to our eyes, the hair on the back of the neck rising, the subconscious "Nonononono" that bursts across the imagination. He drags the monsters out of the back of our modern minds. He is a satisfactory booger man, pressing all the right buttons. Even if we don't really believe in the supernatural, even if our rational minds laugh at such an absurdity...we are cutting him out and sewing him together. We're stuffing him with nightmares and unspoken fears.

And what happens when the pictures are no longer photoshops?

You shut your whore mouth!

:tinfoil:

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

I love this thread and all the Slender Man stuff, but let me preface this story by saying it has nothing to do with Slender Man and I hope you'll read it anyway.

I was trying to come up with a submission for the Paranormal goon book being put together over in the Creative Convention forum and I really needed either some inspiration, or something good to take a picture of. I wasn't having much luck though. I drove around downtown looking for something. Anything. I hit the industrial section of town. Nothing. If my town had a seedy part, I would have driven all over it. I gave up and went home, sat in front of my computer, and pondered. I put a bunch of searches through Google, desperately trying to find something in my area that could be spooky. Condemned buildings. Closed off industrial plants. Whatever I could think of. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of much and I wasn't getting any results anyway. Finally, it came to me. I typed in three words. Oregon ghost towns. Brilliant! At least it sort of was. The nearest one I could find was two and a half hours away, but I was really intrigued and I figured my wife and I could make a day trip out of it. It could be fun to take a mini road trip and visit a spooky ghost town! Well, as it turned out, visiting Golden, Oregon was pretty fun. It was also very weird, and I'm not really sure what to think about it.

Today we both had the day off so we had breakfast, packed a lunch, and hopped in the car. Two and a half hours later we had just passed Wolf Creek and were on the look out for Golden. We ended way up in the sticks. Several times we considered turning back, but according to mapquest we were going the right way so we pushed on. Finally we found the road leading to Golden. At least we were pretty sure we did. There wasn't a sign, but there weren't any other roads near there. It had to be the right one. You can imagine how we might now be so sure though. The road looked like this:

The car wasn't going to make it through there, but we'd come this far so we grabbed the camera and started walking. Thankfully it wasn't too long before we saw something:

A clock tower? Oh, a church! A little further and the woods opened up into a small field. There were four buildings still standing. Five if you count the outhouse. There were quite a few empty foundations as well. At that point it sort of hit us. We were in the middle of nowhere, possibly nobody else for miles, in the middle of a town that was built in 1890 and abandoned in 1910. Well, I was looking for spooky. poo poo if I didn't find it.

This might be a good time to mention that I wasn't shooting in black and white. I was shooting in color. Something screwed with the film...

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

We were creeped out. Completely understandable considering the place was loving creepy. It's not like we were scared though. We don't believe in ghosts or anything. At least we didn't. In hindsight the place was eerily quiet. Like no birds or insects quiet. At the time we just thought it felt that way because we were blasting Foo Fighters in the car. Anyway, we checked out the church.

We walked around it first. There were windows on the side, but they were too high for us to see through. Finally we walked up the steps to the front door. It was unlocked. Gina mustered up some courage and opened the door.

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

Yep. It was a church. Pews and a pulpit.

More church pics:
Church 7
Church 8
Church 9

There were some old pictures of the town and it's residents:

Not really that unusual. The place was a historical land mark after all. The desk though. That was wierd. Lists of names. Some circled. Some crossed off. Gina realized they matched the names of the towns people from the pictures. Wierd, but not that wierd. We shrugged and decided to check out the rest of the buildings.

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

We walked over and checked out a shed that wasn't too far from the church. It wasn't terribly exciting. It was just an old shed. Here's a couple more pictures:

Shed 2
Shed 3

Not too far from that was what appeared to be some kind of general store. That was pretty cool.

Unfortunately, it was locked up tight and since it was pretty clear that somebody must be around we weren't going to try too hard to find a way in. I got some pictures through the dirty glass though:

We walked around back and looked through a hole in the wall. You can look at those pictures if you want.

General store 4
General store 5
General store 6

Gina found the outhouse behind the general store:

In the 1800's people pooped in there!

At that point we had been there a while and decided we'd had our fun, gotten our pictures, and were ready to head home. On the way back to the car we saw one more building. Later I would find out it was called Yellow House.

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

At this point we were pretty much fearless. We were laughing and having a good time. The general store was neat. The outhouse was... an outhouse. We were talking about what it must have been like to live back then. Just having a good time. Looking at the pictures now, Yellow House looks pretty creepy. We figured it was just one more old wooded building though. Might as well have a look see.

We couldn't really get a good look inside, so we walked around to the back. That's when we heard the noise. It was just a scratching noise. Like scratching wood. Real quiet. Like maybe a rat was doing it.

Gina and I looked at each other. The scratching sound just kept going. Scratch scratch scratch. She said, "Go see what it is". Hell no! I wasn't going anywhere near that. I was officially creeped out again. She, however, was still in fearless mode. She basically told me that I was a giant wuss. "That door looks coooool!. I'm lookin' inside".

This is where it gets freaky. As soon as she looked in there she started spazzing out. Her head whipped back and forward a couple times and then she turned toward me with a real blank stare in her eyes and she said, "Perhaps tomorrow would be better".

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I really didn't do anything. I just stood there. I don't feel like I was scared stiff or anything. I just didn't know how to react. Gina turned right and walked down the length of the house to the corner and stopped. I finally came to my senses and followed her. I grabbed her shoulders and asked her if she was alright. And she was. She turned around and she seemed fine.

And then it got wierd again. She told me I was giant wuss and then said, "That door looks coooool! I'm lookin' inside".

NOOOOO! I grabbed her and pulled her back. She laughed at me, "What are you doing?!" I told her she already looked in there and what had happened. She just looked at me like I was the worlds biggest idiot. Then I realized the scratching had stopped. I told her I would look inside first. I know. Stupid right? I don't know... I looked though.

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

Gina stayed right behind me as I slowly crept toward the door.

Closer...

Closer...

Closer...

Closer...

Closer...

Closer...

Aaaaaand nothing. Just a dark room with some wood in it. Huh. Just as I was pondering what a fantastic prank Gina had just pulled on me I heard in the most wet sounding, deep guttural voice, "PERHAPS TOMORROW WOULD BE BETTER!!"

I spun around and...

that's the last thing I remember. Next thing I know we're pulling into the driveway and I'm wondering how we got home. I guess I drove. Gina said she slept the whole way so she doesn't know. I was in the driver seat, so I guess I did drive. Obviously the first thing I did was get my film developed. This was the last picture on the roll...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast Machine
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, never heard of that comic. I was bored and couldn't sleep. If nothing else I was entertained for a couple hours. :ghost: