Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

"we didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time..."

1983, photographer unknown, presumed dead.

One of two recovered photographs from the Stirling City Library blaze. Notable for being taken the day which fourteen children vanished and for what is referred to as "The Slender Man". Deformities cited as film defects by officials. Fire at library occurred one week later. Actual photograph confiscated as evidence.

1986, photographer: Mary Thomas, missing since June 13th, 1986.

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 25, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
Maybe I'll do some more research. I've heard there may be a couple more legit "Slender Man" photographs out there. I'll post them if I find them.

Also seconding the 1920s time traveler picture as awesome.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

5/24/95**

1994: Wilks Estate. One subject reported nothing out of the ordinary before taking photograph. Lower stairs area was said to be very dark. Subject states that after the camera flash she heard a sound like a watermelon being *unable to understand subject*.

5/25/93**

Subject unable to recall events after manor power failure. Unable to question other two identified subjects. Camera and film acquired from Gloria Cready, current resident of Woodview Mental Hospital and Psychological Rehabilitation Clinic. Film mostly uncontaminated despite mass of blood and human tissue present on camera. No positive ID on anomalous tall and slender subject. Facial blur caused by possible contamination.

6/7/93**

Early digital analysis indicates tall subject may have no eyes. Anomalies, previously thought to be film errors and flash artifacts, now thought to be appendages.

6/10/93**

Final identified subject reported missing along with other thirty-three patients and staff of Woodview Mental Hospital and Psychological Rehabilitation Clinic south wing.

6/18/93**

Further inquiry to cease immediately.
(see report No.3339-2)

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 11, 2009

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 7, 2009

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

**Alert**Alert**Deployment Request**

ANTI-S WALKER UNIT to deploy to --Wichita--Kansas--

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 28, 2009

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

Steinmen Woods

Both subjects were hunting in the Steinmen woods four hours before sundown. Surviving subject states that while hunting both men grew uneasy as fog levels rapidly increased. A constant murmuring sound accompanied by a low hum eventually became apparent to the two men an hour after the fog increased. An object falling out of tree stuck one of the men in the left shoulder causing him to discharge his weapon. Object said to be the body of a man of unknown age. It was very precisely dissected, with major internal organs still contained within the rib cage in what looked to be clear bags. Surviving subject placed organ bag within backpack. Attack followed several minutes later after a "low children's laugh, like a giggle". Surviving subject ran until he reached his vehicle. Subject then drove to assumed safety.

Backpack destroyed.
Surviving subject is classified as a B7 witness. B7 witness to be placed in quarantine "Blind Box" until resolution.

2007:Investigation team discovered twenty-two bodies of both genders and various ages impaled on broken tree branches in a radiating circle pattern with chest mutilation as often noted with Slender Man. Upon confirmation, lead investigator ********* called for an immediate evacuation of investigation team at 1700 hours. Bodies first discovered at 1100 hours. Deadline for safe evacuation of team with only viewed physical evidence of Slender Man approximately 1730. Lost contact of team at 1725. Safety procedures fell well within established protocols. Reason for abnormality is unknown. Second team recovered camera equipment one week later. Slender Man safety procedures require this incident's physical photographic evidence to be disposed of by no later than 10/20.

I honestly don't get what half this poo poo means. I'm done with this Slender Man stuff. It's starting to make me uneasy. It's like reading the GBS ghost story threads before I go to bed. Why do I have to look at this stuff while it's super late? :smith:

Luckily, my friend is coming over.

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 7, 2009

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

My friend is herejus camein barely made up staairs got pictur locked door but it s right there inthe hall
dont look at its pictures it dosent want to be known about dont loo

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I agree, its better when you don't notice them at first, and only later you realize just how alien the Sender Man is.

Yeah, I wanted the last set of images to be more obvious, since the people taking the pictures kinda knew what they dealing with and therefore could get better shots (before it wiped them out), and I kinda wanted to bring it to a close. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it, although initially it hadn't been my intent to do more past the first picture post. What essentially inspired me was stuff like "The Rake", since that pretty much terrified me. Having an unearthly creature, such as a skinwalker or something, stalking you has always been much scarier than ghosts in my opinion.

As for image assets, I used a lot. I have folder with about seventy different things in it.

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 14, 2009

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

Splash Damage posted:

Where did you get the source for Slender Man? Or was he done from a scratch?

The Slender Man as an idea was made-up off the top of my head, although the concept is based on a number of things that scare me. The name I thought up on the fly when I wrote that first bit. The asset I used for a couple of the pictures was the creepy tall guy from Phantasm, which sadly I have not seen, and the others various guys in suits. All of the things that aren't the torso and legs, like the tentacles and Slender Man's face, were painted from scratch however.

VVV For sure, no happy endings here. Then I would send a dude dressed like him to stand in the yards of all the people who bought and read the book.

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jun 14, 2009

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

21stCentury posted:

Say, Victor, have you ever played any of the Chzo mythos games? (5 days a stranger, 7 days a skeptic, Trillby's Notes and 6 days a sacrifice)

Nope. Never even heard of them. v:shobon:v
I will check it up on wiki though.

^^no big deal, the other poster who did some Slender Man pics used him too.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

Thoreau-Up posted:

I've been following the signs for quite some time.

There are woodcuts dated back to the 16th century in Germany featuring a tall, disfigured man with only white spheres where his eyes should be.

Oooooh someone should make woodcuts or old illustrations for the that folktale. I'd try, but my parents are visiting for the week, so I'm not going to be able to devote anytime to this for a little while.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

All of this stuff is amazing, keep it up.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

pixelbaron posted:

You done hosed up thinking those bars on your windows would keep out the Slender Man. "I'm not stuck in here with y...". :kills you:

I always went with the assumption that his arms, and to a much lesser degree, his legs would change periodically. The Slender Man wants maintain human-like proportions, but try as it might, it's always off to the point where you know something is very, very wrong.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

Billy Corgan is the fully realized form of the Slender Man as a human? :tinfoil:

Also, I'm writing up a bit about the Slender Man for your consideration. It's really text heavy, but I may have an image to go with it as well. Since I'm really busy this week, it may have to wait until the end of next weekend to get finished.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

ce gars posted:

Here's what I was talking about earlier. Plenty of tapes to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn59FJ4HrmU

I'm loving this a lot. Also, what if I didn't spontaneously come up with Slender Man? What if that's what it wants you to think. Come to think of it, I don't really remember those days last week, or even making those posts.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

I was having the same problem as everyone else. Got it back up though:

Click here for the full 500x642 image.

Holy poo poo my avatar!

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jun 25, 2009

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

These were pictures sent to me by two different friends
and this document was sent to me by some unknown person v0v

So basically, Slender Man operates on what seems to be a sort metaphysical territoriality. If more you are aware of it, the more it is aware of you. By raising everyone's perceptions at a base level, you could possibly raise a sort of interference. That would require a spread of Slender Man, Or Slender Man like, media.

Anyways, he's not real, right? Why don't you all post some more pictures and videos and....whatnot...

Also let's not argue about how one interprets the videos. I'm sure it's fine to type out what you think is happening since that is part of the fun. After all the video's creator has the final word, and they're............deeeeeaad? Maybe?. :tinfoil:

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jul 14, 2009

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

A Lamer posted:

The only ones that really bugged me were the ones that involved official/secret investigations into it like the OPTIC NERVE stuff. The fact that those documents and transcripts would be readable by your average joe reading the thread really destroys any believability they have, and makes it read like slash fiction. Meanwhile the first hand accounts and vague, unaware news clippings were quite believable and enjoyable.

There are different types of horror and paranormal fiction out there that people like, so it's inevitable that people will do different things. Slender Man won't be pigeonholed. He is eveywhere. :colbert:

Also seconding the fix the photos thing.

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 28, 2009

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I am thinking of making a life sized (or slightly shorter) Slender Man for halloween. I am kinda stuck on the whole clothing aspect of it though.

Anyone have any suggestions? Right now I am thinking of a generic 2 piece suit, red tie, mannequin, something for the tentacles, etc.

Extra creepy atmosphere, HE WILL BE IN A TREE! :haw:

I'm fairly tall (6'5") and thin, so I may have to make myself a Slender Man costume for next Halloween. Also I'll make myself a little taller yet besides for creepy factor.

vvv I look forward to the inevitable shots of these costumes in the Goon Halloween Costume thread.

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 9, 2009

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

Man, every time I order a pizza at night and I'm about to eat it, I look out the window and think Manbaby Man is going to be right there looking in...at my pizza.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

I've only, as of just the other night, had my first Slenderman nightmare.
Goddammit. <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

I was just thinking, maybe it's time we had one of these...

I'd be willing to buy an emoticon for the forum, whether it be that one or a different one (although I do like that one). Maybe with text by it like the ghost. Perhaps something uncomfortable.

vvv awesome

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Nov 8, 2009