Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Victor Surge posted:

"we didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time..."

1983, photographer unknown, presumed dead.

One of two recovered photographs from the Stirling City Library blaze. Notable for being taken the day which fourteen children vanished and for what is referred to as "The Slender Man". Deformities cited as film defects by officials. Fire at library occurred one week later. Actual photograph confiscated as evidence.

1986, photographer: Mary Thomas, missing since June 13th, 1986.

Body of Missing Child Recovered Five Months After Stirling City Library Disappearance

AP, Kingston Falls - Slain toddler Joseph Pertman was discovered yesterday in the Great Swamp Nature Preserve, where passing hunters noticed his body in an unlikely hiding spot.

...Though Joseph, along with thirteen other children, had vanished over 5 months ago, his body was recovered in early stages of decay, suggesting he was alive until very recently, said Deputy Sheriff Jim Stolz.

Stolz told the Associated Press that the body was found in a state of “bizarre contortion”, although the cause of death is pending investigation.

Coroner Patricia Clark did provide comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

When we were little my brother and I used to hear weird clawing noises on the roof outside of our window. One time we heard them following a heavy snow, and we snapped a picture of some strange tracks the next morning.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Farchanter posted:

The backstories have been working well so far because they talk about things without explaining them, it's sort of along the lines of House of Leaves in that way.

Warm and Fuzzy, have you read about the rash of Jersey Devil sightings along the Delaware River in the early twentieth century? Your image brought it to mind: wiki, under the Encounters section in the lengthy 1909 entry.

I actually got the idea from that horrible show Monster Quest (I think) in an episode about the Jersey Devil. They spent entire hour arguing whether or not a couple of rednecks in the pine barrens saw animal tracks on their roof.