Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So I guess now is a good time to get into the health insurance industry
:smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Willa Rogers posted:

mccaine told his parents to buy u.s. health insurance stocks a couple months ago, lmao

Where did you hear that?

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Willa Rogers posted:

we talked about in the helldump wddp thread, he asked me something like "so it was a good thing I told my parents to buy that?" when I was blathering like I always do on the topic

LOL Sorry I read it as McCain without the e on the end.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
america is so hosed
qtiyd

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
we're all gonna die... save yourselves - America

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Pro-PRC Laowai posted:

corruption at the federal level should be charged as treason and perpetrators should be executed without the right of appeal or stays on said execution. the executions should also be public and a monument of shame detailing their crimes should be erected on the washington mall.

qtiyd

send their asses to gitmo for terrorism

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
gently caress everyone who voted for obama

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

VideoTapir posted:

In the primary or the general?

lol like it makes a difference

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Ardennes posted:

I think you mean gently caress everyone who voted

yeah you're right

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Xachariah posted:

These quotes are making me angry. It's like people see UHC as being kafkaesque when in actual fact is, theres no one between you and your doctor, he just gets paid by the government for treating you.

ARGH.

The worst part is that I know theres absolutely nothing I can say that will change their minds. It's just hopeless.

let it burn...
just burn america to the ground and start over

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
so why have the talking points about health care plummeted to "When has the government ever done anything effectively at all?"

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Radd McCool posted:

I think it's that if the government isn't part of the solution, but government is the problem, then cooperation and mutual dependence aren't the way society works, and if free markets are the solution, then people like you and me are the highest order of human for our potential has been unleashed by capitalism and democracy, our founding FATHERS have taught us to be independent, we SONS of liberty must now SURPASS THE FATHER and create our own families or something

I honestly can't figure this poo poo out, I've gone to try parsing it in terms of feelings 'n' poo poo and do I get it sorted out that way? Not yet

Are these people just stupid? It can't be that simple when half this bullshit is really quite elaborate

in other words, the personal and private interfere with the empirical in this vale of tears we call life.

news at 11

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
paradol and g dude for the thunderdome

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
o yeah wasn't g_mangler that guy who made the post about how it was his wife's fault for getting raped?

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
if people want health care, they should either get a job or join the military.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
step one to making your populace passive and complicit as gently caress:
make everyone go into so much debt that the one time they slip up, they lose everything in their life.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
i can't take the time to do anything in life because i gotta make payments on my truck-boat-truck, the grill, the boat, the RV, the satellite, the 50 inch plasma, etc.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Messyass posted:

If a single goon riots in suburbia and no one is around is to hear it, does it make a sound?

it makes a post

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
the problem with america is that the majority of the people that actually oppose Obamacare oppose it for the wrong reasons.

The actual opposition to such things in America are entirely wrong just like the people proposing and making the laws.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

dur posted:

Sounds a lot like what my girlfriend's mom went through.

She was basically living off a life insurance policy (girlfriend's dad had died about 10 years previous, also of cancer), and when she finally had the cash to pay for a doctor's visit, it was too late. She died of cancer of uh almost everything a little over a month later.

My girlfriend had to take a month off work to go take care of her mom because they couldn't afford anything else. I remember one phone call, my girlfriend crying on the phone, and her mom moaning in agony in the background. They couldn't afford any decent pain killers.

your gf should have worked harder or joined the military, sorry.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

OneArmedScissor posted:

your gf should have worked harder or joined the military, sorry.

U S A AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
americans are loving retarded... that's why the government doesn't want to give them health care reform.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Prince of PURRsia posted:

If you're not obscenely wealthy, you're not a human. You're a friend of the family, and you always will be.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
it's because americans view the world and everything in between in such a black and white manner. This or that. Black or white.
When in actuality life and the world is not that simple at all.
There are reds, greens, blues, purples, etc. and the correct answer to certain situations requires one to mix a few colors and add a little hue of this color and shade with a little of that.

Therefore, Americans are color blind.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

OneArmedScissor posted:

it's because americans view the world and everything in between in such a black and white manner. This or that. Black or white.
When in actuality life and the world is not that simple at all.
There are reds, greens, blues, purples, etc. and the correct answer to certain situations requires one to mix a few colors and add a little hue of this color and shade with a little of that.

Therefore, Americans are color blind.

:goonsay:

lol look at that dumb post

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

B. HUSSEIN OBAMA posted:

ive also thought about this tons of times

if you look at the layout of suburban developments, it's almost like they're optimized for keeping people from massing together or even keeping a bead on North

Also perpetuating the whole notion of owning a house = freedom, or owning a house in the suburbs is the ideal way of life and a sign of a true American, etc.
As such, these people incur huge amounts of debt and are therefore less likely to take to the streets because they don't want to lose their house... something they've devoted so much time, effort, and money in order to have.
More to the point, if they ever did take to the streets... where would they go?

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

redscare posted:

Obama wants to continue "working" with the GOP on healthcare

:suicide:

it's almost like they want the same thing, but they just take different routes getting there!

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Necc0 posted:

shut the gently caress up

stfu you despondent poo poo poster

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

The Paradol posted:

There won't be a public option.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

lol holy poo poo

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
When Anthony Weiner asked Joe what is the value of insurance companies and what insurance companies are bringing to the deal, Joe sat there like a deer in the headlights for a few seconds because he literally had no answer.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Incredulous Dylan posted:

Just received an email about a OFA National Health Care Forum where Obama will answer some heavily screened, handpicked questions. I came up with this rather quickly and sent it in as a "question"

I guess it was not very well though out but I am terrible at this stuff. Anyway,

If enough people submit questions maybe we can get a sneer in the direction of single payer

good enough but he ain't gonna read poo poo from us peasants

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

quadreb posted:

So in your opinion, America will be the first nation to live forever?

indeed

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
just a reminder that soft money got probated for a week for arguing that it is wrong to torture a 12 year old kid.

If someone gets probated for stating the fact that it is wrong to torture a 12 year old kid, America isn't going to get UHC anytime soon.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

quote:

56% say that it is more important than ever that we address health care reform. When asked what they’re most worried about when it comes to health care, respondents focus on rising costs, including insurance premium and prescription drug price hikes and the prospect of not being able to afford health insurance. In spite of those concerns, however, sizeable majorities say they are not willing to pay more in taxes (64%) or in premiums (74%) to cover the uninsured.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpda3l2ri0Y

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I was under the impression that dying was only temporary and not permanent.
Thanks Drudge.

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post

heat posted:

psst... it says prematurely

o poo poo i can't read

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Terrain
Dec 23, 2004

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Everyone should be on freep trying to incite riots or armed rebellions at this point.