Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rort
Sep 24, 2006

guppy posted:

My Pearl 8100 sometimes stops receiving all data. Used to be once in a while, lately it's every night. No emails, no web browsing, JiveTalk and UberTwitter don't work, the whole nine yards. It's not BES-activated. A battery pull fixes it til next time, and it's only a few minutes in my morning, but anyone know what's up?

My 8130 has been having the same problem lately. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rort
Sep 24, 2006

Medullah posted:

Question for anyone...friend has a Curve 8330 and the trackball housing broke, and his ball is gone. He's going to get a replacement in a few days, but we're wondering if theres any way to navigate without the trackball in the meantime? He has about 10 unread text messages, a bunch of messenger messages, etc. that he'd like to read.

He's already tried throwing it against the wall, and that doesn't seem to work so we're open to ideas...

I had the same problem about a month ago with my pearl and was SOL except for SMS (which was what was highlighted prior to me breaking the trackball housing) and whatever the convenience keys were mapped to (contacts and camera). Unless he has keyboard shortcuts enabled, which doesn't sound like the case, he's probably going to have to wait until the replacement comes in.

Rort
Sep 24, 2006

kstatix posted:

8330 means it's either Sprint or Verizon. I'm not sure about Sprint, but I do know the verizon stores have spare trackballs that you can get for free. They won't have them at a mall kiosk but any store with technicians should be carrying extra trackball replacements.

poo poo, I wish I knew this before. Next time I try and clean my trackball and break it, I'll be sure and visit the Verizon store before buying a new one.

Rort
Sep 24, 2006

Schleep posted:

Opera Mini sounds like the browser that most people are using but how does Bolt compare? Bolt's only in beta (right?) but I've heard good things. Anybody have a comparison?

Personally, I like Bolt quite a bit better. It automatically zooms into the main part of the site, instead of having to manually zoom in each time you navigate to a new page. I think it also just got out of the beta phase. But try them both out.

• Locked thread