Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Question for the gmail users out there:

Do you use the gmail client or the BlackBerry mail client for reading/composing messages? Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Jake Gittes posted:

I'm a fan of the Blackberry BIS service for email for no other reason than it's what the folks at RIM designed the Blackberry to do. That being said, I have Google Sync on my phone in order to sync all my calendar events and contacts with my gmail account, and I'm just happy as a clam. Outlook be damned.

Are you able to mark items read on gmail that you read on the BIS client?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

guppy posted:

Yeah, things you read on BIS are marked read in Gmail. You can't archive using BIS though, only delete; the app can archive.

how do you do it cause it doesn't work when i do it :(

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Godzilla07 posted:

Also, check out the BeBerry theme, it's pretty good (that's what it's called IIRC). I got it when it was called PreBerry. It's the best Today Plus theme I've used.

checked it out, looked really cool. then I realized it's only for the Storm.

any other really good themes for a Curve 8330? I'm currently using myJavelinAlpha and growing kinda bored of it :iamafag:

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
don't know if anyone has noticed, but i just got prompted to download/install bb desktop 5.0 :c00l:

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
bbm 5.0 was leaked a few days ago. going to try the install on my vzw curve in a few :)

http://crackberry.com/new-blackberry-messenger-5-0-leaked-all-newer-devices

edit: so much for that, i guess it doesn't work with my OS (4.5.0.77)

BoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 19, 2009

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

n0manarmy posted:

Paging any BES Admins.

I posted this on crackberry.com but have gotten no responses so far. Help?

I don't have access yet to our BES, the administrators are in the process of providing me this so I can't verify settings.

I manage about 25 users with Blackberry's and on occasion one will stop sending and sometimes receiving emails. When they go to send they get the "Dreaded Red X" Every time this has happened I've had to have to user removed and re-added to the BES and have them OTA activate. The reason this is important is that one of our VP's just traveled to China and lost access to the BES when they got there. Aside from phone issues and plan problems that eventually got resolved, they also lost connectivity with the BES and had to be removed and re-added.

Is this something that can happen somewhat often or are things not quite right on our BES? I won't be able to get much out of the current admin as he does nothing but make sure the server is running (most of the time.)

EDIT:

Also WTF is taking them so long to put out Texas Hold'em Kings 3 for the Storm? It's pissing me off quite a bit.

what does the message status say (3rd line down from the top) in a message that has the red X?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

NashAsh posted:

Is there a preferred or "definitive" best weather app (for the Tour)?

Edit: I've found BBweather (free) that updates according to your position (according to the Tour's internal GPS). A prettier version is berryweather which has a few more features but costs 9.95

BerryWeather is great, and I love that I spent $10 on it. I get custom radars and I can quickly check the temp without needing to go into the app. And it doesn't hurt that it's prettier than all the other weather apps.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

frest posted:

just email or copy the mp3 over and use it as a ringtone, don't gently caress around with conversions unnecessarily

here's a question: what's the best blackberry RSS reader? I've been using google reader since I follow several blogs already using blogger dashboard, but it's just not that great

viggo just released viigo lite like a week ago:

http://viigo.com/download/lite

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Funnehman posted:

Alright so my new Tour won't work with my gmail for the life of me. I've been googling for a few hours now, and it won't receive messages. I have imap and pop enabled in gmail, I went to the BIS setup email and added the account. I can send messages from my gmail on the phone fine, but it won't receive emails for some reason, the blackberry email account i made to test it will receive them on the phone, but my gmail just loving will not. Anyone had this problem?

edit: I've deleted/re-added the email several times, no filters enabled or anything like that.

have you set up the imap settings on your BIS setup?

also for those that didn't know: BBM 5.0 was offically released. you can get it via App World or at http://www.blackberry.com/messenger OTA

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Schleep posted:

I really like my new Google Voice number and my new Google Voice application. I like it so much, in fact, that I do all my SMS messaging through Google Voice. Everyone has my new number and the transition went well. But every time I get a SMS message to my Google Voice number, I get a "real" SMS message that looks like this:

"4065654*** Bob Bernard - What the hell is wrong with your phone?"

I want these messages to stop coming. I canceled my $10/month texting plan with Verizon because I don't need it anymore. But that still doesn't stop Google from texting my old number every time my new number gets a SMS.

So, how do I stop incoming text messages?

sounds like it's a notification method on google's end. have you taken a look at all of your settings on the google voice page?

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Godzilla07 posted:

I loving hate Desktop Manager. If somebody can help me out here, it's appreciated. I've installed a 5.0 beta to my computer but DM isn't picking up poo poo. For reference, I'm trying to upgrade a brand new 8900 to 5.0. DM just thinks that 5.0 doesn't exist right now. Do I have to install the latest version of DM to get this to work? (running an early official version of DM 5.0 here) I've deleted the vendor.xml but it was after the system reboot.

you don't use DM to install the OS. you deleted vendor.xml, and then run LOADER.EXE in the same directory.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-install-or-upgrade-new-rim-operating-system-os

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Medullah posted:

Alright so I installed Windows 7 and everything was going smooth. I installed Desktop Manager and it recognized my Blackberry Curve and got a syncing, no problems.

I then decided to give bluetooth sync a try, as I've never really used it. Didn't like it, and changed back to USB.

Now Windows 7 is saying "There is a problem with your cell phone" and not recognizing it when I plug it in, not even as a drive.

Tried different USB ports, uninstalling/reinstalling desktop manager...nothing.

DTM 5.0.1 was just released today and is win7 compatible :woop:

• Locked thread