Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback
How good is the Blackberry webbrowser compared to IE for WinMo? I mostly use it for reading blogs, etc so I don't need it to be great or anything, but I don't think I've ever actually used their browser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback
This might be a really simple question, but what are the advantages to built in Wifi? I'm considering a Tour and the lack of Wifi is the only problem I see with it for my needs, but never having had a device with Wifi I'm not sure how often I'd use it. I assume it gives you better speeds for data in locations with Wifi, but is there anything else? How does Wifi power drain compare to using the network for data?

Edit: What is the best browser for the Tour? It doesn't list it as an option for Opera Mobile.

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback
Is there a way to have a direct desktop icon for a AppWorld app? I only have UberTwitter so far but I can see it being annoying to have to load AppWorld every time I want to open UberTwitter. This might be simple, but I just can't find out how to do it, and my google-fu is weak on this issue.

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback

Godzilla07 posted:

There should be a folder called Third-Party Apps. Now in that folder, UberTwitter should be there. Hit the menu button on UberTwitter's icon, then hit Move to Folder. Move it to Home and now it can be on your home screen. This can apply to moving any app to any folder or the home screen.

Thanks, this fixed it. Another question I cross posted in the Sprint thread: Is there a trick to logging into a Sprint Blackberry e-mail account? I just set it up on the device, and I can't log in on sprint.blackberry.com

• Locked thread