Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah
Jul 2, 2003
Fungah! Foiled again!
I just got a 8900 a few weeks ago and everything was going well until I started using iSkoot for skype. The app itself worked well however any time I then tried to access sms/email messages the phone would lock up and I'd have to either hold down the power button to switch it off then back on again at which point I'd get an uncaught exception error message or I'd have to pull the battery.

I now have the problem that ANY time I want to either access the phone or messages app (ie the main two functions of the device) it locks up and I have to either switch off or pull the battery.

Any ideas what is going on? I have read that occasionally, pulling the battery can corrupt the OS. Should I just try to reinstall the OS? What is the best way of going about this?

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread