Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
That's a much-improved OP, thanks for the work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

BoyBlunder posted:

Question for the gmail users out there:

Do you use the gmail client or the BlackBerry mail client for reading/composing messages? Why?
I used to use the Gmail app, but they added better native support recently, so I switched over to the BB client. I still keep the app installed so I can use the search function once in a blue moon.

The app works, but it's limited. It can't do some very basic things, like attachments, or at least it couldn't last time I checked.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

BoyBlunder posted:

Are you able to mark items read on gmail that you read on the BIS client?
Yeah, things you read on BIS are marked read in Gmail. You can't archive using BIS though, only delete; the app can archive.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I don't know what to tell you. It just happens for me.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
My Pearl 8100 sometimes stops receiving all data. Used to be once in a while, lately it's every night. No emails, no web browsing, JiveTalk and UberTwitter don't work, the whole nine yards. It's not BES-activated. A battery pull fixes it til next time, and it's only a few minutes in my morning, but anyone know what's up?

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
This is a long shot, but you've pulled the battery, right?

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I have a Pearl 8100. I'm on JiveTalk and UberTwitter pretty much my entire workday, so I don't even get a full day out of it :(

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Any other JiveTalk users had occasional issues lately with MSN? Sometimes it shows me as connected to MSN, but my MSN contacts category doesn't appear.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Welp, I broke my Pearl yesterday. I finally got sick of the trackball sticking and I took it out to try to fix it, and managed to dislodge the contact that senses scrolling and somehow break the clicking action of the ball. I was able to put the contact back into place with a pen (though it still stuck going down), but I couldn't fix the clicking. I threw myself on T-mo's mercy and they were kind enough to give me the discount pricing three months early, so I bought the 8520. It's really nice.

I've had almost no problems restoring my phone -- the migration wizard works well and grabs everything -- but I have had one problem. When I sync (via USB), it tries to re-add all calendar events each time, so I end up with multiple copies of each appointment unless I clear the calendar data and resync. Anyone had and fixed this problem?

EDIT: Seems to be working now.

guppy fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 9, 2009

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Medullah posted:

Anyone know a good way to manage Netflix queue on a Curve? So often I'm talking to someone and am reminded of a movie I want to watch. I usually just make a note and add it later, but it'd be cool if there was a way to add it directly. I saw in the app store there was one thing that popped up when I searched for Netflix, but I don't know anything about it...
I have the same question. A Netflix queue app would have been helpful for me a couple of times now.

So, here's a question. BIS service was restored, right? How come emails still aren't being delivered? I've reset the device already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Is Monoprice still a danger zone for credit card info or was that wrapped up?

• Locked thread