Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ideologue
Jan 25, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I didn't get a Storm (1 I guess), but I'm kind of looking forward to the Storm 2. Hopefully they'll have refined it a lot more and people's complaints will go away. And yeah, much better op than before, good job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ideologue
Jan 25, 2006

by Fistgrrl

flyboi posted:

A friend of mine is going through some nasty legal battles with another abusive person and needs to record phone calls on their storm... Does anyone know if this is possible? I've been searching for a few days but so far I've found nothing.

I don't know the legality of recording without informing the other party, but http://123spoof.com/ lets you record calls among other things...

Ideologue
Jan 25, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Congratulations, get that new bluetooth visor mount and tell me if it's good!

Ideologue
Jan 25, 2006

by Fistgrrl
*raises paw* Does anybody have anymore beta invites I'm really curious now. Thanks either way.

Ideologue
Jan 25, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Godzilla07 posted:

If anybody wants a Sensobi invite, e-mail me at godzilla07@gmail.com stating you want a Sensobi invite.

Thanks for this, I just installed it; it looks pretty cool.

Ideologue
Jan 25, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Gimik posted:

I've been wanting to add this to my work email sig. is there any way to do it besides a screenshot of the BB? Is there a way to export my personal barcode?

I put it on my facebook profile and then someone called me a nerd :(

Ideologue
Jan 25, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I'm probably gonna stick with Blackberry because of the keyboard, the email and, mainly, most of my friends are on BBM. Does anyone have a Torch? If so what are your impressions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ideologue
Jan 25, 2006

by Fistgrrl

Godzilla07 posted:

There's a Gtalk/AIM/MSN app on all their BlackBerrys. Try to get them to one of those as a common standard and use that instead. Then pick an iPhone or Android phone.

Seriously, you're giving up a lot by going with the Torch. It's the best BlackBerry yet, but RIM targeted the iPhone 3G with those specs and the UI. For reference, the iPhone 3G came out 2 years ago. You can get good push e-mail on just about every platform these days. Keyboard, despite my current phone having one, isn't as necessary as you might think it to be. A good physical keyboard is always nice, but the iPhone has an excellent keyboard and you can use Swype on Android.

No one here has a Torch because they don't have a corporate upgrade yet. If you really want to go with MY BBM, then get the Torch. But keep in mind that you're buying what's basically a 2-year old smartphone.

I pretty much agree with everything you've said, but out of nowhere in the last ~6 months, almost every 20 something girl I know got a curve.

I'm still undecided but I just pretty much know nothing about Android phones (I guess I'll go to that thread for recommendations). Also, I have to admit, that as big a Blackberry fanboy I used to be I'm pretty frustrated with their recent direction/stagnation.

• Locked thread