Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Drewski
Apr 15, 2005

Good thing Vader didn't touch my bike. Good thing for him.
:master: "I think much of it had to do with the kids seeing their baby brother Trig mocked by some pretty mean-spirited adults recently.":master:

:siren: :siren: Sarah Palin is making an announcement at 11 am Alaska time... Is it possible we got to her? :siren: :siren:

:goon: Check out our Huffington Post article!!! :goon:

TEAMSARAH HAS APPARENTLY CAUGHT ON

Oglethorpe posted:

TeamSarah is linking to this thread, it was only a matter of time.

Digg it (Links to wonkette but wonkette links back to here)

First, fellow goon Oglethorpe set up a blog and added the pictures "in case it gets big" (easy to tweet)

Then, Linda Biegel linked back to us when Google pointed us out

From there it was posted to Wonkette, where they had this to say:

Wonkette.com posted:

Palin basically poked a stick in the world’s largest beehive filled with cheap & tireless insanity, and the SomethingAwful.com goons have unleashed a pack of Photoshop Dogs From Hell to make the most incredible collection of Sarah Palin Desecration Images in the History of Time, the end.

Next, mancouch.com picked up on some of the action.

Schnoo over at Newsvine decided to make a post, and there are several comments there, too

Legal Insurrection decided to get their feet wet! (watch out for the fundie wackos!)

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

CNN posted:

A week after a high-profile uproar with comedian David Letterman over the late-night host's joke about her daughter, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is again sharply responding to the appearance of her children in the public sphere.

Palin's latest response comes after liberal Alaskan Blogger Linda Kellen Biegel doctored a photograph of the former Republican vice presidential candidate with her 1-year-old son Trig, who suffers from Down Syndrome.

Biegel, who blogs in support of the Alaska Democratic Party under the name "Celtic Diva," superimposed a picture of conservative Alaskan radio host Eddie Burke over Trig's face in an apparent effort to show how close the radio host is with the Alaskan governor.

"Recently we learned of a malicious desecration of a photo of the Governor and baby Trig that has become an iconic representation of a mother's love for a special needs child," Palin spokeswoman Meghan Stapelton said in a statement provided to CNN. "The mere idea of someone doctoring the photo of a special needs baby is appalling."

This is the original picture in question, although there is a longer version:

I can't find the full-length picture, though.

http://www.divasblueoasis.com/ is the blogger in question.

CNN had the following picture which shows the photoshop in question, but I can't seem to find a decent original:

There was a link to something in the CNN article that is not available, I think it may be the photoshop in question. However, one I have seen floating around is this one, which is Letterman (thanks for letting me know!):

I don't think what Biegel did was in any way immoral. It's not like Biegel was making fun of her kid. I thought it was an interesting way to show the relationship Palin has with conservative radio in Alaska. :10bux: says palin would have reacted to any photo of her with a baby.

This is just begging for some kind of goon intervention. I'm sorry to say that I am absolute poo poo with photoshop and should not be allowed to touch it, but I hopefully have given you all the necessary material to get the job done.

edit:

Oglethorpe posted:

Another photo to use if you guys want a new perspective.

Trubadurix posted:

(feel free to use this last one as a starter image for your own pics.)

another edit: Looks like Linda is still watching this thread, because she linked to us again.

Drewski fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 3, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I think she was calling the radio guy retarded, and that may or may not be a little over the line, in that she used her legitimately handicapped infant son to reflect that.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
If she really is considering on running again for higher office she really needs to let these little distractions go.

But who am I kidding, I want to see her crash and burn again.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
Palin's kind of new to the internet, isn't she?

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

"Celtic Diva" is a genuinely appalling username.

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

Did anyone ever give a poo poo what Palin thinks about anything? Ever?

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.
Sarah Palin, you are everything that is wrong with America.

plaguedoctor
Jun 26, 2008

I CAN DUMP MY GIRLFRIEND CAUSE SHE'S LIKE A WHORE, RIGHT GUYS? RIGHT???

Ray Mears Bushcraft posted:

"Celtic Diva" is a genuinely appalling username.

Translation ---

Celtic = Ginger
Diva = Hambeast

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Why hello Governor Palin! I'm the Internet and I'm here to ruin your day, everyday. :buddy:

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.

50 Foot Ant posted:

Palin's kind of new to the internet, isn't she?
She gave an interview last year where she said bloggers probably spend their time in their parents' basements wearing pajamas and spreading all kinds of rumors online.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
you know, I haven't felt compelled to contribute to a photoshop thread in a long time but I could get behind this one.
We're planning on making the most offensive palin family photoshops in here right?

I refuse to be outdone by the ginger hambeast

old beast lunatic fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 25, 2009

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Wingless posted:

Did anyone ever give a poo poo what Palin thinks about anything? Ever?
If you're talking in generalities, approximately half of the nation did last year. Quite a bit less than half from an electoral college standpoint.

She's just keeping herself in the news, that's all.

That Dog From TV
Sep 6, 2007

by Fistgrrl

tonelok posted:

She gave an interview last year where she said bloggers probably spend their time in their parents' basements wearing pajamas and spreading all kinds of rumors online.

So in other words she's pretty much right?

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

That last pic is Letterman, not a conservative Alaskan radio host.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Stop giving her attention already.

Spyder Mayhem
Oct 28, 2006

Turning water into sex appeal

FishBulb posted:

And also food and clothing and shelter.

bacteriophaggot
Mar 6, 2007

squirt.

FishBulb posted:

I don't think anyone's taking her seriously anymore; the Republican Party would have to be crazy (er than they are already) to put her on the ticket. Right now she's more of an amusing joke. I say she make up for those months of hell she put us through with sheer entertainment value.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Sarah Palin is hot.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Xenomorph posted:

Sarah Palin is hot.

You spend all your time staring at Alien models made by Geiger, you are the last person that should be judging hot.

appletonoutcast
May 31, 2007

Om nom nom nom nom nom
Clearly this is a challenge for goons and the internet at large to offend her in whole new and wonderous ways regarding her retar-I MEAN "SPECIAL" BUNDLE OF JOY!

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
That hambeast looks pretty downsy itself.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I'd actually agree with her... if she wasn't completely missing the mark.

Is it wrong to make fun of her special needs child? No. But that's not what this is, Sarah, it's only making fun of you and some radio host.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I had my fingers crossed, hoping that when Letterman apologized it would go something like "It turns out one of my writers is from the future, and he pitched that joke a year or two early. Sorry for the confusion."

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Revol posted:

I'd actually agree with her... if she wasn't completely missing the mark.

Is it wrong to make fun of her special needs child? No. But that's not what this is, Sarah, it's only making fun of you and some radio host.

Every argument sarah palin makes about anything is just like this.

"the liberal media hates me because of my conservative family values... they don't treat hillary clinton like that."
No Bitch, Its because you're really stupid. They don't treat Hillary like that because she can answer questions.

old beast lunatic fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 25, 2009

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
That's a pretty crappy 'shop job. Any self-respecting goon worth half their weight in Cheetos could do better.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I find it amusing that she used her kids when it served her purposes, but gets mad when other people do the same, or point out that she's doing this...

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

I made this blog a while ago, if this turns into a Photoshop thread I'll post them there giving credit to makers, then I'll post the blog on twitter hoping it gets attention. I'm bad at captions so provide your own if you don't want any by me. :3:

Oglethorpe fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 25, 2009

Kinison Khan
Apr 14, 2006

From a hooker's heart I stab at thee...
Time to jump start this thread. Some quick and dirty shops.

Jake Armitage
Dec 11, 2004

+69 Pimp

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

-Atom- posted:

But who am I kidding, I want to see her crash and burn again.
She is quite hilarious when she does.

joyfulgirl129
Aug 22, 2006

Requesting chillbaby's face, please!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The way Letterman handled everything they said about him was pure brilliance. "Todd" must have felt so insignificant and worthless after that segment.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

stromdotcom posted:

She has a cave troll

TC_
Mar 17, 2006

Party time!!
:toot:
Is there anything that Palin won't try to turn into a grandstanding poo poo fit to keep herself in the public eye?

"AP NEWS - Alaska Gov Sarah Palin 'Outraged' that Local Rite Aid is Out of Lady Speed Stick"

If she doesn't like being made fun of, she's waaay too deep into the wrong career.

Kara Thrace
May 14, 2008

by Peatpot
People really have no class. I know she's a moron, but come on.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

You, Sir, are UNAmerican!

Kara Thrace posted:

What website do you think you're ON??!

TC_
Mar 17, 2006

Party time!!
:toot:

Kara Thrace posted:

Plain and simple - you do not run for the office of vice president on a major party ticket if you want to live a quiet life as a private citizen and not have people scrutinize or laugh at you for stuff.

I'd really like to hear her thoughts on her former runningmate publicly calling Chelsea Clinton ugly, she clearly got over her parental "think of the children :argh:" rage for that one.

mackensie
Apr 17, 2002
Hey guys what's the difference between Palin's mouth and her vagina? I hear her vagina's produced only one retarded thing. haha Okay, so, I used it in L/F a couple of weeks ago sue me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Harris
Nov 2, 2004

For relaxing times,
make it
Suntory time.

stromdotcom posted:

RUUUTH RUUUTH RUUUTH baaBIE RUUUTH!!