Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I know we already did limbaugh, but:

Edit: made a smaller version

He looks a little fussy.
I never get tired of watching that disgusting pig-man do the truffle shuffle.

old beast lunatic fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 30, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taupoke
Apr 26, 2008

by T. Finninho
Sure I'll be trolled for this, but I honestly have no problem with parents not aborting disabled children if they look after it properly. What revolts me to my core are parents who abandon disabled children.

Also yay for pro eugenics goons

ImhotepsServant
Jul 3, 2007

Trust me, I'm a scientist!!
Could anyone photoshop Palin holding a bloodied baby seal?

Daffodil Lament
Dec 29, 2008

taupoke posted:

Sure I'll be trolled for this, but I honestly have no problem with parents not aborting disabled children if they look after it properly. What revolts me to my core are parents who abandon disabled children.

Also yay for pro eugenics goons

Agreed. I hate debating about this stuff, but I'm very anti-abortion. I just try to keep the peace and not say anything to avoid starting an argument. They never go anywhere anyway.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

SavesTheLava
Jan 14, 2006

SavesTheLava fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 1, 2009

Monocle Smile
Aug 20, 2003

Sounds great...

SavesTheLava posted:

Oh come on.. Really?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

SavesTheLava posted:

awesome brah, do one using this next!

Zachsta
Jun 13, 2007

by T. Fine

:v:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

redbackground posted:

The Angry Brit posted:

Weapons Grade Suede posted:

The TRAIN is LATE.

God, between these images I think I'm set for laughs for the entire day.

River Raid
Apr 2, 2004

GODDAMN I AM A HUGE MORON! WITH A JETPLANE OF STUPID!

Oben posted:

This really is pretty great

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Zachsta posted:

Haha nice. It took me a few seconds to get it.

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

My contribution to the fun.

Call it a tribute to Tina Fey.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

mooglemistle posted:

As requested:

This would be my first foray into the photoshopping effort on SA.

Thank you!

You know, I find it funny that it's always supposed to be "the liberals" who make fun of conservatives. I'm a relatively conservative person and an employee at a major conservative organization, and I find this thread hilarious.

Palin would have more friends if she stopped flaking out on appearances, frankly.

Baron Society
Mar 3, 2009

ImhotepsServant posted:

Could anyone photoshop Palin holding a bloodied baby seal?

:nms:OK. :nws:

TheAdmiral
Mar 1, 2006
Internet, ho!

Zachsta posted:

Very nice. Has anyone ever heard the names of Palin's children somewhere besides the Palin family? I mean, really, I only see names this ridiculous in the children of some hollywood celebrities. And that probably says something about her too, I'm just not sure what.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

Baron Society posted:

:nms:OK. :nws:

Well that's just about the most horrifying thing ever. :cry:

Still, if it pisses Palin off...

Baron Society
Mar 3, 2009

Vanagoon posted:

Well that's just about the most horrifying thing ever. :cry:

Still, if it pisses Palin off...

I hope so.

MutantBlue
Jun 8, 2001

I think I found the new Palin family photo.

hellbastard
Apr 4, 2006

Zachsta posted:

HAha, I was hoping this angle would be taken.

FlyCollieMan
Jun 8, 2007

MutantBlue posted:

That is horrifying

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

MutantBlue posted:

AUGH WHAT THE gently caress. The younger girl looks TERRIFYING.

hellbastard posted:

HAha, I was hoping this angle would be taken.

:rimshot:

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

You, Sir, are UNAmerican!
I think this will fix the entire issue to everyone's satisfaction.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

MutantBlue posted:

Come play with us...come play with us...

hellbastard
Apr 4, 2006

MutantBlue posted:

Her edlest daughter looks like shes got some tardloaf baking in the over herself.

Stein Rockon
Feb 5, 2005

SATAN SANTA TRADE YOUR SOUL FOR MY ORANGES

TheAdmiral posted:

Very nice. Has anyone ever heard the names of Palin's children somewhere besides the Palin family? I mean, really, I only see names this ridiculous in the children of some hollywood celebrities. And that probably says something about her too, I'm just not sure what.

The names are Trig, Track, Bristol, Willow and Piper. The last three of these don't sound very weird. Both Willow and Piper show up in several name databases. You might also remember Willow from Buffy the vampire slayer, though that is hardly a source of normality.
Bristol is a city in Southwest England. The name comes from "Brycgstow", meaning "the place at the bridge" (blame wikipedia if that's wrong). I don't think using it as a name is that strange, when you consider that many people are named after cities. Some examples are the cities Chelsea (Clinton), Brooklyn (Beckham), Paris (Hilton), Preston (a lot of people) and Lincoln (Abe and Chafee).

Track and Trig are different.
I've never heard of anyone called Track, and I can't find it in any of the 2-3 baby-name lists I've checked.

Trig is, according to this site, "a Norse word meaning 'true' and 'brave victory'".
A lot of Norwegian names come from old Norse names and words, and that explanation just sounds wrong to me.
I'm norwegian. We know this poo poo :smug:

Anyway, I checked and the closest real name I can find is "Trygve". This name comes from the norse word "tryggr", which means reliable or safe.
Trig, however, is not in the Norse dictionary. In fact, there's mostly variations of "tryggr", and there is nothing that even comes close to the supposed meaning of Trig.

The correct Norse word for victory is "sigr". Truth is "sannindi" and honesty is "ærligr".
So...yeah, it looks like the Palins hosed up there, and little Trig's name doesn't really mean anything, at least in Norse.
Of course, if anyone has evidence to the contrary, please let me know. Especially if you're Icelandic.

Stein Rockon fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 1, 2009

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

lamb posted:

:ramsay:

But seriously, it made me giggle at least.

And Pimpsolo, if you're lurking around in probate land, no, I'm not a right-wing fundie. I'm agnostic and vote for the Liberal Party ( :canada: ).

Ethan_Alan
Apr 8, 2008

I am threatened by non-violence

TheAdmiral posted:

She names them after locations in Alaska. Bristol Bay I know for sure, I think Willow's a podunk town out here, Trig and Track have to be short for something here too I bet.

Edit: Upon closer inspection, it's Trig PAXSON Palin. So that one guy is right about the norse stuff, but Paxson's a town here. And Track was her favorite sport. Whoops.

Ethan_Alan fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 1, 2009

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

MutantBlue posted:

Something about this picture just makes me more disgusted at the Palin family. I can't really put my finger on it, but something about it.

MutantBlue
Jun 8, 2001

hellbastard posted:

Her edlest daughter looks like shes got some tardloaf baking in the over herself.

Yeah, I kinda added the baby bump to Breeding Bristol.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Ethan_Alan posted:

She names them after locations in Alaska. Bristol Bay I know for sure, I think Willow's a podunk town out here, Trig and Track have to be short for something here too I bet.

Edit: Upon closer inspection, it's Trig PAXSON Palin. So that one guy is right about the norse stuff, but Paxson's a town here. And Track was her favorite sport. Whoops.

Vote pandering to a whole new level.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

MutantBlue posted:

Where we're going you don't need eyes to see.

gravitas
Jan 20, 2007

Joust posted:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

gravitas posted:

This after his appearance on Colbert last night makes Jeff Goldblum about 20x as awesome as he was before.

Ask Phoebe!
Sep 25, 2008

Zachsta posted:

I know this is Trig(onometry), but after Ackbar and Cthulhu, my head automatically produced: "Pyramid Head is looking a little... flat , lately!" :haw:

Funny either way.

hellbastard
Apr 4, 2006

I don't know why... just:

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007

Trubadurix posted:

Trig is, according to this site, "a Norse word meaning 'true' and 'brave victory'".
A lot of Norwegian names come from old Norse names and words, and that explanation just sounds wrong to me.
I'm norwegian. We know this poo poo :smug:

Anyway, I checked and the closest real name I can find is "Trygve". This name comes from the norse word "tryggr", which means reliable or safe.
Trig, however, is not in the Norse dictionary. In fact, there's mostly variations of "tryggr", and there is nothing that even comes close to the supposed meaning of Trig.

The correct Norse word for victory is "sigr". Truth is "sannindi" and honesty is "ærligr".
So...yeah, it looks like the Palins hosed up there, and little Trig's name doesn't really mean anything, at least in Norse.
Of course, if anyone has evidence to the contrary, please let me know. Especially if you're Icelandic.

I thought Trig was just short for Trigger. You know, a name you might give to a dog.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Trubadurix posted:

You've now given more thought to Sarah Palin's kids' names than she ever did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hellbastard
Apr 4, 2006

I Got interupted alot and this didn't quite come out as dynamic as I wanted... but if I get time later I'll try and improve it. (also, my gifs usually play slow, ruining the illusion, so we'll see)

]eDIt: poo poo.... I knew I forgot to save a frame.

hellbastard fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 1, 2009