Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

klauth posted:

the horror!

I can HEAR this picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Stickbug posted:

gently caress!
I can hear this one too!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

Wonder no more!

I AM NOT OKAY WITH THIS :argh:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Mister Kingdom posted:

I got through with no errors.

Reread the error message.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
It's a bit extreme I think to prevent mothers from having children with major problems like Downs but it's probably a good idea to discourage it and at the very least try not to encourage it.

It's important for women who are pregnant with children who are going to need major help for their entire life to really understand what their future will be like if they go ahead with the pregnancy.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Sup Bro posted:

Keep in mind that people with Down Syndrome are almost always sterile, and we can assume no one's jumping up to be impregnated by the mentally challenged anyway.
This isn't true at all!
http://www.ds-health.com/issues.htm

I'm not saying that we should start killing off the kids with Downs, but it's important that realize that raising a child with Downs is going to be a huge challenge.

I'm pro-choice but I think that in a lot of cases women really ought to consider having the child and giving it up for adoption. There are a lot of people out there who would really like to adopt an infant and raise it as their own. However, in the case of Downs and other comparable birth problems, there really isn't as much of a demand.

I have a terrible feeling that Trig is going to be some huge poster child for Downs syndrome for the next 20 years, Trig is going to get all the medical and educational care that he needs to become a sorta functional member of society. People are going to see this and be inspired to try to repeat that success story when they barely have the resources to raise a perfectly healthy child.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Pimpsolo posted:

Darwin has proved it, as much as gravitational theory is proved. You need to understand the concept of a "scientific theory." It isn't the same thing as the colloquial use of the term "theory." A scientific theory needs mounds and mounds of evidence, and Darwin's theories have withstood scientific prodding time and time again. It is proven. If you don't want accept evolution as true, we have nothing to discuss really.

Based on the fact that Children with Down's are able to stay alive in the United States they are definitely sufficiently adapted. Darwin really isn't the right direction to go at all in defending your views, people who have a much better handle on the subject are going to run circles around you if you keep pushing the Evolution angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

skander posted:

And bring home the bacon, so that no one knows.

Even his friends would be unaware. I'm pretty sure that no one would even care.