Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«61 »
smart patrol
Nov 8, 2005
no where to go.

Follow these three rules and we might get to keep playing:

1. don't harass the pubbies

2. play in one of our rooms: Somewhere Awful (regular wordlist) or Somewhere Worse (adult wordlist soon to come)

3. DON'T HARASS THE PUBBIES

we need to occupy two rooms, Somewhere Awful and Somewhere Worse. it's the front page stuff that's killing us, apparently. (sentences from anywhere but these rooms and Ao show up on the front page; soccermoms do not appreciate pedophilia and murder as much as the normal fella.) PLAY IN THOSE TWO ROOMS. this amount of interest was not anticipated.

the site's administrator just told me he's going to shut down our room and the adults only room if you guys don't stop loving with pubbies. this is why we can't have nice things.

we have our own room so that we can be horrible to one another inside it, and to anyone foolish enough to play with us. we keep it in there so that we can play a game we like and not gently caress it up for people whose sole satisfaction in life is drama and the encouragement thereof--also sweaters with kittens on them.

but we don't gently caress with the pubbies so that we can all play a game we like. yay, let's try that.

edit #8234: our room is totally back, with an additional room; stick to our own spaces and we should be cool.

Hey folks, we've got our own room now for Pseudobabble, figured we'd revamp the thread as well, try and get some new players in the process. Come try it out, new people. Please don't be a douche in the clean room. The site's administrator is a good guy, but he'll ban you.

Pseudobabble is a sentence-making word game where up to 12 players have a short time to create a sentence out of a random wordlist; the players then vote for the sentence they like best. Itís a simple enough concept, and vastly entertaining with the right people (e.g. goons), and we now have our very own room to play in.

The sentence making process:

For those of you who remember the gameís predecessor Psychobabble, the scoring works the same way: each vote received is worth one point, and the sentence with the most votes receives an additional three points; one point also goes to the players who voted for the winner. If sentences tie in number of votes received, the one with the most characters used is the winner. The game ends when a player reaches 30.

The scoring process:

In order to play youíll need to register a username and password, but the email address you supply need not be a valid one. Most goon games happen between 10:00 pm and 4 am EST, but donít let that stop you. Follow the link below to start playing, or read on for more screens, game description, hints and tips.

***********PLEASE READ*************

ExtraFox posted:

Jesus. Smart Patrol, want to add a disclaimer to the OP for the newcomers that we don't harass people outside of Somewhere Awful out of respect for the admin who graciously gave us our own space?

We're getting another room shortly, please play nice.

**we done got that room, woo.

***********PLEASE READ**************

here is the game: http://www.mutantdog.com/membersarea/allsentences.php

note: we generally play in our room, Somewhere Awful, as a courtesy to the siteís owner; the pubbies are less inclined to vote for sentences about raping babies anyways, so itís in our best interest as well.

here is a link to the old thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...40&pagenumber=1 --I have yet to transfer the caps from there to here.

and hey, if you find yourself playing the game a lot and liking it, shoot the guy a few bucks; the way i see it, i play this more often than whatever $15/mo. mmo i'm barely playing and i'm nearly guaranteed a good time, so why not. also, the administrator was kind enough to hook us up with a room (and another one here shortly) and provide us with a pretty rocking free-rear end game. so yeah: http://www.mutantdog.com/membersarea/donations.php

smart patrol fucked around with this message at Jul 2, 2009 around 22:16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shakespearean Beef
Jul 12, 2008

Slow night, and this looks like a bit of fun. In as SA_ShakeyBeef

Twelve Beers
Nov 29, 2008

Oh yeah, what a great fucking ideeeeeeeea.

Im in too, yay!

mmmuffins
Jan 18, 2007

This was classic last time. I'm in for another round!

smart patrol
Nov 8, 2005
no where to go.

here are some sentences about sex with children:

Useful poo poo

There are a number of prefixes and suffixes provided with each wordlist, most of which can be found in the lower right corner. Once you add an affix of one sort or another, the game does a pretty good job of making the correct word: conjugate + -ed = conjugated, buy + -ed = bought, etc.

Also, the exclamation point will turn into a capital I if used at the beginning of a sentence, or after commas and periods. You can also use a number of word combinations to create the contraction "I'm." To change ! into an I after question marks or in the middle of a sentence, put [^] in front of it.

I'm combinations:

I'm combination with [^]:

other useful conversions:

you're:

lol butts (also 'thing,' which is very useful):

tired of not being able to say fuckballs friend of the family sandwich? type /cf to turn off the chat filter. hooray.

Specialty tiles

There are a number of specialty tiles in the game that serve various functions: a double equal tile [= =]; a double plus tile [+ +]; and a caret [^].

[= =] Duplicate: Click any tile you would like to have a copy of, and then click [= =]. The [= =] will change into whatever tile you clicked previously. If you chose poorly, just right-click the tile to revert it back to [= =] and try again. You will always have at least one [= =] every round, but two or three is not terribly uncommon.

[+ +] Smoosh together: Place this tile between two words to smoosh them together. This tile is as rare as it is useful, but it has its moments.

[^] Capitalize etc: The caret tile serves more than one function.

Its primary use is capitalization (place [^] in front of the tile you wish to capitalize).

It is also used in conjunction with [s] to create a possessive apostrophe (to make [girl][s] possessive instead of plural, add [girl][^][s] ).

Place [^] in front of [your] to get [youíre]. Do this. The alternative is painful.

Place [^] in front of [!] in the middle of a sentence to make it an [I]. This will make more sense in-game.

smart patrol fucked around with this message at Jun 28, 2009 around 08:09

dAPER
Apr 21, 2005

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats

Room is full

Fusion Fox
Mar 2, 2007

Top of the range buttock physics

Wow, I'm still shaking with laughter from those screengrabs. I'm getting in on the ground floor with this new thread, SA_FusionFox.

Eggn0g
Jun 27, 2008

Is it possible to make another Goon room? Or maybe increase the amount of people allowed in the room?

ExtraFox
May 21, 2003

~all of these candy~

Hooray new thread and new chances for me to sweep entire rounds or suck it up hardcore.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool.

In as Haruharuharuko.

smart patrol
Nov 8, 2005
no where to go.

here are some sentences about sexual assault and murder:

here are some sentences about ladies:

here are some racist sentences and also sentences about the holocaust:

here are some other sentences that are good:

smart patrol
Nov 8, 2005
no where to go.

If you guys have any old screens kicking around, you should post 'em. I'll add stuff about the game itself later tonight. Also, if interest picks up and stays up, i'll see about getting another room added on; he was pretty cool about the first request.

ExtraFox
May 21, 2003

~all of these candy~

smart patrol posted:

If you guys have any old screens kicking around, you should post 'em. I'll add stuff about the game itself later tonight. Also, if interest picks up and stays up, i'll see about getting another room added on; he was pretty cool about the first request.

Yeah, it's a shiny new thread so we'll see how long people continue to join. I know I go through weeks at a time where I don't play at all.

But I always come back baby

Mr. Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

This looks fun, but the room is full. Looks like I'll have a bit of a wait.

ExtraFox
May 21, 2003

~all of these candy~

Don't worry - late night crew is cooler anyway

Luthien
Nov 20, 2004

Mr. Fowl posted:

This looks fun, but the room is full. Looks like I'll have a bit of a wait.

Wish there was a queuing feature.

Eggn0g
Jun 27, 2008

just managed to get into the SA room. I think another SA room is needed though, since I saw a lot of goons join the lobby, saw the SA room was full and quit shortly afterwoods.

Twelve Beers
Nov 29, 2008

More goons in "Adult Only"

Edit: Adults Only has more swear words, makes things more fun. Come on in!

Twelve Beers fucked around with this message at Jun 27, 2009 around 23:08

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?

"I see a virginity emergency. I'm not above that."

Funniest thing I've seen all week.

Twelve Beers
Nov 29, 2008

"Awake? Have a vasectomy! Honk honk."

Need No Instruction
Jul 23, 2007
To Know How To Rock

I am going to a friends for dinner tonight but I will be in on this later tonight.

Registered as SA_Instructions

Fusion Fox
Mar 2, 2007

Top of the range buttock physics

That was pretty amazing, I'll definately be back to do this again.

mmmuffins
Jan 18, 2007

Theme was 'Briefly Describe your penis'

Assplant
Apr 21, 2007
I'm gonna smoke your face.

I'd like to take part, but is anyone else just getting a blank page once they log in? All i can do is click the "Log Out" button upon signing in. Just that, on a blank blue page. What the hell..?

Edit: got it. didn't bloody well have java installed somehow. in as sponny.

It's depressing how little gold is worth outside our lovely community. (i use the word lovely rather liberally here)
Goddam kids and their Sentence Factory or whatever the hell.

Assplant fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2009 around 13:53

DaJe
Feb 3, 2008

It's been a while, but I still have my name of SA-DaJe, so I'm in.

pee-chan
Apr 10, 2009

by Fistgrrl

mutantdog has entered the room.
boner99 has entered the room.
mutantdog: just a note to you all
SAsinistrality: that's not what i was told when i got in trouble earlier!
boner99 has left the room.
mutantdog: i will gladly make another adult room or SA room
mutantdog: but please do not disturb the nice folks rooms
Kabuu: whathappen
mutantdog: i know its no big deal and all, but i will just ban whoever does
mutantdog: okay?
waitwhat: alright
sa_volte has left the room.
mutantdog: should i make another room for you folks?
SALordNad: gay
Kabuu: lol way to go tards
boner99 has entered the room.
SA_Defenseless: sounds fair. who broke the rules?
Kabuu: how do you manage to piss off the site admin of a simple game
mutantdog: you are certainly welcome to play here if you can abide
SAPiell: another room would be good
mutantdog: do i have your help?
mutantdog: thanks...i can't add one until it empties for the night, but i will do that
SALordNad has left the room.
SAPiell: hey how the hell does the scoring work
mutantdog: in case you all invade at once again lol
SALordNad has entered the room.
SALordNad has left the room.
SA_Defenseless: thx mutantdog. sounds good.
SAPiell: like the guy that got 2 votes didnt win that last round
mutantdog: not all that well, sometimes
mutantdog: but what the heck, i try
mutantdog: anyways, i have cleanup to do...thanks for listening
mutantdog has left the room.

Way to go idiots.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

There was a similar Java game where you captioned pictures. What was it called?

ExtraFox
May 21, 2003

~all of these candy~

pee-chan posted:

Way to go idiots.

Jesus. Smart Patrol, want to add a disclaimer to the OP for the newcomers that we don't harass people outside of Somewhere Awful out of respect for the admin who graciously gave us our own space?

kicking rad
Oct 11, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

There was a similar Java game where you captioned pictures. What was it called?

Words That Follow

mckenna
Jan 19, 2005

I've done... questionable things

Wut up Supposing Awful?

Seyelence
Dec 17, 2007
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

mckenna posted:

Wut up Supposing Awful?

This needs to be the thread title.

Calmquake
Jul 6, 2007

HAY GUYS

PENIS GOES HONK HONK

I love this game.

vvv Sting is not sphincter.

Calmquake fucked around with this message at Jun 28, 2009 around 02:37

Twelve Beers
Nov 29, 2008

Calmquake posted:

PENIS GOES HONK HONK

I love this game.

I'm glad I made you laugh twice.

Also, gently caress Sting.

troubled teen
Aug 24, 2004

"troubled teen has done more in his life than I will ever dream."

Trying to play, but rooms are full. drat you newbies halting my return to babbling!

Beichan
Feb 17, 2007

pugs, pugs everywhere

Yeah, after playing this for a while my brain is a bit broken and words have stopped making very much sense. It's awesome, go play it.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

My name is Gato/I have metal joints/Beat me up/And earn fifteen silver points!

Argh I need to play but the room is full.

World Famous Whore
May 25, 2007

In Safety Study, Sheep
on Meth Are Shocked
With Tasers

Haven't played in awhile but in again as CharlieInBush2.

Phillip J. Fry
Feb 11, 2004

A day without sunshine is like, night.

In as SA_FRY.

this is very addicting

This is Unsavory
Feb 14, 2009

I'm SAthisunsavory. I've just spent the past two hours fueling my insomnia with this game. Totally worth it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoY
Jan 2, 2004
Spucking Fammer

This game is shockingly addictive

«61 »