Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Hey fellas, got a question I could use your help with!

I was having trouble getting my background page to cover the entire header/content/footer area using the usual means, and was told the solution would be to link the image directly by covering the entire content area. This sounds like a simple solution, but have ran into a rather perplexing hiccup. I've been trying to link this background image to my WordPress site via the CSS editor for the past half hour, and I just can't figure out why the image doesn't want to load.

This is my code that I have saved in my CSS style:

code:
#content {
	background-image: url('http://parrotine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Explore1.jpg'); 
	background-size: cover;
	}
but this is what it displays on my main page with all the committed changes to the code

http://parrotine.com/

Maybe someone can help explain just what i'm doing wrong here? It's the proper pathway to the image in my media library, so why is it not showing up?

Any help greatly appreciated!

White Light fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Huh, so it is! Well i'm not sure what the hangup was but at least it's displaying.

However, it doesn't seem to be covering the entire page size? I have the background set to cover, how come there are white spaces on the left and right sides?

here's the code affecting the general layout:

code:
#content {
	background-image: url('http://parrotine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Explore1.jpg');
	background-size: cover;
	}

#content form span { width: 100%; }
EDIT: Ah, it turns out one of the classes had been set to a max-width of 980px! Once I removed the rule it resized to the way it should :D

White Light fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 29, 2015

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Question time!

I'm trying to change the footer section of my page so that it doesn't show all the sub-menu items listed dont clutter/expand the bottom to outrageous lengths, but all the tutorials on how to edit it are based on the old template of Wordpress. The most recent version scrambles all the familiar locales to who knows where, to the point that I can't figure out where to go to select and edit what will and won't show up in my footer.

I used to be able to go Appearance -> Theme Options -> Menu, clicked the drop down menu within in order to change from Header to Footer menu and could edit what will be visible, but now that option seems to have disappeared! I'm guessing they just reorganized it to another section?

Can anyone offer some assistance? If I need to hide individual elements in a footer that's already been built, where do I go now to edit it?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Anyone know if there's a rock solid video tutorial for the Avada template?