Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DNQ
Sep 7, 2004

Let me hear you balalaika's ringing out, come and keep your comrade warm!
This is probably more of a Facebook question than a Wordpress question, but it's come up in the context of a Wordpress plugin so I will ask here. I have installed a plugin which allows site readers to "like" a page and it will be posted on their facebook page. The only problem is if you like my front-page (http://www.themasterplanblog.com), it shows up on Facebook as "Lithium Hosting - Account Setup" etc. Where is this drawn from? It's a FB thing, I know (it's literally the same as if I type the url in and his post - again it doesn't retrieve the site name properly). Any ideas? It's bugging me! Presumably it's a meta tag somewhere..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNQ
Sep 7, 2004

How can I avoid my Wordpress site constantly being attacked and laced with Malware?

My blog is at: http://themasterplanblog.com/

I am not really savvy enough to track it down on myself and fix it so usually it's by trial and error and takes me ages to suss out the problem, during which time my site is giving Google attack warnings for days. Then it usually happens again a few weeks later.

I'm aware of Google Webmaster Tools and what not but I'd like to know if there's an easier way to identify where the malware is.

DNQ
Sep 7, 2004

Thanks all.

I installed WordPress manually and have updated to 3.5 very recently.

Regarding the suggestion to remove the theme, is that due to any particular vulnerability around the theme I'm using, or just generic advice to remove malware?

DNQ
Sep 7, 2004

I'm at my wits end with Wordpress and getting constantly hacked - to the extent I'm starting to wonder I don't have the knowledge or skills to run this anymore.

I received some excellent advice a couple of pages ago for my blog (http://www.themasterplanblog.com/) and followed this advice. I've installed Wordfence and run scans, I've changed my admin passwords, deleted all plugins and superfluous themes (other than official current Wordpress theme), and yet I'm still constantly getting hacked/having problems.

Latest issue is all my formatting and fonts have disappeared. No matter which theme I use there are no fonts or formatting.

Wordfence and Sucuri are both giving me nothing - no idea what's gone wrong and/or how to fix it.. ideas welcome.

DNQ fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Feb 1, 2013

DNQ
Sep 7, 2004

Thanks guys - yes kedo it was .htaccess which kept getting over-written with re-directs all the time. What I've actually done now is delete wordpress (everything including the database etc) and then changed all my passwords (SQL, etc) and started to go through the tips in the link Adraeus posted.

So far so good which is a good sign as before it was literally happening every few hours. Some of the tips are a little beyond my technical capabilities/knowledge so I'm sure there'll be some security issues still but I'm hoping I've nailed the big ones.

My only issue now (unrelated to security) is all my images show up stretched and skinny on mobile devices. I've read I might need custom css upgrade but surely there's a way built in I can fix this? After all I am just using the basic Wordpress Twenty Twelve theme so I'm sure there's got to be a way to get around it.