Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I figure, since most everybody watches SmackDown! now, and not everybody reads spoilers, it would be easier to confine it all to a single thread. This way, there's no accidental mousing over spoilers (and somehow keeping it on long enough to read?), nobody messing up tags, nobody just blatantly posting them without thinking, etc, and with The Punk Promo(tm) being discussed for a couple pages, why not have a threadD?

I was thinking this would just be ECW/Superstars/Smackdown only, as TNA spoilers have no rules, and not enough people discuss the ROH shows to merit a thread for them. (dont worry TNA you can join too now)

If you have a problem, HulkaMatt, feel free to gas, this is purely experimental.

edit; I suppose this might turn into a WWE Discussion thread 2.0, I just thought people might want a separate place to discuss spoilers between Tuesday and Friday

yea ok fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Sep 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The promo that split Wrestlehut:

quote:

Are you happy Jeff? You come out earlier wearing an eye patch mocking me? I could have been seriously injured because of you! You see this right here? This is Dyhydroxy Sulfate -- I have to put it in my eye three times a day. It's the only foreign substance I'll allow in my body. Now Jeff, I know you know a lot about prescription medication but, see, to get this legally you have to get it from a doctor. If you want to be like me, with your little eyepatch, instead of doing that, why don't you try living a clean lifestyle, a straight edge lifestyle? Jeff, you have two strikes, do you know how many I have? ZERO. Do you know how many times I've been suspended Jeff? ZERO. Do you know how many times I've been to a rehab facility in my life? ZERO. Do you know what your chances are for beating me at Night of Champions Jeff? ZERO

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 3, 2009

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

If this is a spoiler thread I don't think you need to use spoiler tags.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Not sure why people think CM Punk is a tweener.

If you gently caress over Jeff Hardy, repeatedly, you're not a tweener.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Not sure why people think CM Punk is a tweener.

If you gently caress over Jeff Hardy, repeatedly, you're not a tweener.

but he didn't do it on purpose.

allegedly.

shades of gray, dude.

Some Cool Guy
May 14, 2007

by angerbotSD

grody but still def posted:

The promo that split Wrestlehut:

Please tell me he actually said this. I never believed he could pull his heel routine without getting shitcanned.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I dont think it split WH. I mean, as far as I can tell, only one person seemed negative about it.

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 4, 2009

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

grody but still def posted:

but he didn't do it on purpose.

allegedly.

shades of gray, dude.

You can't handle the truth!

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Christians in the dog box.

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.
Well, let's put this thread to good use!

WWE Monday Night Raw 7/6/09
From San Jose, California

"The Million Dollar" Ted DiBiase Sr. man came out with his Million Dollar Belt and with his son Ted Jr. and Cody Rhodes. Ted Sr. says that there won't be any tittle matches until the Night of Champions pay-per-view. He said that Cody and Ted will face Edge and Jerico at Night of Champions. Ted added that Cody would face Mark Henry, and Ted would face Randy Orton tonight. As the Million Dollar man walked out, Edge and Jericho came out and confronted Ted and Cody. There was a staredown. Carlito and Primo came out for another tag match!

1. Edge and Chris Jericho defeated Primo and Carlito to retain the Unified Tag Titles. There were some chants of "We just saw this." Edge won again via pinfall. Carlito looked frustrated and turned on Primo!

Backstage Ted and Cody were talking. Orton came in and they started going at it. Randy said there is no shame in losing to him. Ted got mad and he said he is going to beat Orton.

2. Gail Kim and Mickie James defeated Maryse and Alicia Fox. Gail Kim pinned Maryse.

Backstage, Cody was talking to The Million Dollar Man and tried to bribe
him. Ted got upset and started talking smack about Cody's father Dusty Rhodes and said he never liked him.

3. Mark Henry defeated Cody Rhodes via countout. Cody just walked out of the match for the finish.

4. Randy Orton defeated Ted DiBiase Jr. Orton clean with an RKO.

Backstage Triple H said his fight with Cena was going to be epic.

MVP came out next in his street clothes for the VIP Lounge. He spoke about the trade that took place last week involving his guest Jack Swager. A good segment with good trash talk, so I guess this was the start of their rivalry.

Backstage, Ted Jr. argued with his father and accused him of settng him up. Ted Jr. said it was still all about the Million Dollar Man. Ted Jr. slapped his father and stormed off.

5. Evan Bourne defeated Kofi Kingston. Boune won with the shooting star press. Afterward, Big Show came out and beat Kofi. Evan tried to help Kofi, but was beat up too.

Backstage, Cena talked about his fight against Triple H. He said Raw is WrestleMania tonight, and said that's he's gonna win.

6. Triple H and John Cena fought to a no-contest. A great, long match (I'm estimating 15 minutes). However, it ended in a no-contest because Ted and Cody interfered. Randy came out and said that since nobody won it meant there was no No. 1 contender for his title. However, the Million Dollar Man came out and announced there will be a a Triple Treat match between Orton, Hunter, and Cena at Night of Champions.

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.
WWE Friday Night Smackdown 7/10/09
From Bakersfield, CA

- They showed the end of the Hardy/Punk match at the Bash, and then Jeff came out to a huge pop with lots of little girls and kids going bonkers. He was sporting an eye patch when he came out. He cut a short promo about his eye injury being about as realistic as Punk's eye injury.

Kane beat Jeff Hardy in 7:00. Hardy began to comeback from the Kane beating when Punk's music hit and the Champ came out onto the stage. Hardy was distracted and was caught with a chokeslam.

Dolph Ziggler beat John Morrison in 8:00 in the surprise of the night (for me at least). Prior to the match, Morrison is shown backstage talking to Teddy Long about going kareoking with him in the future. Morrison reminded Long that he has challenged the winner of the Hardy-Punk match at Night of Champions for a title shot, which Long confirmed. Ziggler wins with a roll-up (pulling the tights) after a fantastic counter-sequence with Morrison. I think that Ziggler has some real, serious potential as a heel. People were all over him during his entrance and during the match. Morrison was pretty well liked by the crowd.

Melina & Eve Torres beat Women's champion Michelle McCool & Layla when Melina pinned Layla in about 5:00. Standard Divas tag match with a great pull-apart brawl between Melina and McCool at the end of the match, good heat for McCool in this segment. Lots of "Where's the Undertaker?" comments directed to McCool from my section.

Jeff Hardy comes out to commentate on the Punk-Khali match. Punk came out and gave the promo that many people have been waiting for from him. Here's my best recollection of it, said as Punk is in the ring looking at Hardy, who is sitting next to JR:

"Are you happy Jeff? You come out earlier wearing an eye patch mocking me? I could have been seriously injured because of you! You see this right here? This is Dyhydroxy Sulfate -- I have to put it in my eye three times a day. It's the only foreign substance I'll allow in my body. Now Jeff, I know you know a lot about prescription medication but, see, to get this legally you have to get it from a doctor. If you want to be like me, with your little eyepatch, instead of doing that, why don't you try living a clean lifestyle, a straight edge lifestyle? Jeff, you have two strikes, do you know how many I have? ZERO. Do you know how many times I've been suspended Jeff? ZERO. Do you know how many times I've been to a rehab facility in my life? ZERO. Do you know what your chances are for beating me at Night of Champions Jeff? ZERO"

World Hvt. champion C.M. Punk beat Khali by DQ when Kane interrupted with a chair and trades shots with Khali.

Hart Dynasty (Tyson Kidd & D.H. Smith) beat Cryme Time (Shad Gaspar & JTG) in 6:00 with a Hart-Attack/Total Elimination hybrid-type move (Kidd with the sweep, Smith with the clothesline). Hart Dynasty had good heel heat, can't wait to watch their development on Smackdown.

IC champion Rey Mysterio beat Chris Jericho in 15:00. Rey Mysterio got an insane pop, louder than the one's I've heard for Cena and Austin during previous visits to Bakersfield. Mysterio was clearly the star of the show and the one that the majority of the crowd was there to see. Great things in this match like you would suspect with these two. Chris Jericho is the best at what he does. Edge and Ziggler attacked Mysterio after the match to massive, massive heat.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Punk promo is decent, the crowd is pretty dead for it though

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

BUTTHOLE MAGICIAN posted:

Punk promo is decent, the crowd is pretty dead for it though

Dead as in stunned into silence by an immense promo?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

As in they don't give a poo poo

e; dolph owns

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

As in they don't give a poo poo

e; dolph owns

Were they hot for the Austin 3:16 promo though?

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

Veg posted:

Were they hot for the Austin 3:16 promo though?

Yes.

Jeff should stop talking and just jump off ladders during his promos. God he sucked. The crowd was lovely in general and didn't care about anything, Punk's promo was good though.

A BALLIN LUNCH!! fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 10, 2009

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Eh, if we're going to talk about the Promo everyone might aswell just watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7IQ0n0zOGY

Over like a wet fart is about right.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

blunt posted:

Eh, if we're going to talk about the Promo everyone might aswell just watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7IQ0n0zOGY

Over like a wet fart is about right.

Although as previously said, the crowd was dreadful. Even Mysterio/Jericho didn't get much heat and they always deliver.

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

The crowd was definitely one of the worst I've heard in a while, especially after you watch superstars and they cheer gimmick matches. Does anyone know where smackdown was taped?

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

A BALLIN LUNCH!! posted:

The crowd was definitely one of the worst I've heard in a while, especially after you watch superstars and they cheer gimmick matches. Does anyone know where smackdown was taped?

Bakersfield, CA - gently caress California.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I'm pretty happy that Kane is back and loving with people for no reason.

:pwn:

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
That Punk promo was pretty good.

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
* Prior to this week’s SmackDown, a promo was taped with Rey Mysterio & Dolph Ziggler. Rey talks about Ziggler’s attack last week. Ziggler comes out and interrupts. Mysterio challenges him. Ziggler wants the match at Night of Champions for the Intercontinental Championship. Rey accepts. They brawl until finally Ziggler retreats. The crew prepares for SmackDown.

* SmackDown opens with Jeff Hardy coming to the ring to address CM Punk’s comments he made last week. Hardy claims that he’ll win at Night of Champions. CM Punk comes out and interrupts. He calls Jeff a joke and asks him how many test and classes he failed in school. Jeff attacks Punk after he claims all of Jeff’s fans will become a statistic.

* John Morrison b. CM Punk
- Before the match a recap aired showing Punk’s loss to Morrison last month. The match was pretty much back and forth throughout. Both men counter finishers. Morrison gets the win with the rollup. After the match, Punk refuses a friendly handshake.

* Layla comes out in a Miami Heat Jersey and dances for the local fans. She is interrupted by Ricky Ortiz who cuts an anti-heat promo. He gives Layla a towel and she drops it.

* Kane b. R-Truth
- Truth jumps off the top rope and catches a boot to the face. Kane win. After the match, Great Khali comes out. R-Truth hits the top rope dropkick. Kane flees through the crowd.

* The Hart Dynasty b. Cryme Tyme & Eve Torres in a Mixed Tag Team Match
- The Hart Dynasty gets the win when Natalya gets the pin on Eve.

* Edge is interviewed on the screen. He says he’ll do everything to get back in the ring. Chris Jericho interrupts the interview and calls Edge pathetic. He says he’ll find a new partner for Night of Champion and will continue to reign. Jericho then refers to Edge as injury prone. The crowd is behind Edge.

* Rey Mysterio & Jeff Hardy b. Chris Jericho & Dolph Ziggler via disqualification.
- CM Punk is out to commentate. Jeff tries to throw Jericho into Punk. Punk tosses Jericho to Jeff. The referee calls for the bell. Ziggler lays the referee out on the outside. Jeff gets the Codebreaker. Punk walks to the back as Jeff is in Wall of Jericho. Jericho & Ziggler raise their hands as they exit.

PeteRoseHaircut fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 15, 2009

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
What's funny about the Edge promo is that when he was onscreen people kept making GBS threads on him and cheered when he said he might not ever return. Some dude even tried to start a Nah Nah Nah Nah sing a long. Then Jericho came out and singlehandedly got the crowd behind Edge. So when Edge said he was going to come back and prove everyone wrong the crowd cheered him on.

Punk's promo this week was better than last week's.

"You say you haven't been suspended in a year? That's not an accomplishment."

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Sounds like a pretty good show, but has Punk won a single match as champ? Holy poo poo

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Sounds like a pretty good show, but has Punk won a single match as champ? Holy poo poo
i think his last win was against rey a few weeks ago.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

He also won that triple threat match against Hardy and Edge.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
How was the Miami Smackdown taping for those that went? I thought about going but ended up spending the money on something else. Was the crowd into it like the Raw crowd in Orlando?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

The crowd was really into it at the beginning for ECW but sort of tapered off at the Sheamus match. Anytime Jeff Hardy or Rey was on screen there was a lot of noise. Dolph got really good heat and so did Punk. But it wasn't as good as last night's crowd. But the tapings are four hours long so it does wear you out after a while.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
The crowd wasn't as hot as Orlando. But it was a pretty good crowd, lots of kids. Very pro Jeff Hardy and Rey. Both of the Hart Dynasty/Cryme Time matches were pretty good, Natalya threw a pretty good Roaring Elbow. The four hours kinda drain you, I skipped out before the dark Cage Match.

I liked Punk's promo more than last week, I wonder if we are ever going to get the "I'm alcohol free, I'm drug free and I'm better than you" line out of him.

eXistence
Jul 23, 2007

We Are One.
Face Edge... not sure how I feel about this.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

eXistence posted:

Give it 6 months, you wont remember. More importantly, the writers wont remember.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Tsurgeon posted:

Give it 6 months, you wont remember. More importantly, the writers wont remember.

But Edge will remember and he will prove us all wrong.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

eXistence posted:

I think fans have hated Jericho more than they've hated Edge for quite a while now, and it seems like they're already going to try and build towards a comeback feud with him. I know people poo poo on creative a lot, I've been guilty of it too, but they get it right a lot of the time, especially on Smackdown

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

eXistence posted:

I think I'm the only person who liked Edge as a face.

Yes, I was an Edgehead. I legit loved it when he and Hogan were a team. That really was watching a boyhood dream come true. He was having the time of his life, and I was happy for him (just wish they put them against better teams).

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
WrestleZone wrote:

quote:

Several WZ readers have sent in emails saying that the graphic of the Chris Jericho and a mystery partner vs Legacy match which is taking place at Night of Champions looks very similar to one from last year. If you recall, this same match type was run at last year's Night of Champions PPV in which then Tag Champs Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes took on Ted DiBiase, Jr and a partner of his choosing. It was at this event that Rhodes turned on Holly and both him and DiBiase became the new tag champs. In the graphic on WWE.com which we have shown below promoting The Legacy bout at this year's Night of Champions PPV, it should be noted that the graphic of Jericho's mystery opponent is simply Ted DiBiase's inverted silhouette, leading many to speculate that DiBiase may in fact be Jericho's partner at the event.

They might be doing this angle again? Why would they turn DiBiase face by aligning him with Y2Chris?

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 15, 2009

Deranged Hermit
Nov 10, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump
They had to get a new "mystery opponent" silhouette because Hardcore Holly's been future endeavored.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Deranged Hermit posted:

They had to get a new "mystery opponent" silhouette because Hardcore Holly's been future endeavored.

Kennedy was the last generic silhouette

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Batmanuel posted:

Kennedy was the last generic silhouette

I hope HHH will be a generic silhouette :hehe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deranged Hermit
Nov 10, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump
They should really use Kane as the silhouette though.

• Locked thread