Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

BUTTHOLE MAGICIAN posted:

- They did an Abraham Washington segment with Shelton Benjamin and Zach Ryder and they got into a brawl.
Who exactly is the face supposed to be here? I mean I know who I'll be rooting for, but neither seems very likable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Who exactly is the face supposed to be here? I mean I know who I'll be rooting for, but neither seems very likable.

Shelton is so bland his spots can make him face so I'm going with Shelton.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

KungFu Grip posted:

Shelton is so bland his spots can make him face so I'm going with Shelton.

It's being taped at Nassau Coliseum so it's probably Zack Ryder as the face.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

prowrestling.net posted:

No opening pyro. The Abraham Washington Show opened the show. Corny jokes from Abe. Out came Zach Ryder to a smark pop. Ryder played to his hometown crowd and was hilarious. Out came Shelton Benjamin, who went on a PG-rated tirade by saying smurf instead of f---. At this point, the crowd was chanting "this is stupid." Washington asked them to each sing a song. They sang some Hootie and the Blowfish song. Ryder attacked Shelton. Shelton was trying to be a babface, but the crowd crapped all over his singing.

Smurf?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Smurf?

Robot Chicken joke that I can remember. I think they did it on the actual show too.

Here's what Urban Dictionary tells us:

Smurf:
A Hilarious Substitute for a curse word
Smurf 1: Did you have a good time with smurfette last night?
Smurf 2: right as we got out of the bar she started smurfin me.
Smurf 1: get the smurf out! right in the smurfin parkin lot?
Smurf 2: smurf yea.
Smurf 1: that is smurfing great.
smurf 2: You know it!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

in progress

*Smackdown opens with video on Morrison vs. Hardy.

SmackDown Opener:

*CM Punk comes out and says he will stay the course and teach the fans the difference between right and wrong, even if so far all his work just seems to make the fans love Jeff Hardy more. He said that this is just another obstacle in his life that he will overcome. They showed Punk's attack on Hardy last week. He said the fans love Hardy because he is just like them and none of them have the strength to be straightedge. He said none of them can be strong like him. Punk said they can boo him but the truth sometimes hurts and he will continue to tell it. The crowd was all over Punk. He accused the crowd of gobbling prescription medicine like Pez. He went on and on about all the vices people have that he doesn't do...smoking, marijuana, alcohol. He told the fans that they need a straight World champion...they need CM Punk.

World Title
-Jeff Hardy (c) vs. CM Punk

*World title CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy. Hardy attacked Punk before the bell. Officials pulled them apart. Out came Vince McMahon, who ripped on Teddy Long for not keeping control. He demanded everyone return to the back and said that since Long couldn't control them, Vince will appoint a guest enforcer to maintain control....and he'll make everyone wait and find out. Punk and Hardy began brawling again.

John Morrison vs. Tyson Kidd

*In a really good match, John Morrison pinned Tyson Kidd after a split legged twisting press. Morrison slipped on a springboard kick so expect that to be edited out as he did the move a second time. Really good back and forth match with lots of near falls, highspots and some stiff kicks.

*Punk vs. Hardy with mystery enforcer is still on for later.

-*By the way, The crowd was really into Morrison as a babyface.

*Slam Master J defeated Charlie Haas with a top rope splash. J wasn't over with the crowd live.

*R-Truth vs. Mike Knox vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Finlay for WWE Intercontinental championship shot at Summerslam. Rey Mysterio does commentary at ringside. Lots of fast action. Truth does dive over top on Knox. Finlay goes for Emerald Frosion on Ziggler but Knox hits boot to face. Killings hits lariat off ropes for 2. Ziggler tosses Killings out of ring. Finlay cracks Knox with shillelagh. Ziggler nails Finlay with finisher and scores pin.
*Backstage, Maria and Melina talked about Maria's relationship with Dolph. Melina said she was happy for Maria but she hears bad things about Ziggler in the locker room. Maria says the Dolph in the ring isn't how he is outside of it and he treats her good. Melina said she was happy for her but to be careful.

*Chris Jericho vs. JTG. Solid back and forth match. Jericho nailed the Codebreaker on JTG but his arm and leg were under the bottom rope so ref wouldn't count. Jericho jawed with the ref and Shad Gaspard, then pulled JTG to the center. He went to pick up JTG but was pulled into an inside cradle and pinned. Big reaction for Cryme Time since they are from Brooklyn

*Great Khali destroyed Ricky Ortiz. Kane came out from under ring and tossed Khali out of the ring, then went after Runjin Singh and dragged him through the crowd out of the Arena. Khali slowly followed through the crowd 2 minutes later, possibly after a commercial break I'm guessing.

*Matt Hardy is introduced as the special enforcer for the World title match.

*Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk. Jeff gets in Matt's face but Matt won't even look him in the eye, glaring away. Hardy is outside of ring enforcer. They went back and forth with a solid bout. Hardy went to the top but Punk cut him off. Punk nailed a superplex off the top for a two count. Punk nailed a martial arts combination and went for GTS but Hardy avoided. Punk rolled up Hardy but was kicked out of the ring. Hardy did a dive out onto Punk. The Hardys faced off outside. Punk hit a sliding kick but Jeff moved and Matt got hit. Jeff took Punk down and went for the Swanton. Punk got his knees up and went for the pin but at 2, Matt pulled the referee out of the ring. Punk began screaming at Matt but Jeff rolled him up from behind and Matt counted a fast three. A shocked Punk attacked Jeff and beat his head into the announcing table, then beat him with a chair. He stuck Hardys head in a chair and ran him into the ringpost.

Teddy Long came out and asked Punk if he was proud of himself and Punk said he was because Matt Hardy screwed him. Punk said he was and he wanted his rematch. Long said if Hardy can defend the title by Summerslam, Punk will get it...in a TLC match. Punk was pissed about the stipulation.

Hardy was stretchered out.

yea ok fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 5, 2009

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Why do I feel like Vince is going to screw Jeff out of the title as the enforcer so Punk wins?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Smackdown owns and you've only posted three matches and the opening segment.

KungFu Grip posted:

Why do I feel like Vince is going to screw Jeff out of the title as the enforcer so Punk wins?

I am 100% down with this

KarmaticStylee
Apr 21, 2007

Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle!

KungFu Grip posted:

I am so optimistic that this will happen. Please happen.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

KungFu Grip posted:

Dear god, make this happen.

Cav
Jun 7, 2002

I'm a (3 star) Highway Star.
It's even more awesome than Vince.

He can slap a tornado! :dance:

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Cav posted:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Cav posted:

Is he the ref? I wonder if he can slap a 3 count.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Just reading those words makes me forget I watched wrestling last night.

Cav
Jun 7, 2002

I'm a (3 star) Highway Star.

quote:

Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk. Jeff gets in Matt's face but Matt won't even look him in the eye, glaring away. Hardy is outside of ring enforcer. They went back and forth with a solid bout. Hardy went to the top but Punk cut him off. Punk nailed a superplex off the top for a two count. Punk nailed a martial arts combination and went for GTS but Hardy avoided. Punk rolled up Hardy but was kicked out of the ring. Hardy did a dive out onto Punk. The Hardys faced off outside. Punk hit a sliding kick but Jeff moved and Matt got hit. Jeff took Punk down and went for the Swanton. Punk got his knees up and went for the pin but at 2, Matt pulled the referee out of the ring. Punk began screaming at Matt but Jeff rolled him up from behind and Matt counted a fast three. A shocked Punk attacked Jeff and beat his head into the announcing table, then beat him with a chair. He stuck Hardys head in a chair and ran him into the ringpost.

Teddy Long came out and asked Punk if he was proud of himself and Punk said he was because Matt Hardy screwed him. Punk said he was and he wanted his rematch. Long said if Hardy can defend the title by Summerslam, Punk will get it...in a TLC match. Punk was pissed about the stipulation.

Hardy was stretchered out.

Can't wait to see this on Friday.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Batmanuel posted:

Just reading those words makes me forget I watched wrestling last night.

Friday nights are truly WRESTLING

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Cav posted:

Can't wait to see this on Friday.

Goddamnit, I wanted a super:smug: Matt/Punk team

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
So, no Morrison triple threat match?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Holy gently caress. Saying it now: this is how you sell me on SummerSlam.

Can't wait until friday.

eXistence
Jul 23, 2007

We Are One.
So wait, Matt fast counts for Jeff? Is Matt a loving babyface again?

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

eXistence posted:

That's what he wants Jeff to think :hehe:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

eXistence posted:

Just hates Punk.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Punk/Jeff TLC Match woo :neckbeard:

eXistence
Jul 23, 2007

We Are One.

KungFu Grip posted:

Just hates Punk.

I sure hope so, because face Matt sucks

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

eXistence posted:

Face Matt is much better in the ring though.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

It'd be easier and make more sense for Matt to pull the "lone wolf" angle and say he hates his brother, but he hates when people get in his face, too.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

nyratk1 posted:

Well, to be fair, Heel Matt's guts were exploding out of his intestines and he had a broken hand.

eXistence
Jul 23, 2007

We Are One.

nyratk1 posted:

Cause he doesn't have a broken wrist!

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh good, I thought they forgot about the Teddy Long probation storyline. I still wonder what the outcome of this is going to be.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Sounds like a great show.

MATT HARDY :woop:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hardy/Punk TLC is gonna be awesome.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
How can you GTS someone through a table, though

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

eXistence posted:

Also, Matt's face sucks.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

My guess is to have Matt built as the defender of Jeff's honor and if Jeff loses at Summerslam and really is leaving, you have a babyface who is siphoning off the heat from Jeff (Kind of like Rey after Eddie died) to be built as a contender to Punk. If he's not leaving, well it's another face in the midcard which is never a bad thing on SmackDown.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Matlock posted:

How can you GTS someone through a table, though

Both at the top of the ladder, Punk gives Hardy a GTS off the ladder, Hardy falls through 1-2 tables. Kinda like the FU Cena gave Edge in Toronto way back in their TLC match.

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

Morrison/Kidd sounds fun, their Superstars match last week was good, but still, it just doesn't seem they know what to do with Morrison, unless he's just in a holding pattern until Hardy decides what he's going to do. Good to read he got a nice face reaction though, he's gonna need it if they're ever gonna stick him in the main event (even though I still miss him as a heel).

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
There's nothing wrong with Morrison doing nothing for now. You can't expect any serious immediate payoff, especially since he got what he wanted (a shot at the winner of Punk/Hardy) and Punk still had his rematch coming.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Yellowjacket Hawky posted:

There's nothing wrong with Morrison doing nothing for now. You can't expect any serious immediate payoff, especially since he got what he wanted (a shot at the winner of Punk/Hardy) and Punk still had his rematch coming.

It's not that I think he should be in the title scene NOW, it's just that I think he should have a feud beyond "having a good match" so he can build his character.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Morrison doesn't need elevation right away, I think he just needs to be in the oven for a while longer before he's ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

It's not that I think he should be in the title scene NOW, it's just that I think he should have a feud beyond "having a good match" so he can build his character.

He's at this stage where he's one huge moment or one hot feud from the top of the card. It's a shame Jericho's involved in the tag scene right now, because a feud between those two would be awesome. It'd give the fans a reason to cheer Morrison just because they hate Jericho so goddamn much :argh: Plus, working of someone with so much experience couldn't hurt.

• Locked thread