Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Sugar Blaster posted:

Punk busts out "straight edge means I'm better than you" this week.

yessssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
At least smackdown still understands a go-home show :)

also has anyone found more detailed SD spoilers yet?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
From 411:

quote:

Dark Match:
Jimmy Wang Yang pinned Alex Riley who cut an extremely scripted/phony promo before hand and was wearing a High School letter jacket with no sleeves.

Superstars:
1) Shelton Benjamin pinned Tyler Reks with a kick to the head that missed by literally a foot, followed by the paydirt.

2) R-Truth pinned Charlie Hass who was wearing new gear - long black tights with a steer skull on the side and kickpads (?).

Smackdown:
1) Mysterio and Cryme Tyme vs. Jericho, Show, and Ziggler. Dolph gets the pin on Rey following a hot sequence including a knockout punch from the Big Show on Rey.

Sit down interview with Matt Hardy with Josh Matthews. He apologizes for everything and Jeff accepted. A lot shorter then I expected.

Kane comes out to cut a promo, Khali interrupts, swats away the chair and lays the boots to Kane before he escapes up the aisle way.

2) Knox vs. Finlay. Knox had one of those inset promos during his entrance. Couldn't hear it, but Knox was wearing glasses and had his beard braided up for the promo. Finlay wins by DQ when Knox doesn't break a 5. Afterward Knox destroys Finlay with the ring steps.

Hardy promo. They bring out a bunch of ladders, tables and chairs around ringside and the ramp. Hardy says he was advised by doctors to retire. Though he never listened before and he isn't starting now. Punk interrupts and says Summerslam will be Hardy's last match. Punk goes to pull Hardy off of the ladder, but Jeff lands on his feet and gives Punk the twist of fate. As he was giving him the twist of fate, the ladder accidentally tipped over towards both men and hit Hardy's unprotected head while he was in mid-air.

3) Maria and Melina vs. Layla and Natalya. Melina pins Natalya. I sorta zoned out during this one and I don't think Layla or Maria ever even entered the match. Melina knocked over Michelle McCool who was doing commentary at ringside in the middle of the match.

Mysterio backstage promo.

4) Main event: Hardys/John Morrison vs. CM Punk/Hart Dynasty. During Morrison's entrance, the stagehand knocked over both fans that blow Morrison's hair, which was a funny moment and made Morrison laugh. Hardys come out together with their old music for their entrance. Matt pins CM Punk with a twist of fate. Hot finish. In the middle of the match, about 8-10 venders hit the floor with Jeff Hardy Armbands for $20 a pop, and it completely distracted many kids bugging the parents to buy them (which many did, they're making a killing on what essentially is torn-up panty hose). Punk and the Hart Dynasty colored coordinated and all wore black and pink. Matt had new purple tights. The faces celebrated to close the show.

Dark match:
Hardy pinned CM Punk in a steel cage match with the twist of fate. After the match CM Punk layed still in the middle of the ring for nearly 20 minutes before security started clearing people out and the ring crew was breaking down the ring around him. I think he was ribbing the referee who had to kneel beside him the entire time. After a while the referee pretended to do CPR and Punk no-sold it.

I can't wait guys.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Batmanuel posted:

From 411:

Thanks. Both tags sound awesome, and way to try to concuss yourself before summerslam hardy.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The show was awesome. Punks promo on Hardy was amazing. The best part was the 3 guys all holding beers behind me cheering for Punk.

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

Batmanuel posted:

From 411:

During Morrison's entrance, the stagehand knocked over both fans that blow Morrison's hair, which was a funny moment and made Morrison laugh.

for some reason i really hope they show this

Generic CAW
Aug 11, 2007

BLANDTASTIC!

Batmanuel posted:

From 411:

quote:

After the match CM Punk layed still in the middle of the ring for nearly 20 minutes before security started clearing people out and the ring crew was breaking down the ring around him. I think he was ribbing the referee who had to kneel beside him the entire time. After a while the referee pretended to do CPR and Punk no-sold it.

I can't wait guys.

Hahaha, I wish I was there to see that.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

The best part was the 3 guys all holding beers behind me cheering for Punk.

Wow, what hypocrites

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I dont get Mike Knox. He has this program with Rey, and it goes nowhere. Then he disappears for a while, and now he shows up and looks like he is kicking Finlay's rear end each week. Its like creative goes hot and cold with him.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DM Punk posted:

I dont get Mike Knox. He has this program with Rey, and it goes nowhere. Then he disappears for a while, and now he shows up and looks like he is kicking Finlay's rear end each week. Its like creative goes hot and cold with him.

Remember he was still doing a "I hate little guys" gimmick and then he almost killed Noble. I still think Knox has Bourne's trophy for the Best Move of 2008: SSP.

sexy_trash
Jul 4, 2008

WH2K IS JERICHO

Arnold Layne posted:

for some reason i really hope they show this

you can see him laugh and point at it, it's pretty good.

The Hardys are announced as the hardys, but their name key reads the Hardy Boyz.. THE Z IS BACK BABY!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

quote:

Quick WWE Superstars results from Phoenix, Arizona:

*Paul Burchill defeated The Hurricane.

*Dolph Ziggler defeated Finlay & Mike Knox. Dolph will face Rey at Breaking Point for the IC title.

Ring crew is getting ready for Smackdown

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

okay spoilers are really really weird right now but here's what i've found so far:

main event is punk vs. hardy in a "loser leaves WWE" match with the winner taking on THE UNDATAKA in a submissions match at breaking point

quote:

C.M. Punk was introduced as the new World Hvt. Champion. Highlights of his SummerSlam match with Jeff hardy aired. Huge heat for Punk. Did you know Punk doesn't take anything for pain? Highlights aired of Undertaker's return at SummerSlam.

Jeff Hardy came out selling injuries to a monster pop. Punk brings up loser leaves WWE. Here we go. Hardy accepted the stipulation for tonight's main event.

Smackdown general manager Teddy Long made the match official. He also announced that the winner of the Punk vs. Hardy match would be challenged by Undertaker in a submissions match at the Breaking Point pay-per-view.

*Matt Hardy & John Morrison defeated The Hart Dynasty.

*Drew McIntyre vs. R-Truth never happened as Drew attacked before the bell, got on the mic & left.

yea ok fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Aug 26, 2009

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Hooray!!!

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Punk/Taker in a SUBMISSIONS MATCH should be excellent as Taker is a MMA nut and Punk has worked a Japanese style before that could work well in this situation.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Finally the debut of Drew McIntyre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrueDNAefjo

's music!

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Matlock posted:

Punk/Taker in a SUBMISSIONS MATCH should be excellent as Taker is a MMA nut and Punk has worked a Japanese style before that could work well in this situation.

I agree. But my one concern is, I can't see Undertaker tapping out to CM Punk. I have no real problem with Taker as champion, but I'm not a fan of this "hot potatoing" of the world title.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Carney posted:

I agree. But my one concern is, I can't see Undertaker tapping out to CM Punk. I have no real problem with Taker as champion, but I'm not a fan of this "hot potatoing" of the world title.

Punk could always knock him out, which counts. If the only way to win is by submission, does that make all these matches no DQ?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

El Generico posted:

Punk could always knock him out, which counts. If the only way to win is by submission, does that make all these matches no DQ?
I would assume they are No DQ. I don't see Punk going over Taker without shenanigans.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'm thinking there'll have to be some sort of screwjob finish leading to a Hell in the Cell match in October, where Undertaker will probably get screwed again by some big guy he can have a feud culmination in a casket match with. It's like I've seen this done before....

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Full spoilers:

quote:

C.M. Punk was introduced as the new World Hvt. Champion. Highlights of his SummerSlam match with Jeff hardy aired. Huge heat for Punk. Did you know Punk doesn't take anything for pain? Highlights aired of Undertaker's return at SummerSlam.

Jeff Hardy came out selling injuries to a monster pop. Punk brings up loser leaves WWE. Here we go. Hardy accepted the stipulation for tonight's main event.

Smackdown general manager Teddy Long made the match official. He also announced that the winner of the Punk vs. Hardy match would be challenged by Undertaker in a submissions match at the Breaking Point pay-per-view.

*Matt Hardy & John Morrison defeated The Hart Dynasty.

*Drew McIntyre vs. R-Truth never happened as Drew attacked before the bell, got on the mic & left.

* Maria and Melina were shown backstage. Maria wants people to be happy for her and Dolph. Melina said she saw Dolph with another woman. Dolph claimed the woman was his sister.

* Melina pinned Layla. Michelle McCool came out on crutches and sat in on commentary. Melina ended up pushing McCool over.

* Josh Matthews came out and interviewed Mike Knox. It was a quiet interview until Finlay attacked.

* Big Show and Chris Jericho defeated Cryme Tyme. This started as a singles match, but Long turned it into a tag match.

* Rey Mysterio defeated Kane by DQ. Kane was DQ'd for ramming Rey into the ring post. Great Khali came out and brawled with Kane. Khali tossed Kane out. Dolph came out and laid out Rey, which scored amazing heat.

* CM Punk defeated Jeff Hardy in a steel cage, loser leaves WWE match to retain the World Hvt. Championship. Amazing match. Hardy delivered a great speech afterward.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Smackdown: Simply the best.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
Not the biggest Jeff fan, but it's nice they at least let him say goodbye to his fans.

Sounds like another great show.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

cams posted:

I would assume they are No DQ. I don't see Punk going over Taker without shenanigans.

Shenanigans? In an all submission PPV? In Montreal? NO loving WAY!

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

Shenanigans? In an all submission PPV? In Montreal? NO loving WAY!

Worlds biggest :iamafag: incoming

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I predict absolutely zero shenanigans will come into play at the Montreal Submission PPV.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
From some guy at the Wrestlecrap forums:

quote:

Oh well....BUT, after the show was over...Jeff cut a speech in the ring, thanking the fans. Then he went around ringside, slapping hands & whatnot.

When he got to the top of the ramp, CM Punk attacked him from behind, nailing him with the belt. Then he got in the face of a fan who was crying over Jeff's farewell & mocked her by rubbing his eyes like he was crying. He then went & did it to another girl ringside & she flipped him off while she was bawling.

He then went in the ring to cut a promo when the *gong* hit, the lights went dark, & the smoke started to rise. Undertaker walked to the ring, CM Punk started backing off, then attacked Undertaker. Undertaker got the upperhand & laid out Punk, posed with the belt & did his tongue thing, then left. It was a pretty cool segment.

Punk is awesome

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

From some guy at the Wrestlecrap forums:

quote:

When he got to the top of the ramp, CM Punk attacked him from behind, nailing him with the belt. Then he got in the face of a fan who was crying over Jeff's farewell & mocked her by rubbing his eyes like he was crying. He then went & did it to another girl ringside & she flipped him off while she was bawling.
Punk is awesome

This is almost "Bitch, I don't even have a microphone" good.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

nyratk1 posted:

quote:

Punk is awesome

I just hope the guy's wrong and it isn't a post-show thing. From the spoilers posted, it doesn't seem that way. I want to see more Punk douche-baggery.

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
Hot Justice just sounds better
Yes! That needs to make it to broadcast! WWE, if you want Punk to have NUCLEAR HEAT please air that segment! Also, Undertaker! What a great time to be a wrestling fan. No! What a great time to be a Smackdown fan!

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

I just hope the guy's wrong and it isn't a post-show thing. From the spoilers posted, it doesn't seem that way. I want to see more Punk douche-baggery.
[/quote]I will be disappointed if they doesn't make it on TV. :(

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Josh Matthews came out and interviewed Mike Knox. It was a quiet interview until Finlay attacked.

I love the way this is written.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stFpL9ykudg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvbRYCvxpC4

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Save Russian Jews posted:

I love the way this is written.

Bears are generally docile unless they feel threatened.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Well if they don't air Punk attacking Hardy after his speech than does that mean Punk is in the doghouse? :ohdear:

Spurite Based
Jan 18, 2005

It'd be a real shame if they didn't air Punk mocking the crying fans, because it was my favorite part of the show. And it was a hell of a show.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W65az42vjQ

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The WWE logo is still in the corner so maybe it's gonna be aired

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

BUTTHOLE MAGICIAN posted:

Well it looks like we know who the next champ is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
drat, they didn't show it. The final shot of SD was Punk laying out Jeff and holding up the belt.

• Locked thread