Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«252 »
RedContraGuy
Oct 30, 2008

I always played as red because he had a bigger package.

Has anyone dealt with Airsoft-Club.com? It's the only place besides eBay where I can find this particular battery (or a similar one) at this good of a price:

http://airsoft-club.com/shop/batter...mer-battery-12c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Game Artist, Airsofter, Pepsi Max addict, not good with computers.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What sort of ranges would that offset dot be useful at, once your hop-up is set? Seems like the hop-up would make that offset dot pretty much unusable.
drat near point blank I guess. If they're far enough away for the hop to matter then I could spare an extra second to line up the scope.

Whenever I rolled my old ACOG, not being able to point and shoot as quick really hurt, but then if I just rolled a red dot or irons, I hated not being able to see where my longer shots (by airsoft standards) were ending up, I am terribly short-sighted so I use scopes for firing then adjusting.

RedContraGuy posted:

Has anyone dealt with Airsoft-Club.com? It's the only place besides eBay where I can find this particular battery (or a similar one) at this good of a price:

http://airsoft-club.com/shop/batter...mer-battery-12c

It's my main go-to for hong kong stuff. I've had plenty of orders from there and they've all been good. Takes about two weeks like any HK shop but still, its good and cheap.

EDIT: Motherfuckers, I don't get paid til monday, FAL will have to wait.

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2012 around 23:06

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy.

Can you guys recommend me a good G36 sling? Probably 2 point?

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.

Elendil004 posted:

A great two-point rifle sling for your G36 would be the Viking Tactics Wide Padded Sling - http://vikingtactics.com/slings_wide.html

Since you're rocking a G36 (I'm assuming with folding stock), I'd recommend a one-point sling. The cheap Airsoft bungee ones will do the trick. They cost about $20.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Valyrian, motherfucker! Do you speak it?!

^^^I also have a few bungee single point slings. I'd recommend using that as well.

Elendil004 posted:

I use this for my G36C and M4: http://airsoft-club.com/shop/tactic...fle-sling-black

Hardly ever use it in two-point though.

RedContraGuy
Oct 30, 2008

I was looking at this sling myself:

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/ICS_3..._shopping_feeds

just because it's inexpensive and can be configured in a lotta ways. I mostly like the idea of being able to keep it snug to the chest.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Valyrian, motherfucker! Do you speak it?!

RedContraGuy posted:

I was looking at this sling myself:

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/ICS_3..._shopping_feeds

just because it's inexpensive and can be configured in a lotta ways.

Just get a single point bungee sling off ebay or Amazon. Like, $11-$12 shipped. Or a magpul MS2 style sling if you can find one. It's all you need really, and the most comfortable in my opinion.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

teagone posted:

I use this for my G36C and M4: http://airsoft-club.com/shop/tactic...fle-sling-black

Hardly ever use it in two-point though.
This is best, for any gun. Not that expensive either.

Otherwise I'd just get a 1-point sling. If you can't convert it to 1-point like the above, 2-points are too much hassle.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at Feb 25, 2012 around 00:16

RedContraGuy
Oct 30, 2008

I found an MS2 that's still reasonable. Even if it's a clone, eh.

http://combatgearing.com/ms2-multi-...ack-p-5689.html

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

RedContraGuy posted:

I found an MS2 that's still reasonable. Even if it's a clone, eh.

http://combatgearing.com/ms2-multi-...ack-p-5689.html
The clones are pretty good as far as I can tell. Mine's held up fine.

Make sure you get the RSA rail mount as well if you don't have 2 points to attach a sling to.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy.

I have a 1 point bungee for my AR that I guess I can try and see how I like it.

Forti
May 5, 2009

I'm getting one of these, it can hold the ridiculous weight of my mp5 so it passes the test.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/weekend-wa...ing-p-4946.html

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

...identity dicks?

What's the best way to wear a G36 on a 1 point sling? Preferably a picture, if you don't mind? I've been wrangling with this all day. Got a hybrid 2/1, right now I'm wearing it as a 2pt and kind of doing a systema 'toss' of it over my shoulder. Except totally akward and not at all tactical.

INTERNETRACECAR
May 25, 2005
Rabbit Injected!

i heard this was the thread to post lovely cellphone pics of g36s so here i go

STALKER as gently caress with a short barrel and long handguard

some people think one IR illuminator is enough, but i disagree, four is a much nicer number

and for aliginge, as promised, even though these are the worst pictures

i have the carbine plastic handguards for this, too, the rails look boss but they are heavy

ballin'.

MasonF
Aug 22, 2005

these bitches r kicking me?wow wook wookfuk u

INTERNETRACECAR posted:

ballin'.
My God. That magazine looks huge. Sexy though.

I think I'm going to turn my TM G36C into an MG36. It's due for a makeover.

On the topic of slings, I've been using the Mission Spec Irene Adaptive Sling. It allows you to use it as a 1 point, and then switch to a 2 point if you need to put it on your back. Very handy.

And since we're posting more pictures...I wanted to see what they all looked like together. Not pictured: KJW P226. It's at the plating place getting nickel plated.
From left to right: CA AUG, G&G M4, lovely MP5 I loan people, TM G36C, A&K LR-300, KWC Desert Eagle, lovely $10 spring shotgun I loan to people, ICS Sig 552, KWA KMP9R, WA Infinity, KWA MP7A1, KJW M9 x2.

MasonF fucked around with this message at Feb 25, 2012 around 04:47

yellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

gawtchyo dawda n err'fin

MasonF posted:

On the topic of slings, I've been using the Mission Spec Irene Adaptive Sling. It allows you to use it as a 1 point, and then switch to a 2 point if you need to put it on your back. Very handy.

I have one too and I love how well you can cinch it up when slung behind you but the fabric is so god drat rough on the neck, I went back to ms3.

MasonF
Aug 22, 2005

these bitches r kicking me?wow wook wookfuk u

yellowjournalism posted:

I have one too and I love how well you can cinch it up when slung behind you but the fabric is so god drat rough on the neck, I went back to ms3.
Just wear a tactical turtleneck.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

INTERNETRACECAR posted:

and for aliginge, as promised, even though these are the worst pictures

oh god drat it. i want it to be monday so i can start ordering mine already

Forti
May 5, 2009

MasonF posted:

Just wear a tactical turtleneck.

A tactalneck

RedContraGuy
Oct 30, 2008

Oh God, there really are "tactical turtlenecks" from Under Armour.

yellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

gawtchyo dawda n err'fin

Forti posted:

A tactalneck

but do I wear one in black

Or slightly darker black

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

Since my last pistol broke (CO2 M9), I'm in the market for a new one. I'd like another gas one that's reliable and can hold a decent amount of BBs, all for about $70 or less. I could also use a decent strap/sling for my rifle.

Currently I've got this G36C and some tri-shot pump-action shotgun. The shotgun has seen a bit of action but I haven't got to field-test the G36C yet. Also bought an RC that shoots BBs for shits and giggles.

I normally play on a friend's land. He's got a large, flat, lightly wooded area with a creek running through it, bordered by a field with tall grass and a ridge about 20 feet up that runs along the length of it. We normally call up eight or ten people and have a blast. Same friend also bought an M249, not too sure on the brand, but the thing was heavy as poo poo and had an insanely high-cap magazine. All in all I think it cost him $300 or so. Unfortunately the thing is being held together by duct tape because he didn't know how to reassemble it after a pin slipped out and poo poo got out of place.

As for clothing I've got a ghillie suit that I bought a few years back for $50, otherwise I just wear dark jeans, boots, and a dark green t-shirt.

INTERNETRACECAR
May 25, 2005
Rabbit Injected!

So I just realized that the FPG will support a Madbull long grenade launcher on the top rail

Vigilantly Vigorous
Jun 23, 2007
How delightful...

After an extensive day of play I decided I want to go with an M4 variant. I narrowed it down to these 3.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_in...roducts_id=9457

http://www.airsplat.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=ER-SCG-M4-MK110

and

http://www.airsplat.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=ER-E1-M4-JP42

Does anyone have an opinion on any of these?

Anything along those lines would be great. I dont like the look of the carry handle. I'm planning on putting an EOtech clone on top. I'm looking for something with a top rail that goes all the way from where the rear sight would be down to the end of the barrel without the integrated front iron sight. I want to avoid having to get that battery box that sits on the rails.

I want to go for as a high ROF as I can. I assume I can do this with a LiPo batery but what other upgrades can I get to increase the ROF? I need to keep it under 400fps because all of the fields here require it.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Want an M4? Classic Army, G&G, ICS, VFC, newer SOPMOD Tokyo Maruis and maaaaybe G&P, but I'm only hesitant to say G&P because forty's G&P M4 was a bit of a non-starter.

Disregard all else and start with one from one of the above manufacturers.

The external setup can be made however you like, for instance I own a G&G GR16 R4 Commando, G&G's Proline M4 with the RIS and Crane stock. I didn't like the front triangle M4 sight so I took it off and replaced it with a flip-up. Just knock out two pins, slide it off the front of the barrel, swap sights and you're done, if I wanted I could take off the RAS kit and replace it with an SIR RAS system if I liked.

I wouldn't go with any of the ones you listed, save maybe for the Socom Gear, but even then I can't say I've heard much about it.

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Feb 26, 2012 around 10:40

INTERNETRACECAR
May 25, 2005
Rabbit Injected!

Today was a good day, a good day where I achieved some knockoff version of a CAW revolver launcher for $60 and a CA M14 Scout.

Only problem with the revolver launcher? It weighs about four hundred thousand pounds, but hey, who cares, it works.

Vigilantly Vigorous
Jun 23, 2007
How delightful...

How about the KWA ones?

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-KWA-M4-SR7-7.htm

The rails that I want cost around $180 to put onto a CA standard M4 and I am not really technical enough to get it right.

Oh and what are the benefits of EBB? Is it just for show? I mostly want to squeeze performance out of this.

Vigilantly Vigorous fucked around with this message at Feb 26, 2012 around 23:02

Android Bicyclist
Apr 28, 2009

Leave no chalupa behind...
Yes, I shoot just like this.

The only thing about EBB is the milsim part of it. To me EBB is another point of failure so I'm not too keen on it and all my friends that have it on their guns end up disabling it. The only exception is the G&G pneumatic blow back because apparently it doesn't pull more energy from the battery & is supposed to be more mechanically sound.

That KWA you linked to will serve you well. Just take note on which brand magazines are compatible with it.

yellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

gawtchyo dawda n err'fin

EBB's are just for noise and laffs and nothing else. They're not even realistic or milsimmy...only the expensive Tokyo Marui Recoil Shock's and upcoming KWA ERG's have functional bolt stops.

Vigilantly Vigorous posted:

The rails that I want cost around $180 to put onto a CA standard M4 and I am not really technical enough to get it right.

What rail are you looking at?

Vigilantly Vigorous
Jun 23, 2007
How delightful...

The one I was looking at turned out to be a rail for a G3.

But I am trying to choose between these two now.

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERA-CA-M15-CQB.htm and

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-KWA-M4-SR7-7.htm

My goals are to have a high rate of fire and stay under 400FPS. The first thing I will do is get a LiPo battery that fits in the stock.

Will I have trouble upgrading the KWA? I was reading that along with magazines it is difficult to find parts that fit on KWA M4s. I plan on upgrading the motor and other internals in the future.

yellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

gawtchyo dawda n err'fin

Both are good, both upgradeable, both drink lipo. If you get the CA find the X series version instead

RedContraGuy
Oct 30, 2008

Can anyone direct me to some how-to videos or picture guides for disassembly, specifically hop-up/bucking removal (for cleaning when I get the gun)? I know how to take apart the G36, but most videos I have found just take the barrel and put it to the side, focusing on the gearbox.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

...identity dicks?

I've got a WELL brand spring L96 with three seperate problems. Any ideas?

1) Occasionally doesn't fire, then fires 2 shots.

2) Sometimes when firing or reloading, the magazine will fall out.

2) The safety doesn't work.

cuntrageous
Jun 6, 2008

RedContraGuy posted:

Can anyone direct me to some how-to videos or picture guides for disassembly, specifically hop-up/bucking removal (for cleaning when I get the gun)? I know how to take apart the G36, but most videos I have found just take the barrel and put it to the side, focusing on the gearbox.

Which kind did you get? If it's an AEG the entire hopup rotates out of the barrel assembly which is only held in by 3 screws. If it's the gas it's a bit more involved.

Deviant posted:

I've got a WELL brand spring L96 with three seperate problems.

Probably going to wind up spending as much as you paid for it to fix it :|

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

I'm new to this thread, so I'm curious where you all are from.

Boulder, Colorado over here.

Any of you guys have teams/websites?

... and are any of you going to Oklahoma Invasion 7?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

...identity dicks?

cuntrageous posted:

Probably going to wind up spending as much as you paid for it to fix it :|

I was CONSIDERING a purchase. I opted to pass. Phew. Would have cost me $60 to buy.

cuntrageous
Jun 6, 2008

And this is for alignage:

That's just a mock PVS14 in back I use for pictures but I've got an ANVSMA that goes on the mount for games.

RedContraGuy
Oct 30, 2008

cuntrageous posted:

Which kind did you get? If it's an AEG the entire hopup rotates out of the barrel assembly which is only held in by 3 screws. If it's the gas it's a bit more involved.

KWA G36. But I found a video on their forums of a guy doing it nice and slow. Thanks, though!

It was recommended to clean the bucking with soapy, warm water and the barrel with just water when I get the gun because of the packing grease.

Edit: I'm from Birmingham, AL. A friend of mine got an invite extended to him and any friend who would want to play with 20+ guys on a fairly regular basis, so we both jumped on it.

RedContraGuy fucked around with this message at Feb 28, 2012 around 01:40

cuntrageous
Jun 6, 2008

RedContraGuy posted:

It was recommended to clean the bucking with soapy, warm water and the barrel with just water when I get the gun because of the packing grease.

Nah gently caress it- too much work and too invasive. Put some rubbing alcohol on a strip of cotton cut from on old T shirt and run a .22 cleaning rod down the barrel until you can see it in the magwell. Run that a few times and then put like a mag through it. Goodtogo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vigilantly Vigorous
Jun 23, 2007
How delightful...

Edit: did some googling, and answered my question.

Vigilantly Vigorous fucked around with this message at Feb 28, 2012 around 05:26

«252 »