Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«22 »
Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Game Artist, Airsofter, Pepsi Max addict, not good with computers.

drat you for linking this Forti.

Zombie airsoft.

Pretty funny poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

JG M16a4 RIS can be had for $140

You can get the same gun minus the RIS for 109 also from Airsplat, but if you need the RIS, that's about as cheap as it's going to go. Single-shot A2 springers exist but you're not going to find the fancier RIS kits on those. I say go for the JG m16a4 RIS, it's more than good enough for what you want and if the bug ever bites (it will), you've got a solid gun to begin with!

As for the optic, I found this knockoff doctor red dot on RSOV, a Hong Kong site I've used a lot to get all sorts of accessories. Silencers are piss cheap to obtain as well.

Now I have a question.

Considering getting one of these, an ICS AK74 RAS. The SR25k I was going to get is scarce as gently caress over here in the UK, so I'm looking into one of these instead. Just a few questions though.

- Are AK47 and 74 mags compatible? I gather they're not on the real thing, but this being airsoft and all? I plan to get various electric-powered auto-winding mags for it and it'd be nice if the numerous AK47 variants also fit the 74.

- General comments about the ICS AK74? Good? Crap? Decent gearbox like the ICS M4s? Better used as a golf club?

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Dec 16, 2009 around 02:35

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Railoc posted:

Pics of me playing at Fort Ord in Monterey, CA!

http://deborahcarrion.smugmug.com/A...990_Qau56-XL-LB
http://deborahcarrion.smugmug.com/A...454_y5RP3-XL-LB
http://deborahcarrion.smugmug.com/A...609_ErX5b-XL-LB

It was raining hard. Lots of fun though.

My TanM4 is better than your TanM4.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Hixson posted:

Also, I've held an ICS Ak47, it was really uncomfortable to hold. The stock seemed to long so the rest of the gun was really far from your body. It just felt odd.
Well, the length of pull is about as long as an M16 and on my M4 I'm getting used to the longest stock settings, so I don't know. I might well just get used to it or get a crane stock if I can't. vv

Incidentally, the mods I have planned for the AK74 make it look very much like the AK from Crysis.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

BULBASAUR posted:

Ahem.

BULBASAUR posted:

e: Ahaha this poo poo is hilarious. I love how the movie just shows everyone standing around looking at the screen. I hope people use this so I can get even easier kills.

CoD4/MW2 players? Staring at the radar is basically all they ever do.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

EDIT: Actually, was going to post an enquiry about a new gun that looked pretty slick until I began hearing horror stories about getting batteries to fit and such so I won't bother.

Instead I will simply say I am still very much on the hunt for a new gun and an ICS AK74 may not be the end of it. In fact, I think I've gone full circle back to the M16s/M4s.

EDIT2: What say you guys on 200 for a G&P M4? Good deal?

Either that or an ICS M16a3/AK74 for 30 more.

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Dec 29, 2009 around 06:11

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

What can you guys tell me about MOSFETs? All I generally know about them is that they improve ROF, trigger response time, properly stop the cylinder after each cycle and certain fets can do 3-round burst. What I'd like to know is where to get them, which ones to get, how difficult are they to install and how much I should be looking to pay for a decent one?

Also, was quite surprised to come across this set of 5 190rd MAG M4/16 midcaps. Not far off the capacity of a hicap minus the bullshit winding with the benefit of being more reliable. Might tempt me away from buying an electric mag.

Incidentally, I keep switching between wanting to blow my cash on many different guns and I can't decide oh god help.

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Jan 6, 2010 around 16:18

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Just put in an order for an AGM M16A4 to replace my Tan JG M4A1 (I'll splash out and get a non-clone when I finally get off minimum-wage). Based mostly off it's pretty drat respectable performance at our regular site, having nice full metal externals compared even to the ICSs and being the only gun in our airsoft society to not break down (yet, god forbid). Also, pretty light, pretty long barrel, loads of accessories and parts available.

ROF is apparently slow due to a stiff spring pushing the gun to 450FPS and the stock 8.4v mini. Plan is to get that spring out, swap in a 1 joule spring, add a 9.6v large, be more than satisfied with the new ROF and then the following over the next few months.

-TA31-pattern ACOG
-Systema Tightbore
-5x 190rd MAG Midcaps + chest rig
-Possible 800rd electric doublemag for silly-mode support fire.
-M5 RAS kit and rail covers. Basically a USMC M16A4 replica.

The only question I have is regarding the hop-up. the AGM comes with a 2-piece hop-up, I just wonder if this is going to give me problems replacing it or are 2-piece hops common?

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Jan 14, 2010 around 03:10

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Fifty Three posted:

$70 is a whole bunch of money to spend on a toy.

I can't help but notice this is really the wrong thread to say this in.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

cuntrageous posted:

The box is kind of hit or miss on feeding so far but luckily I can just take one of my electric CA nutsacks for playing. Needs side-mounted bipod legs. Carpet needs vacuuming..

Aside from the silencer and the metal handguard, this is precisely what I want to build.

Can you give me details on the Drum mag and the Elcan? Brand, where you bought it from, quality, etc?

I am getting a drum mag but it's either going to be a manual wind drum like yours, a betamag or a sound activated doublemag. Also I'm looking at either ACOGs or Elcans so any info on how good that Elcan you have there would be awesome (Again, brand, price, quality of sight/eye relief, worth it?).

Since I'm feeling especially cheeky could you take a picture through the scope?

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Feb 10, 2010 around 12:54

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

cuntrageous posted:

Someday I will own a Mk46 SPW. I loving swear on this.

cuntrageous posted:

Honestly this (like all of my guns) is way over the top. If you want to be a support gunner there's no reason you can't just buy a used AR15, throw a nice box mag on it and demand that everyone on the field calls you cpl. lovechunks.
Halfway there already, I bought myself a metal-bodied AGM M16 and loving love how it feels. Unfortunately I think they sent a lemon as the hop-up dial doesn't do a drat thing to change the BB trajectory from NO-HOPUP-INSTALLED mode. Sent it back and hopefully they might fix that under warranty.

Once that is fixed, I'm slapping a drum, betamag or maybe just that doublemag and a scope on there and basically getting the gun which I've narrowed down (out of four other guns) to be a perfect fit for how I play. I hate winding and like to see whre my BBs are hitting. Plus it won't be so heavy and long that it'll stop me running around more.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

cuntrageous posted:

Just get an echo1 hopup they work perfectly fine. I don't know a thing about AGM since pretty much everything I own is Classic Army except for a couple of parts I stripped from cheap JG and Dboy guns. If you want a support gun, Just Buy A Classic Army. Their new gearboxes are built to take that kind of punishment right out of the box.
Well, I've already gone and bought it so maybe next time. :/

In the meantime, I can tell you that the AGMs use a two-piece hopup. Does this limit my choices for hopup replacement or are one-piece and two-piece hops interchangeable?

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

DMs are just regular AEG users with a bigger scope than everyone else.

Yeah, on our last trip a marshall had a G&P Magpul M4 and in terms of range, it pissed all over even our hardest-firing bolt snipers from a great height, even with such a short barrel.

Do want very yes.

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Feb 16, 2010 around 03:06

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

cuntrageous posted:

I have a G&P M4 it shoots pretty well but the semi will gently caress up the gearbox any chance it gets.

Is it upgraded at all and is it something a mosfet would help with?

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

INTERNETRACECAR posted:

Do regulars also know it by sound and loudly exclaim "OH poo poo, IT'S THE SVD" and scatter like so many mice?

We have the SAW in our group for that. Unmistakeable.

Also it's funny seeing newbies poo poo themselves at the sight of a bolt-sniper, until they realise they have the advantage and should just rush.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Bagel Adjuster posted:

Has anyone had any experience with the G&G M416-S? I'm looking for a good AEG as a first airsoft purchase, and the OP recommends G&G as a quality brand but I've been unable to find any actual reviews of the gun itself.

The gun: https://www.buyairsoft.ca/gandg-m416-s.html

Look up G&G M4 CQBs instead. The M416 name is a little odd considering it's not a 416 at all

Found one: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_in...roducts_id=2714 Not Canadian so I can't help you there, sorry.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Well bully for you fucks, lucky to live where there is an active airsoft scene, where all you have to do is walk down the road and get hit by five big-name retailers and about fifty airsoft sites.

Our nearest retailer is in loving Scotland and it comes with lovely customer service.

Anyway, anybody know if one-piece and two-piece hopups are interchangeable? My gun apparently came with a two-piece hop and I'm looking to replace it with something better.

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Feb 25, 2010 around 14:10

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Well it's a two-piece hopup on a metal-bodied AGM M16 so idk.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Fragmatic posted:

I'll be taking some russian crap and an AK-105, I always stand out when I go there.

There's probably some actual tactical benefit in airsoft to looking exactly like a member of the enemy team. Probably the real reason everyone dresses up like multicam operator poseurs.

Then again, having British DPM camo from army surplus stores at least means we ain't spending as much to look like everyone else. You yanks and your expensive camo systems.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Forti posted:

my 8" revolver

Which one is that again?

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Being a classy Englishman, I would rock that so ironically hard.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Railoc posted:

That sucks, but to be fair, the guns DIDN'T have the orange tips like they should have.
I thought they're usually painted on by the US retailers and rebranders when they get imported?

You guys get to deal with the orange paint while we have all the UKARA bullshit. Wanna swap?

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

From what I'm beginning to gather, the supposed quality of chinese guns depends entirely on how the underpaid chinese slave who happens to be working on your gun, feels that day. Having owned three JGs, I can attest to this.

CYMA do the best clone M14s from what I've heard and a range of pretty impressive AKs.

I'd consider one of these myself. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_in...roducts_id=4738

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Anybody own any SCAR-Ls around here? Might make a nice alternative to an m4/m16 for my next gun, (while having loads of parts available)

I've heard of G&G, ARES/Star, CA and VFC. The ARES is the cheapest I can find at 300 so if anybody has anything to say about that then awesome!

Also, are airsoft SCAR-Ls fully compatible with m4/m16 drum mags and what have you? I know HK416s aren't and I recently discovered KWA M4s need their own mags too.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

So G&G and CA are a safe bet then. Thanks guys, I'll do a bit more review legwork and get back to you if I have any more questions

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Thinking about VFCs and their reputation as project guns and to ask a more general question, are there any guns you guys consider the best goddamn out-of-the-box no-loving-around-required AEG going?

I am very much not after a project gun, I still haven't even opened a gearbox yet! So if I'm planning on dropping 300+ for the first time I want something that'll blow my pants off with awesome.

I recall a couple of links from way back in the thread mentioning a CA M16 SPR and a KWA M16.

EDIT: Hmmmm..... http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/pro...1a3f5ce9285ad78

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Mar 24, 2010 around 03:00

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

BULBASAUR posted:

Everyone is going to say x gun is made of cheese, but had good experiences with y. Lots of rumors are abound, and companies change quality over the years.

I agree but if I get a bunch of answers mentioning the same manufacturer or the same line of AEGs from a bunch of airsofters I trust a bit more than your average airsoft review, then I know I'm generally heading the right way.

Which I got! drat, won't be able to afford this for a while but I never thought I'd come to a decision so quick. AR10's looking pretty drat likely for that price! Thanks again gewns.

VVV EDIT: VVV

Although that just means our selection of guns is limited and as with everything ever $ symbols are just coverted to without any change in the number.
Still, Tokyo Marui's probably ain't that bad an idea, since max FPS is 325 here. Whatever awesome FPS these CA's might be running, they have to come down.

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Mar 24, 2010 around 16:27

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Welp, just chrono'd my chinese, AGM, chinese-slave-made, China-clone M16 and it came out at a rather surprising...300FPS, dead-on.

This isn't really a bad thing leaves me under the legal limit with room to spare and meant I could at least sell on the 1J spring I had ready to install, But it does leave me wondering what possibilities are open for upgrades with such a low FPS, like those Tanio Koba Hop Spin barrels if I can ever find them anywhere for not stupid-priced. Anyone have any experience with them?

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Mar 27, 2010 around 03:12

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

How useful are tracer units during the day? My eyes, being completely hosed as they are, appreciate just about any method of helping to see where my shots are going, hence my urge to keep buying scopes.

I thought nothing of it before now, when I just stumbled on this video, which is admittedly around evening time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah6c...feature=related but thought that while BBs would be more expensive, the benefits might just outweigh the cost. Besides, the worst that can happen is that I can't make out any glow effect in direct sunlight, whereas it might be a little more visible under woodland cover?

Anyone used them?

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Apr 15, 2010 around 04:29

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Parthenogenocide posted:

Also, I picked up AGM's MP001 (externally a TM VSR10) off of AirsoftGI with the real wood stock, and this thing is impressive for costing less than 100 bucks. Gonna bring it to Mike Force or Fort Ord in the next couple weeks to see how well it performs. It appears to be shooting about 400ish with .2s.

According to the box, it's revision D, so hopefully the 4th gen will be pretty reliable. The construction is pretty drat good for a cheap clone of a clone.

I may have had an earlier revision with the wood effect stock but the mag basically never fed unless you held it in and then the trigger sear went and broke causing slam-fires. These are apparently common issues for the MP001 so here's hoping yours is a more reliable one.

That said I will hunt down one of those A&K Dragunovs one day.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Forti posted:

Also hey fagballs, if you can stand buying another gun, which I'm sure you can, A&K just started back up. Maybe there will be more Dragunovs on the way :P
Source on this? Chinasoft was completely dead last I heard.

Incidentally if they bring out the SR25k again I am going to be severely torn. Although If I get this job with Assyria I'm not going to care in the least and just buy the Classic Army version instead and just smug like a motherfucker - or just tart up a CA M4 with the money I'd save.

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Apr 15, 2010 around 12:47

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Coitus_Interruptus posted:

That's not an option for anyone.

Incidentally, I'm selling off my TanM4 and my unskirmished AGM M16 on the cheap. I've had it with clones. :|

EDIT: Made a thread on ZeroIn for selling the M16, if anyone in the UK is interested. http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=47134

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Apr 16, 2010 around 21:05

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Bringing this up from way back in the thread but

cuntrageous posted:

Any CA armalite. I have 3. Ones a sniper rifle, ones a support gun, one's my battle rifle. All three have never broken and never needed to be taken apart.

Do you mind if I ask you to go into more detail about these? The main thing I've wanted since forever in Airsoft is to outrange the other guy so I'm thinking about something that'll suit that end. That and they've got a pretty wide selection of CAs at Airsoft Armoury.

EDIT: Well you mentioned stuff about your Support gun, what about your sniper and battle rifle? M16-based also?

EDIT2: CA AR10 for 250

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Apr 17, 2010 around 21:09

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Forti posted:

I am going to run right up in your grill with a pistol and you'll be all
You make a compelling case for an m203.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

What do you guys know of CYMAs? I am split between their M14 SOCOM and one of their many many many AKs. I know most of them are clones of different AKs from different manufacturers but I've heard good things about the CM040D, but not exactly why that one is particularly outstanding.

Thoughts? I kind of had to abandon getting a CA/G&P for the time being since a potential job fell through. :T

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Hey I just applied to Respawn* get off my back man

*Mostly for a laugh alongside a bunch of serious applications I just made.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

BULBASAUR posted:

If you want an AK, get a Dboys instead of a CYMA

Can you expand a little as to why? There seems to be two camps of AK-clone fans, the CYMAs and the DBoys.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Railoc posted:

Also, a word of advice: Don't go into prone position in an area covered in poison oak. Especially if you rolled your sleeves up.
Even on the hottest of days I will abso-loving-lutely not ever remove my two upper layers and my leather gloves, because I just know when I'm going all and such, I'll accidentally stick my hands/limbs right into some loving nettles or gorse bush which are goddamn everywhere.

Severity isn't as bad as poison oak, but there's just more of the stuff

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

identikit posted:

Looking to sell my bone stock TM Sig 552 and KWA Glock GBB in SA-mart soon. Any ideas of price? UK based if that helps.

I got myself a valuation on my m16 on the ZeroIn forums before selling it there as well.

Although you do have to be careful of the retards that come out of the woodwork. This is what I get for demanding UKARA details prior to any sale.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Zylen posted:

I'm looking to sell my airsoft guns in the UK, but having trouble finding where as Cash Converters don't accept them and ebay doesn't allow it either. I'm trying to get rid of a Tokyo Marui P90 and a Tokyo Marui Steyr AUG (With a conversion kit to make it more like an A3 version.) as well as various accessories between the two. It's been suggested that I sell them to a club, but don't know of any locally. They're both in excellent condition, having been used very little, so I'd be looking to get a decent deal.

Apologies if this question has been answered earlier but the thread's 31 pages long and I didn't see anything in the OP that'd help.
I recently did a sale on the ZeroIn forums for my M16.

http://zeroin.co.uk/index.php

You can first get a valuation in the Appraisals subforum if you want, or you can just go straight to making a sell thread for each gun in the AEGs For Sale section.

Just one thing about that forum though, don't mention other suppliers other than ZeroOne because the admins edit posts and delete any mention of competitors like Firesupport, Actionhobbies or Landwarrior.

You will also get a LOT of idiots and timewasters, demand UKARA details from everyone and confirm them with ZeroOne by email.

quote:

That's a beauty. I want one but can't find one anywhere.

God dammit why is the selection of AEGs in the UK so loving BOLLOCKS compared to the US?!

I have 200 in my pocket RIGHT NOW and all this talk of new models just around the corner is making me hesitate on buying a new gun like crazy.

Aliginge fucked around with this message at May 10, 2010 around 11:26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

You need UKARA to buy, not sell. You're fine.

«22 »