Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«22 »
Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Game Artist, Airsofter, Pepsi Max addict, not good with computers.

yellowjournalism posted:

Ok how bout now

Say if I were to buy my first GBB tomorrow and I didn't know what make to go for, what would you instantly recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Forti posted:

Also do you guys like my tshirt?

Click here for the full 768x1024 image.

Cool shirt for cool dudes.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Quick question to the dboys/vfc ak owners. My otherwise awesome dboys aksu has developed something of a wobbly and loose scope bracket. now considering i recently dropped 60 on an acog and the clip on scope mount is fine, would suck to have the bracket on the body itself be loose, it only wobbles by a millimetre, but thats enough.

would supergluing the bracket to the body stop me taking the gun down should the need for gb maintenance arise or does it not matter?

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

resale value is the last of my worries given that tacticool AKs just arent in demand, but thanks for the input. ill take it down as far as i can but those inner hex bolts are bastards to get to.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Springfield Fatts posted:

Anyone know a FAL variant that's below $350?

I'd own one right now if there was. No clone manufacturer makes one AFAIK and the cheapest one I know of is the King Arms at $400+

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

I hear the A&K dragunovs are pretty neat. You can use regular AEG springs in them too.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

That's not tiger stripe.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

main benefit would probably be the trigger response and supposedly no chance at locking up your gearbox in semi.

I could be wrong but those sound like pretty good benefits.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Obsurveyor posted:

What is a bellend

The end of a

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

JoeCool posted:

I just ordered a D-Boys RK-12 and it has the black furniture that you're looking for but it also has a folding stock. A review says it shoots around 375-380 which is a good range for most fields. But the gun definitely isn't a standard ak47.
( http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_in...roducts_id=4807 )

Hey guys are we talking DBOYs RK12s?

Incidentally regarding mags, I have CYMA midcaps and they only fit in well once you file down the mag release nub on the back of each mag and only feed well after filing down the BB-release nub to match the stock DBOYs hicap that comes with the gun. Otherwise, this gun is really awesome.

I no longer have the loudener on the end of the barrel but having it on does make a noticable crack sound as you fire. Just a silencer, RAS kit, flashlight, foregrip and laser to go now.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

oh cuntrageous you a such a goon.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

seriously, I love it. Never change.

Also hey, seems Magpul are rolling with an airsoft version of their PDR, although they're still changing stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p1n...player_embedded

Seriously, an AEG version of this would loving own, by which I mean when an asian company clones it for a fraction of the price

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

well they partnered up with KWA for that one didn't they? No reason they wouldn't again. Gas would be nice I suppose but all interest of mine would be gone if they didn't do an AEG version.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Aeon Eclipse posted:

Could someone recommend me an SMG? A CQB field just opened up near me and the only specs I need to meet are that it shoots under 350 fps with a .20. Price range would be anything under $300.

ICS MP5s supposedly clock in at around 310-320.

E1M5 posted:

I'd really like an M4 or a close variant.

I was thinking something like this -
http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-BI-M4-3981M.htm
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_in...roducts_id=5630

It seems like a lot of the guns I'm finding are plastic with metal gearboxes... Should I really be that concerned with staying away from plastic guns, since they just limit my choices? How sturdy are higher end plastic rifles?

I've nothing against Plastic bodied guns with metal gearboxes (plastic gearboxes are worthless) the bodies themselves are unlikely to break but gun quality as a whole really depends on the brand. DBOYs are a chinese clone company and their M4s are getting particularly long in the tooth now, but high end companies like G&G and ICS have released Plastic-bodied versions of their higher end Metal-bodied M4s for like a fraction of the price, same internals and everything.

Check out these:

ICS Sportline http://www.airsoftgi.com/advanced_s...ortline&x=0&y=0
G&G Affordable Series http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=139_24_237

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Jan 23, 2011 around 02:55

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

I always found the orange-tip law quite funny. Best way to walk around with a real gun in public? Spray the flash hider orange.

Same with the UK and two-tones, your gun could actually be a completely real bullet-slinging machine but look like a toy if you paint it bright blue.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Any of you guys own a G&G F2000?

I have a sudden and irrational urge to go for a space-age bullpup, preferably one that takes m4 midcaps. Only I heard the G&G doesn't take midcaps, this is a dealbreaker for me.

Or G&G fixed that issue and now it does. Or something.

If they haven't fixed that issue and since I am a recent total convert to midcaps, going back to hicaps only would SUCK, what is the general opinion on CA AUGs? I've used a JG AUGA3, thought the trigger was way too heavy, the body was poo poo quality and all sorts of stuff rattled on it to the point where I was worried stuff would straight up fall off, so how does the CA stack up in comparison?

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Jan 27, 2011 around 14:30

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

INTERNETRACECAR posted:

CA AUGs are loose and wobbly as hell until you put it to your shoulder and it all goes away. I'd like to say more nice things about it but mine is a finicky bitch that doesn't like to deliver full fps on full auto, but overall it's a sick-rear end gun.

On top of this, I've been reading reviews that have been all over the place. Amateur internet reviewers of high end guns are usually massively impressed, reviewers of the CA AUG proline are listing all sorts of problems.

Now if only that F2000 would take midcaps....

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Supposedly it's to do with certain large gearbox screws that take up space in the magwell.

EDIT:

Well whaddya know? Someone has managed to mod MAG-midcaps to fit

Click here for the full 1024x686 image.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Well it's 315 from ZeroOne, I think I'll wait for a bit.

Oh my GOD this looks amazing though

Forty, I now know how you felt about the ACR you always wanted. If Shlee buys a G&G F2000 I am going to loving kill him.

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Jan 28, 2011 around 11:35

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

The gun is the real thing but as far as I know you can get the real RIS handgrip to go on a G2010 with a fair bit of dremeling and drilling...

No sign of an airsoft knockoff RIS as far as I've seen yet.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Forti posted:

Aliginge, try mentioning that you want a G2010 and see how long, in minutes, it takes for Froggy to affirm that he's always wanted one, has been looking at getting one for a while, and in fact is about to buy a super upgraded version from one of his 'team'.
It took about an hour with the EBR.
Oh and now he wants an MP9. And a revolver. And probably to date my girlfriend too.

Actually you'll probably find that he's always dated her, has been dating her for a while, and in fact is about to date a super upgraded version of her provided by one of his 'team'.

I can't explain my sudden urge to get one. I think I just held my AKSU one day and went, well this is great and all, but wouldn't it be awesome if it were a bullpup? I swung the stock to the side, put the reciever to my shoulder, held the foregrip like a pistol grip and did a prompt sweep of my house for random tangos and it made me sad that so few bullpups exist. I also considered P90s for the practicality aspect to be honest, but I wanted an AR. So that led to either a FAMAS, AUG or F2000 (gently caress sa80s). FAMASs are either poo poo or old TMs, AUGs are either poo poo JGs (horrible based on the AUGA3 I used at NTAC) or not that great CAs, TMs maybe but even then the F2000's looks just grew on me so fast these past few days.

That and people keep saying it is literally the most accurate AEG going, hyperbole yeah, but that's not bad news at all. I know you disapprove of youtube reviewers, but Jarek from RedDragonAirsoft http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZb5gscU6Cw tested it recently and he's tested like everything, from Dboys to Real Sword and if he is comparing it to his real FS2000 and is still impressed then woah.

Yeah, I'm gonna get one of these. Now how to go about this....

Plus you know, it's the p90s big brother C:

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Jan 28, 2011 around 23:38

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

047 is based on the Tokyo Marui internal design and has a pot metal body, 040 is based on the VFC, which is newer and probably better as well as having a steel-stamped body.

For reference, the 040, 048 and 050 series are all VFC clones. the rest are TM. Incidentally, all DBOYs AKs are Steel-bodied VFC clones.

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Jan 30, 2011 around 21:23

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

WE Brownings are loving sexual. I got to molest one for a few minutes and it fits my hand so well.

1911-what now?

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Probably too cold to use them right now.

I remember watching our resident russian test out all of his pistols on a particularly cold and wet trip and each one just spewed gas on one shot till they were empty.

When are KWA going to release those CO2 mags for guns other than lovely glocks?

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Hoborg posted:

so I'd like something like an M4, but the XM8 and AUG both have the 'cool' factor going for them).

ICS M4A1 - 148. Great manufacturer, it's very cheap due to the (good quality) ABS body rather than being full metal, way better internals than similarly-priced competitors from crappier chinese clone companies - ICS are Taiwanese and are awesome, features all the same internals as the ICS guns double that price, easier to take down than any other airsoft M4 due to the unique split gearbox design, winner all round I feel.

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/produ...k-plastic-black

Oh and Firesupport are awesome with customer service. Either go with them, Landwarrior Airsoft or Actionhobbies.

MikeG posted:

I've got a G&G G2010 Hunter (with the scope). It's pretty great.

Incidentally, the Hunter is available around these parts for not very much more than the regular tactical version. Can I bother you to:

A) If possible get a photo looking through the scope at something? I really like putting scopes on to my guns and it'd be awesome if the scope that comes with the Hunter is actually decent.

B) Tell me if there is an RIS rail underneath the scope so I could mount other optics like my ACOG or red dot to if I feel the need? I heard there might be a scope rail and it might be lower-set than the Tactical or something and that you may get a tactical railed upper with the Hunter anyway. Got my wires crossed with this.

If you can help me out with this that'd be awesome

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2011 around 04:56

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Yea boiiii

I took the aluminium cylinder out of my RK12s sound hog hider/loudener thing and now it just sounds awesome! Not so much a snap when it fires now so much as a nice hollow (still loud) POP sound. Combine this with 9.6V full auto and people are going to be able to identify me from miles away this saturday

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

UK GOONS! I'm selling my m14.

G&G M14 Soc16 + 3 G&G hicap mags (+ 2 more that don't feed well) Two large type batteries (9.6v 3700mAh + 8.4v 1500mAh) and a scope mount (with no bolt to hold it on :S any allen bolt would work though)

180 + P&P

More details and photos here.
http://www.tsuairsoft.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=412

post there or email me my username at gmail.com if you're interested.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Sorry bro, F2000 comes before minigun

Speaking of which.

MikeG posted:

awesome
Thanks loads for this. I already have an 4x ACOG I'm mad pleased with so I'll probably just get the tactical instead if it's only 1.6x.

I also await this review somewhat eagerly.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Just come back from my first full day of airsoft for a whole year, had fun although Every Single One of my mags refused to feed. CYMA AKSU Midcaps and a Dboys ak47 waffle hicap.

I'd load both the mids and the hicap I have, without putting them in the gun, I'd pull the bb release tab, watch as a single BB rolls out while the spring is eternally stuck and refuses to push the BBs out. I'd suspect this was the brand of midcaps I have if it didn't happen on my Dboys hicap as well.

So what the utter gently caress is going on with my mags when they were working perfectly two weeks ago? So spell it out to me, I know I'm lubing my mags either wrongly or not often enough, so what should I be doing and how often to make these loving things reliable? I'm sick of mags not feeding being such an issue with me.

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

MikeG posted:

(which contains no petroleum distillates or strong solvents)

Checked my lube, this is probably the issue. It's a Silicone spray lubricant which was hard enough to find in the shops around here, but checking it it does contain Butyl Alcohol and Isopariffinic Solvent, which I assume are the distillates and solvents in question.

That leads me to my next question, can you link me to a particular brand of spray i can go for? I'll look some up on ebay if I can get a decent brand or see if there are some UK sites selling it.

Forti posted:

Uuugh gently caress woodland forever.
Pretty much. I'm sick of my airsoft consisting of mud and poo poo and rain and hills and nettles and going prone in gorse bush and taking forever to move anywhere due to the terrain, having all my BBs be swatted by branches but have no cover when they return fire except to lay down in branches and risk a punctured lung. I wanna play some games where it's a possible to stand up while taking cover and moving isn't such a goddamn slog. I think what annopys me the most is going out to the loving sticks where in the safe areas, your only comforts from the rain and wind are a former stable or if you're lucky, a horrid-smelling portajohn.

It is at this point I mention to the rest of the goons here that I've never done any type of airsoft other than woodland. I crave FIBUA or CQB.

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Feb 7, 2011 around 00:30

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Railoc posted:

All I can say is come to the SF Bay Area.

If I can get out of this forsaken shithole that is England, then yeah sure

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

So I gave my RK12 to a russian for a while....

^^^ the russian

cuntrageous posted:

<- just ordered a umarex hk416

eat poo poo m4 havers
But it's an M4

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

JoeCool posted:

Please, tell me what aftermarket parts you are using I have no idea what will fit on this thing.

The wooden handguard is from the real AKSU, the silencer he bought off a dude on saturday at a game, the RPK mags he got from Russia, no idea of brand. I'm not that helpful I'm afraid

Although I see no reason that aftermarket parts won't fit on, what are you after?

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Android Bicyclist posted:

Speaking of which... (crappy cell phone pic ahead!)

The local store got the Echo 1 M240B in stock. The thing's big, heavy & makes me wish I had a truck with a pintle mount in the bed.

Goddammit, I want an actual non-internet IRL airsoft store. If I saw guns like that racked up along the wall I'd spend the next hour trying them all finding that one gun that fits you like a glove

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Look for a 9.6v "Stick" battery. It's the same in-line type of battery that you describe with an extra cell for more voltage. I use one in my DBoys AK and if you get a 9.6v instead of an 8.4v (like yours) you'll get a good improvement in ROF and trigger response. Can't speak for a good charger though :S

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

OK guys I'm buying my fourth gun since the beginning of this thread and I need you guys to help me decide which one. I'm considering one of a bunch of M4s. Sadly CAs are out of my price range, 250 on the gun, another hundred or so on gear, mags, battery, charger, etc.

G&P M4
G&G GR16
KWA M4

I'm generally after a RAS'd up doll-gun so my initial inclination is to go for the G&G which is pretty much what I'm after externals-wise aside from the barrel, I'd kind of prefer a shorter one tbh. Then again the G&Ps are supposedly legendary and the KWA is a goddamn KWA and everybody loves those guys right now (though I've personally no experience with them).

Bearing in mind I'm a hopeless newbie when it comes to internals, what do you reckon I should go for, goons?

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Send it back? Have you still got a warranty?

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Are Classic Army SCAR-Ls basically the same as CA's AR15 range? Are they as supposedly awesome out of the box?

Main reason I ask is that I found one going for 100 cheaper than anywhere else and it sits price-wise right alongside that G&P M4 QRF I had my eye on. I am conflicted.

Since a SCAR is a tacticool barbie gun like the m4 without being one, I have to say I'm tempted.

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Feb 22, 2011 around 21:15

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

Well more it's a tacticool barbie gun without being the m4 that loads of people already have.

My initial checking around leads me to believe this is the most solid SCAR model out there, which definitely bodes well.

Also helps I get to watch that AATV Scar v Scar v Scar v Scar review again with those adorable Austrians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aliginge
Dec 16, 2004

HnK416 posted:

Kay, so, I was wanting to put one of those beautiful LR300 stocks on my M4, like this one, http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/uploa...R-300-STK-L.jpg , and I was wondering if I do actually need to take a saw to the buffer tube like a lot of places say.

Took the buffer tube off my JG m4 some time ago. Had it as a stockless m4 wonder for a while. All you do is remove the end cap from the buffer tube, reach a really long screwdriver down the inside of the tube, undo screw, remove tube. Job done really.

In related news, I'm gettin me a G&P Sentry. My first new non-clone

Aliginge fucked around with this message at Mar 1, 2011 around 23:10

«22 »