Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Huh, that's neat. I never see my cats roll over unless they've both been squaring off for a fight. But then, they're both dumb as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Deteriorata posted:

Bop on the nose, in and of itself, isn't a problem. It's what mother cats do to discipline their kittens.

If your roommate is bopping hard enough to cause pain, or if the cat isn't responding appropriately to it, then it is a problem and roommate should knock it off.

Yeah, if my roommate's cat is biting me, I'm gonna bop it on the nose.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I think that 'Hey I like you let's play, see my tummy?' and 'I'LL CUT YOU, FUCKER' occupy the same portion of a cat's brain.

Careful
Mar 14, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

She's at the vet now, staying for a few days to get hydrated, fed, and medicated while she recovers. No fever or anything, but she was really congested, the poor little thing, according to the doctor :smith:

Good luck with little Hope and I hope the vet attention perks her up a little! When she comes back, try offering her food and then petting her for a while. A lot of cats (and dogs) won't eat by themselves when they are nervous but will eat if someone hangs out with them and pets them. I volunteer at a shelter with cats and there are a lot that just need a bit of attention to eat. She sounds like a really sweet cat!

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
This is a terrible first post to make in PI, but I adopted two youngish (1 year and 9 months, respectively) cats over the weekend. One has acclimated fairly quickly to the new place, but the other one has been absolutely terrified, and last night, she managed to escape through a hole in a 5 foot tall window screen. :(

She is microchipped, and I've already taken the steps to report the missing pet. Is there anything else I can do right now if the cat is not comfortable around me as an owner to help it home?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Orfeo posted:

This is a terrible first post to make in PI, but I adopted two youngish (1 year and 9 months, respectively) cats over the weekend. One has acclimated fairly quickly to the new place, but the other one has been absolutely terrified, and last night, she managed to escape through a hole in a 5 foot tall window screen. :(

She is microchipped, and I've already taken the steps to report the missing pet. Is there anything else I can do right now if the cat is not comfortable around me as an owner to help it home?

Leave water and food by the door. She'll get hungry eventually. "They feed me here" is a pretty good motive for cats to stick around.

Spaceguns
Aug 28, 2007

Cat Goons. I know this is encroaching on rule 6, but we have long term consulted a vet, and google, on our cat and we are all out of ideas.

Our cat is a 14 year old Siamese with a history of issues. These issues have been manageable but information on them will be provided in case any of you recognize these as related symptoms of something you have seen before. Major long term issue includes being "crooked", as in his head is tilted and part of his face doesn't work, but he has happily been living this way for most if not all of his life (he came that way when we got him).

Short list of recent manageable issues
-Mouth and ear issues. He had an infection in the eustachian tube (ear to sinus tube) and gum inflammation. This went back and forth for approximately 2 years between antibiotics, re-inflammations, and eventual teeth removal. Long term managed with antibiotics.
-Kidney issues. Kidneys are slowly fading resulting in increased water intake. They aren't critical stage but the little guy was drinking and peeing like a race horse. Treated by watching his diet and vet monitoring.
-All the above plus age has also resulted in quite a bit of weight loss and lack of energy.
-(Edit add) Sneeze attacks

All in all he was pretty happily trudging along until early last Monday morning when he had an abrupt behavior change.
-Constant distressed meowing (which has subsided with the below current treatment)
-Wants to eat and drink but can't.
--Frantically seeks water sources and takes one sniff or attempted lick before turning away.
--Really wants food but cannot keep it in without being being forced fed. Picks up food but it drops out of his mouth.

He isn't showing "pain" while he tries these activities. Just immense frustrations and distress regarding the water.

Treatment thus far
-We have had him monitored by the vet for 2x full but separate days.
-At the vets direction we are giving him subcutaneous saline (50-100ml 2x times a day), which he takes like a champ.
-Shoving food into the back of his mouth since he can't do this himself.

He is currently in decent shape, and seems happy/not in pain, but he is still losing weight, and I know this is not a long term manageable solution.

So, shot in the dark when google and our vet are out of ideas. Any ideas from the goon squad?

Next vet appointment this Wednesday, finger's crossed.

Spaceguns fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Aug 25, 2014

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Spaceguns posted:

Cat Goons. I know this is encroaching on rule 6, but we have long term consulted a vet, and google, on our cat and we are all out of ideas.

Our cat is a 14 year old Siamese with a history of issues. These issues have been manageable but information on them will be provided in case any of you recognize these as related symptoms of something you have seen before. Major long term issue includes being "crooked", as in his head is tilted and part of his face doesn't work, but he has happily been living this way for most if not all of his life (he came that way when we got him).

-Mouth and ear issues. He had an infection in the eustachian tube (ear to sinus tube) and gum inflammation. This went back and forth for approximately 2 years between antibiotics, re-inflammations, and eventual teeth removal. Long term managed with antibiotics.
-Kidney issues. Kidneys are slowly fading resulting in increased water intake. They aren't critical stage but the little guy was drinking and peeing like a race horse. Treated by watching his diet and vet monitoring.
-All the above plus age has also resulted in quite a bit of weight loss and lack of energy.

All in all he was pretty happily trudging along until early last Monday morning when he had an abrupt behavior change.
-Constant distressed meowing (which has subsided with the below current treatment)
--Frantically seeks water sources and takes one sniff or attempted lick before turning away.
--Really wants food but cannot keep it in without being being forced fed. Picks up food but it drops out of his mouth.

He isn't showing "pain" while he tries these activities. Just immense frustrations and distress regarding the water.

Treatment thus far
-At the vets direction we are giving him subcutaneous saline (50-100ml 2x times a day), which he takes like a champ.

He is currently in decent shape, and seems happy/not in pain, but he is still losing weight, and I know this is not a long term manageable solution.

So, shot in the dark when google and our vet are out of ideas. Any ideas from the goon squad?

Maybe get a second opinion with another vet?

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

Spaceguns posted:

-(Edit add) Sneeze attacks

Treatment thus far

Has your vet mentioned nasopharyngeal polyps and done anything specific to look for them? The historical ear issues, mouth issues, head tilt, and facial nerve paralysis are most likely all related, and the current trouble eating and drinking may very well be, too. Other middle ear diseases could be causing these signs too. The kidney stuff is probably a separate issue. If your vet has never mentioned polyps, I'd get a second opinion. If you live near a vet school or large veterinary specialty center and really want to get to the bottom of all this, go there.

ETA: Actually if your cat has a polyp and your vet has been missing it for years and treating "eustachian tube infections", you should report him/her to the board of veterinary medical examiners because that would be so so so ridiculous.

Crooked Booty fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 25, 2014

Mecha Neko
Mar 16, 2011

Crooked Booty posted:

Has your vet mentioned nasopharyngeal polyps and done anything specific to look for them? The historical ear issues, mouth issues, head tilt, and facial nerve paralysis are most likely all related, and the current trouble eating and drinking may very well be, too. Other middle ear diseases could be causing these signs too. The kidney stuff is probably a separate issue. If your vet has never mentioned polyps, I'd get a second opinion. If you live near a vet school or large veterinary specialty center and really want to get to the bottom of all this, go there.

ETA: Actually if your cat has a polyp and your vet has been missing it for years and treating "eustachian tube infections", you should report him/her to the board of veterinary medical examiners because that would be so so so ridiculous.

Spaceguns' wife here. Around this time last year we took the cat to a teaching hospital arranged by our vet - we live in Japan, but do not speak Japanese, so anywhere we go outside our regular vet's office there will be a language barrier. At the hospital they did an MRI and sent off a sample of fluid from his middle ear for testing. Everything came back negative or inconclusive. We learned he has no major skull deformities and no calcification of the middle ear, but nothing else.

In June we had most of his teeth pulled, which helped with problems opening his mouth and for a while all seemed to be OK except his ear infection had come back. He started drinking more, but things were stable until early last week, which Spaceguns already mentioned.

Today he's wobbly and off balance (new symptom), but doesn't seem to be in pain or distress. Our vet will probably suggest another MRI, our other option is to go to a different vet and try to explain everything via dictionaries and translation software.

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

The finest of all dances.
LB is getting more and more jumpy and skittish. I can't keep an eye on how my roommate treats her all the time, and I don't know how far she's going, but LB definitely seems scared. I'm so worried that she'll end up mean and nasty because I didn't keep her safe. :ohdear:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

My cat has had poop randomly fall out of her twice now. She isn't doing it on purpose and seems confused when it happens. Both times it's been hard and dry. Anyone got an idea what's up? She uses the litterbox normally also.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

GabrielAisling posted:

LB is getting more and more jumpy and skittish. I can't keep an eye on how my roommate treats her all the time, and I don't know how far she's going, but LB definitely seems scared. I'm so worried that she'll end up mean and nasty because I didn't keep her safe. :ohdear:

Have you tried talking to your roommate about it? Don't accuse her of abusing the cat, just mention how she seems scared all the time and see what develops.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Is the rule of thumb for bites, go to the doctor if your cat breaks skin? I was just playing with my kitten and instead of attacking his little fishing pole/fish he jumped straight for my arm and bit me. I have two puffy lines where the fang teeth got me and there is a small part where the skin is broken on one of the lines. I've heard cat bites are very prone to infection. He's only 12 weeks old so his teeth aren't very long, and it doesn't look very deep.

Sigh. I really hope he chills out, he is very bite-y and doesn't respond to water bottle, can with pennies, or yelping.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

So I just adopted two cats: Mulder and his mom Sam. lovely cell phone pic of adorable cats:

They're doing great except for one thing. Mulder was born back in May and he still nurses from Sam. So far, she has shown no resistance and hasn't kicked him off yet. Is he okay to do this? Will she eventually get annoyed enough to cut him off? She's not even a year old and he's almost as big as she is. She was spayed last Monday so I don't even know if she is producing milk still...

So I posted this back on the 10th and Mulder is still a little crotch face. Multiple times a day he'll nurse on Sam who for the most part doesn't mind, taking the time to either bathe him or take a nap using him as a pillow. Occasionally she'll give him a few quick kicks to the head or a bite on the ear, but it doesn't deter him from nursing. She isn't producing milk anymore so she is just a living, breathing pacifier. He is the happiest little purr machine when he's being a crotch face too. He's almost as big as his, albeit tiny, mom at this point. Will Mulder always be a weird crotch face? Is this an issue outside of it being kinda weird?

The adorable dummies in question.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Dantu posted:

Is the rule of thumb for bites, go to the doctor if your cat breaks skin? I was just playing with my kitten and instead of attacking his little fishing pole/fish he jumped straight for my arm and bit me. I have two puffy lines where the fang teeth got me and there is a small part where the skin is broken on one of the lines. I've heard cat bites are very prone to infection. He's only 12 weeks old so his teeth aren't very long, and it doesn't look very deep.

Sigh. I really hope he chills out, he is very bite-y and doesn't respond to water bottle, can with pennies, or yelping.

Cats aren't komodo dragons.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
A good friend of mine has just gotten a cat and I want to buy them some presents. I've never had a cat so only known about them playing with a ball of wool.

Must be something that can be posted, so no giant scratching posts. I was thinking of a couple of toys for the cat to play with.

Could I get some recommendations of what sort of thing would be good for them (I want to make a bit of an effort, not just buy a stuffed mouse)

It is a Thai cat, if that makes any difference.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

spog posted:

A good friend of mine has just gotten a cat and I want to buy them some presents. I've never had a cat so only known about them playing with a ball of wool.

Must be something that can be posted, so no giant scratching posts. I was thinking of a couple of toys for the cat to play with.

Could I get some recommendations of what sort of thing would be good for them (I want to make a bit of an effort, not just buy a stuffed mouse)

It is a Thai cat, if that makes any difference.

Da Bird is usually extremely popular with cats. You can usually find them at pet stores if you don't want to wait for it.

stinktier
Aug 8, 2007

Dei gratia regina fidei defensor

Dantu posted:

Keep an eye on it. If it becomes unusually painful, red, swollen, or doesn't start to heal, I would head to an urgent care. I just had a cat bite on my foot that I had to go to the ER about for IV antibiotics, two rounds of additional antibiotics, and I still have a cyst that I have to keep draining. That's still better than dying of an out of control infection.

Have you tried a water bottle with 50/50 vinegar/water? That might get his attention.

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan
So we have a lot of stray/feral cats in our neighborhood, and maybe a month ago, I noticed a mom and her three kittens hanging out under our building's porch. Most of the strays around here will run away if you approach them and probably have never had any meaningful human interaction before, but a couple of the kittens were curious enough to check it out when I opened some tins of cat food for them.

These are pictures of all of them from the first day I met them:

The two girl kits Whitepaw (above) and Stripeface (below) hanging out after eating.

Mama's boy Orangekit (orange) eating and Mom (above) watching out for danger.

These guys seem to have several places around the neighborhood they stay, but they always end up back here when they're hungry, and by now Mom and the two girl kits will run up to me and scream for food whenever they see me. Whitepaw is the bravest and will follow me right up the stairs to my apartment and basically go insane with happiness if I pet her. As much as I love these little guys, I know I have to do something about them soon, since I have no idea how close the little ones are to being able to have their own litters. I would love to take them all in and love them forever, but we live in a little apartment that's already owned by one cat who, even if he liked other cats, would be hosed by all the diseases and parasites the kittens have (and already has been sick once from me accidentally spreading e coli or some poo poo from one of the kittens)

The dilemma I'm kind of having right now is that only the two bravest kittens trust me enough for me to be able to get them to the animal shelter, but these guys are a family and they stick together, and I don't wanna cause any emotional distress or anything by splitting up mom/babies and brother/sisters. :( In addition, the one animal shelter in this rural-rear end county is financially struggling and allegedly kind of lovely, despite this being a college town with a fuckload of college students to donate and volunteer, but I guess anything's better than three more unfixed female cats running around living off literal garbage in this neighborhood, so my deal is, how can I get the less trusting members of this cat family to get in a cat carrier or something to go to the shelter?

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Mecha Neko posted:

Spaceguns' wife here. Around this time last year we took the cat to a teaching hospital arranged by our vet - we live in Japan, but do not speak Japanese, so anywhere we go outside our regular vet's office there will be a language barrier. At the hospital they did an MRI and sent off a sample of fluid from his middle ear for testing. Everything came back negative or inconclusive. We learned he has no major skull deformities and no calcification of the middle ear, but nothing else.

In June we had most of his teeth pulled, which helped with problems opening his mouth and for a while all seemed to be OK except his ear infection had come back. He started drinking more, but things were stable until early last week, which Spaceguns already mentioned.

Today he's wobbly and off balance (new symptom), but doesn't seem to be in pain or distress. Our vet will probably suggest another MRI, our other option is to go to a different vet and try to explain everything via dictionaries and translation software.

A new MRI at the very least can be compared to last year's to see if there are any appreciable changes over time. Unfortunately things sound like a neurological problem and thus MRI is going to be the way to go.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
So I sit down in my chair today and something bites me in the butt! I find this:

I find these all over my home. When I'm cleaning under my furniture, I get poked. I step on them. One way or another, my cats will scratch me.

It's not a problem that needs to be solved. It's just one of those cats are assholes things.

Ema Nymton fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 27, 2014

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

So I posted this back on the 10th and Mulder is still a little crotch face. Multiple times a day he'll nurse on Sam who for the most part doesn't mind, taking the time to either bathe him or take a nap using him as a pillow. Occasionally she'll give him a few quick kicks to the head or a bite on the ear, but it doesn't deter him from nursing. She isn't producing milk anymore so she is just a living, breathing pacifier. He is the happiest little purr machine when he's being a crotch face too. He's almost as big as his, albeit tiny, mom at this point. Will Mulder always be a weird crotch face? Is this an issue outside of it being kinda weird?

The adorable dummies in question.

I just wanted to say that picture is the definition of :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ema Nymton posted:

So I sit down in my chair today and something bites me in the butt! I find this:

I find these all over my home. When I'm cleaning under my furniture, I get poked. I step on them. One way or another, my cats will scratch me.

It's not a problem that needs to be solved. It's just one of those cats are assholes things.

Trim your cats claws and you'll just get blunt versions of these.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Yeah, I know. One of them doesn't like clipping and the other prefers I don't touch him at all.

Is there even a name for claw shavings?

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

flavor effigy posted:

The two girl kits Whitepaw (above) and Stripeface (below) hanging out after eating.

Mama's boy Orangekit (orange) eating and Mom (above) watching out for danger.

Would pet those kitties :3: Crazy torties are the best cats.
In the very least, TNR. Trap/neuter/release. See if your area has one if you can't bring them in to a shelter. You'll need a trap no matter what to catch them.
I'm not a fan of outdoor cats for a number of reasons, but a neutered cat living outdoors will at least not contribute to overpopulation and be slightly less likely to die in a horrible way. If you go that route, it would be a super nice thing for them if you set up insulate shelters for them to get out of the cold/wind/snow in the winter. They aren't hard to make, basically a big lidded tub with a hole cut in the side, then insulating materials like styrofoam walls and bedding.

And devil's advocate here: older cats who hate other cats their age are usually more tolerant to kittens if you got little Ms. Whitepaw dewormed and spayed. My cat is a giant rear end in a top hat who loves me/tolerates everyone else prefers to live 90% of her day in my bedroom instead of roaming the 2000sqft house she lives in. Cats don't need tons of space, they like vertical space most of all.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Grape Soda posted:

And devil's advocate here: older cats who hate other cats their age are usually more tolerant to kittens if you got little Ms. Whitepaw dewormed and spayed. My cat is a giant rear end in a top hat who loves me/tolerates everyone else prefers to live 90% of her day in my bedroom instead of roaming the 2000sqft house she lives in. Cats don't need tons of space, they like vertical space most of all.

This is truth. Khan hates other cats, hates them with a passion, but you put a kitten in front of her and she becomes lovey-dovey big sister in 3 seconds flat.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Deteriorata posted:

Da Bird is usually extremely popular with cats. You can usually find them at pet stores if you don't want to wait for it.

Thanks for that suggestion.

Any other things I can buy? I'd like to get 3-4 things to make a nice gift pack.

Maybe a catnip mouse?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I just made the appointment to have my cat put down this Saturday. I'm absolutly devestated, but I have to ask. What happens. This is my first pet, so I've never had to deal with this before.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

spog posted:

Thanks for that suggestion.

Any other things I can buy? I'd like to get 3-4 things to make a nice gift pack.

Maybe a catnip mouse?

My family's cat absolutely loves his catnip mouse, but I've seen other cats completely ignore them, so depends on the cat. Laser pointers are usually popular, too.

CompactFanny
Oct 1, 2008

LorneReams posted:

I just made the appointment to have my cat put down this Saturday. I'm absolutly devestated, but I have to ask. What happens. This is my first pet, so I've never had to deal with this before.

First they will give your cat an IV sedative to make him fall asleep. Most vets will let you spend as much time as you need with your sleeping pet, and then you can leave or stay. If you stay, they put a second drug in the IV port and they quietly stop breathing.

Condolences for your loss. You are giving your cat the best gift you can give, a gentle end with someone he/she loves there to make them feel safe.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Thank you, this is 100 times harder then I thought it would be.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

LorneReams posted:

My condolences as well. I can't even imagine going through that, but if I did I would be crying like a little girl. Like CompactFanny said though, when inevitibly shedding their mortal coil, that's the best way it can happen. Just keep that in mind and know they'll be in a better place.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
I've had, or been around, several cats being put down over the years. It's never easy. I remember when I was 12 or so, my dad getting really silently stressed when we were on our way home after we put our first cat to sleep. Just started speeding without noticing it. They had had him before they had had me and my sister, so he (the cat) was like my parent's first kid. It's never easy.

As we had our recent scare with our cat, I was researching euthanasia options just in case. There are apparently many at-home services now, which is something I always kind of wished was available. It's obviously more expensive ($300-700 from what I've seen) but I always hated their last experience being put in a carrier and taken to the place they usually hated the most: the vet. Has anyone ever used an at-home euthanasia service?

Automatonic Water
Jul 8, 2012

dig thru the ditches
and burn thru the witches
and slam in the back of my.........
.........DRAGULA

Yams Fan

Grape Soda posted:

Would pet those kitties :3: Crazy torties are the best cats.
In the very least, TNR. Trap/neuter/release. See if your area has one if you can't bring them in to a shelter. You'll need a trap no matter what to catch them.
I'm not a fan of outdoor cats for a number of reasons, but a neutered cat living outdoors will at least not contribute to overpopulation and be slightly less likely to die in a horrible way. If you go that route, it would be a super nice thing for them if you set up insulate shelters for them to get out of the cold/wind/snow in the winter. They aren't hard to make, basically a big lidded tub with a hole cut in the side, then insulating materials like styrofoam walls and bedding.

We do have an organization in town that provides free/discounted neuter vouchers for owners who can't afford to get the procedure done, perhaps they would do the same for strays considering the size of the stray population here, and maybe they, or the shelter, or city animal control, would let me borrow some kind of traps? Hmm. If I were to TNR them, would they need to be under supervision post-surgery? I've never actually had a cat that didn't come to us fixed, so I don't know how much recovery the procedure requires, especially since it's awfully hot outside at the moment and not great for a cat that would need extra rest and water.

If I could get these guys fixed and have them continue to live the life they're used to outside, I think that would make the most sense. Mom, at least, is probably too feral to ever be somebody's pet, so it just feels wrong to me to essentially take her family away and doom her to die stressed out and alone in a shelter. :(

Mecha Neko
Mar 16, 2011

LorneReams posted:

Like CompactFanny said, all things considered, it's the kindest way to go. That doesn't stop it from hitting like a ton of bricks, but remember that your cat lived a life loved and cared for.

For what it's worth, when our cat passed away a couple years ago we took her remains to a Buddhist crematorium, and they held a small ceremony for us. I was surprised at how much that helped us deal. That may be particular to where we live, but maybe there is a similar kind of service available for you.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Mecha Neko posted:

For what it's worth, when our cat passed away a couple years ago we took her remains to a Buddhist crematorium, and they held a small ceremony for us. I was surprised at how much that helped us deal. That may be particular to where we live, but maybe there is a similar kind of service available for you.

Thank you for this! I think I will do the same thing...they just finished building this huge temple, I may go and offer a prayer.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/re...LqzI/story.html

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Got Hope back from the vet earlier today. She's looking and acting much healthier, yay. Still not eating a whole lot--maybe a quarter of a can o' wet twice a day, looks like. I'll have to play that by ear.

Got some liquid medicine to give her twice daily, some antibiotic, and she just got her first dose. That was... quite an adventure, getting that pipette syringe or whatever into her mouth, eesh. :stare:

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Ciaphas posted:

Got Hope back from the vet earlier today. She's looking and acting much healthier, yay. Still not eating a whole lot--maybe a quarter of a can o' wet twice a day, looks like. I'll have to play that by ear.

Got some liquid medicine to give her twice daily, some antibiotic, and she just got her first dose. That was... quite an adventure, getting that pipette syringe or whatever into her mouth, eesh. :stare:

Any chance you could mix it up with wet food? That's how I got my kittens to take their ringworm meds when they needed it. I tried the syringe with them once and gave up on that poo poo so fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

DaisyDanger posted:

Any chance you could mix it up with wet food? That's how I got my kittens to take their ringworm meds when they needed it. I tried the syringe with them once and gave up on that poo poo so fast.

I can try but she eats so friggin little at any given meal so far that I can't guarantee she'd even get the full dose. I'll see how cooperative and/or hungry she is over the next few days.

She's so much more active and exploring now, it makes me happy to watch her :shobon: