Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

fuf posted:

Any other leads on bands like this and Fellsilent? Groovy, chuggy, not too fast, and without too much widdling or clean vocals.

Less proggy / experimental than Sikth, more brutal than Tesseract...?

(I ask this question in this thread every year or so :v:)

Cyclamen remind me a lot of SikTH + Envy, not sure if they're one you're looking for but they're neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
cyclamen's okay, but some days they sound like total garbage to me and others they sound great, i don't know what the deal is

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
holy BITCH this Knocked Loose tape is sick,,,,,

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

krustster posted:

holy BITCH this Knocked Loose tape is sick,,,,,

Bury you till it loving hurts,
But I don't wanna be a member of your loving church!

*head banged off of shoulders*

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
Vaguely reminds me of this wrongly-forgotten band,,,,,,,,,,,,\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbyOLJtcbWA

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
So the new (last month) Gallows track is pretty sick. Don't think it's been posted yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7cc5pMA0xk

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

MMMCCLI posted:

So the new (last month) Gallows track is pretty sick. Don't think it's been posted yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7cc5pMA0xk

I want to like this, I just like their output with Frank Turner Carter so much more that I can't get into it. I loving love their first two releases, but I don't think I've ever finished their third. I'll give the new one a try when it comes out.

XIII fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 6, 2014

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
They're a totally different band now. Guess you gotta think about it like that. The sound has changed completely.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

They really are, there's no denying it. And I think, with their current lineup, they're a good band. I just have a hard time not going back to the stuff I know and like when I think of them.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

XIII posted:

I want to like this, I just like their output with Frank Turner so much more that I can't get into it. I loving love their first two releases, but I don't think I've ever finished their third. I'll give the new one a try when it comes out.

I did a double take here and remembered that Frank Turner was in hardcore bands before, but you mean Frank Carter.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

I did a double take here and remembered that Frank Turner was in hardcore bands before, but you mean Frank Carter.

Mother fucker, I even pointed this out to myself in my head while I was writing that, but still wrote Turner! But, if you didn't know Frank Turner (for real this time) has a new hardcore project, Mongol Horde, that's pretty drat great.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
New Acacia Strain album is out October 14th, here's a new song (it slays):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGOoBT66lT4&t=60s

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

gently caress me gently caress me gently caress me gently caress me gently caress me gently caress me

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

New Acacia Strain album is out October 14th, here's a new song (it slays):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGOoBT66lT4&t=60s

UUUUAHHHHHH god man. Yeah, look at this... groovy angry poo poo, man....

On an unrelated but also sweet note, new Obey the Brave joint drops September 16th and there's a single (Raise Your Voice) online. Sorry, don't have a handy link on my phone. But it bangs. Go find it.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Wamsutta posted:

UUUUAHHHHHH god man. Yeah, look at this... groovy angry poo poo, man....

On an unrelated but also sweet note, new Obey the Brave joint drops September 16th and there's a single (Raise Your Voice) online. Sorry, don't have a handy link on my phone. But it bangs. Go find it.

Good thing you have me, dudes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LjopkhubzA

Very Hatebreed-esque.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

gently caress Rise Records for requiring that you at least spend $55 on a bundle full of completely unnecessary poo poo just to get the most limited variant of the vinyl. As a huge TAS fan obviously I'd like to own the most collectible vinyl pressing but I do NOT need a loving TAS pillow case or camo shorts. Assholes.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
The new Darkest Hour has been out for a bit now and I have to say I love it, but at the same time I feel like they should have renamed the band to something else. It's been thoroughly Sumerianized, to say the least.

You can still tell it's them, but it's an enormous departure from everything they've done previously - I don't think I knew what John Henry's normal voice actually sounded like prior to this, but I sure do now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXAWAMumvZ8

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I really loved Undoing Ruin and Deliver Us, and enjoyed bits and pieces of their other stuff before and after those two records. That being said, the few songs I listened to from the new record sucked super, super hard. Sounds like 2005 mallcore.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Wamsutta posted:

I really loved Undoing Ruin and Deliver Us, and enjoyed bits and pieces of their other stuff before and after those two records. That being said, the few songs I listened to from the new record sucked super, super hard. Sounds like 2005 mallcore.

I'm treating it as if it's a totally different band because it might as well be

Undoing Ruin is easily in my top 3 -core albums and this one doesn't even come close, but I can still enjoy it for what it is. It's way WAY better than that trainwreck All that Remains released most recently.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

New Darkest Hour sucks poo poo. Let's keep talking about TAS.

On the Rise Records preorder page there's a description for the CD copy that states the first disc is 10 tracks and the second disc is one 28 minute long track. Are we getting a Tactical Nuke pt 2?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

In my brain, All That Remains only put out 3 records and were called back to their home planet immediately after releasing The Fall of Ideals.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

ShoogaSlim posted:

On the Rise Records preorder page there's a description for the CD copy that states the first disc is 10 tracks and the second disc is one 28 minute long track. Are we getting a Tactical Nuke pt 2?

A 3 minute breakdown, followed by 24:55 of silence and then a wild fart to close out the album.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Wamsutta posted:

In my brain, All That Remains only put out 3 records and were called back to their home planet immediately after releasing The Fall of Ideals.

I don't mind Overcome or For We Are Many, but the last one whatever it was called was too much for me

The new Darkest Hour does have some gems though: Rapture in Exile is probably the most like their previous stuff

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Kumbamontu posted:

The new Darkest Hour has been out for a bit now and I have to say I love it, but at the same time I feel like they should have renamed the band to something else. It's been thoroughly Sumerianized, to say the least.

You can still tell it's them, but it's an enormous departure from everything they've done previously - I don't think I knew what John Henry's normal voice actually sounded like prior to this, but I sure do now.

Wamsutta posted:

Kumbamontu posted:

I'm treating it as if it's a totally different band because it might as well be

Undoing Ruin is easily in my top 3 -core albums and this one doesn't even come close, but I can still enjoy it for what it is. It's way WAY better than that trainwreck All that Remains released most recently.

Eh, I've never been the biggest Darkest Hour fan; I've always enjoyed specific tracks throughout their albums but never a whole album. I pretty much feel the same way about this one. There's a few tracks I threw in my playlist, the rest just didn't do much for me.

Wamsutta posted:

Kumbamontu posted:

I don't mind Overcome or For We Are Many, but the last one whatever it was called was too much for me

The new Darkest Hour does have some gems though: Rapture in Exile is probably the most like their previous stuff

I feel the same way on this also. Overcome and FWAM are still pretty good albums, A War You Cannot Win just loving sucked though.

Really, it's not the whole "they've gone soft" thing. I mean Trivium's last album is pretty arena-rock/metalish, and I still like it a lot.

E: God, that Strain song is pretty loving good huh? I'm all for bands moving forward and such, but I'm pretty happy at how it sounds. Almost like a bastard mix of Dead Walk and DITOM.

chocolateTHUNDER fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 12, 2014

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Really, it's not the whole "they've gone soft" thing. I mean Trivium's last album is pretty arena-rock/metalish, and I still like it a lot.

I love Trivium's entire catalog except Vengeance Falls. It took everything they did right with The Crusade and removed everything they did right with In Waves, and what ended up happening was an hour long samey sounding snorefest. VF was easily my #1 biggest disappointment last year.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Kumbamontu posted:

I love Trivium's entire catalog except Vengeance Falls. It took everything they did right with The Crusade and removed everything they did right with In Waves, and what ended up happening was an hour long samey sounding snorefest. VF was easily my #1 biggest disappointment last year.

drat, I couldn't disagree more. I found VF much catchier than anything on In Waves. In Waves to me is probably their most disappointing to me, it felt like some sort of extreme reaction to Shogun's proggy full-on goodness.

Which is funny, because Shogun was an extreme reaction to The Crusade...sometimes Trivium is a hard band to pin down.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

drat, I couldn't disagree more. I found VF much catchier than anything on In Waves. In Waves to me is probably their most disappointing to me, it felt like some sort of extreme reaction to Shogun's proggy full-on goodness.

Which is funny, because Shogun was an extreme reaction to The Crusade...sometimes Trivium is a hard band to pin down.

I may be weird in that Shogun never really caught my attention, and In Waves was one of my favorite releases that year.

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
Finally some TAS I can get behind, my dick has been so loving limp since Continent. Just couldn't get into anything after that.

Re: the vinyl pack, cant you just eBay the rest? Not ideal but better than nothing.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I can understand not being so into DITOM but Wormwood is such a solid album. I've rediscovered how much I love the songs Impaler and Bay of Pigs.

And yeah hopefully some of those bundles are still available next week when I get paid again because I'll definitely buy one and resell the rest of the bullshit.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

So this was just announced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Y3Hc7R_pY

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Too bad Emmure is involved.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

XIII posted:

Too bad Emmure is involved.

I could live with TAS headlining and Emmure as support. TAS opening for the band that only exists by ripping them off is laughable.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Someone at the All Star Tour told me that it was in the works and they would be co-headlining. I don't know if they'll do back to back last spot or just have equal set times or what but it really is all a Twilight Zone like thing going on. I don't mind Emmure too much because I take them for what they are.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Kumbamontu posted:

I'm sort of disappointed with it but DH has such a strong catalog that i don't really mind, after putting out 6 great records in a row i suppose they had to churn out a dud eventually.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Full of Hell just announced a collaboration with...Merzbow.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Guys! Amia Venera Landscape is about to release a new record! They posted a song today, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyBJZKdVrU4

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Misery Signals played Malice last night and closed with Silent Deaths Crowded Lives with the singer of 7a7p. It was loving incredible.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

So, I guess I'm a bad person, but I'm on board with the new Darkest Hour. That might just be because I'm pretty much on board with anything Travis Orbin is a part of. Dude is a killer drummer.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

XIII posted:

So, I guess I'm a bad person, but I'm on board with the new Darkest Hour. That might just be because I'm pretty much on board with anything Travis Orbin is a part of. Dude is a killer drummer.

It's like every other darkest hour album to me. I dig some tracks, but the others are just bleh. I've never really been a big darkest hour fan though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

XIII posted:

I'm loving it as well. Anti-axis is one of my favorite songs of theirs now, and the solo near the end of Futurist (despite the rest of it being some real emo sounding radio rock) is :swoon: