Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Has anyone heard of Rafflesia? Aversionline posted two songs by them awhile back, and they rule really loving hard. Does anyone have the album that can comment on how it is overall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Can someone explain to me whats supposed to make God Forbid good?

Nothing, they aren't

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Cock Soup posted:

Simply the type of riffing. Technically, it would be "Dark Metal" which is an obscure genre of which At The Gates was the leader. But nowadays, the name has more or less disapeared (go figure :rolleyes:) and people think that the type of riffing typical to Metalcore/Deathcore originated with the genre.

uuuuuuh

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Eight Is Legend posted:

I guess this is the thread to discuss the new He Is Legend record, "It Hates You" - which fuckin' kicks rear end. The intro riff on "That's Nasty" is so mean, bordering on drone-ish.

Woah, this rules

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Business Raptor posted:

My roommate, although not fifteen, is very religious and I find him listening to songs with lyrics about punishing Athiests and loving Jesus.

you should post some lyrics because this sounds hilarious

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Yeah, I used to love Stick To Your Guns because their first album was loving awesomely composed hard/metalcore but the new album was, besides a few highlight moments, a disappointingly sheepish direction for them to go in, despite their "gently caress YOU I BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE!!!" attitude.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Century Media during their clearance sale and as a thank you the sent me their second CD for free. It still had the ten dollar hot topic price tag on it and everything.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
I really wish 7A7P would get back together because they're top loving notch

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Buried Inside is loving amazing

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Pretty good stuff

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

ShoogaSlim posted:

http://www.vogelisms.com/ (keep hitting refresh)

ahahahahaa

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
New For the Fallen Dreams drops tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Eight Is Legend posted:

Which other metalcore-ish bands do you think use Southern riffs? Personally I can only come up with Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, The Holly Springs Disaster and Dead and Divine.

This is from a bit back but He Is Legend have a real southern vibe on It Hates You.