Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I didn't think I had any pictures of my old cat, but I'm home for the holidays and helping my parents move around a bunch of old digital camera photos and what should I find but a single solitary picture of the old fat furry monster? :3:

That towel he's sleeping on was placed directly over some of his vomit that we cleaned up. They always return to the scene of the crime!

R.I.P. Stormy, you had a good fifteen-year run, and even though it's been four years now I still think I see you out of the corner of my eye once in a while when I'm home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wilbur is 11 months old now, and he has grown up to be a handsome, smug little fucker:

Though sometimes he plays at being bashful when he is uncertain of the situation:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Here's my dog Bogie. He passed away about an hour ago due to some heart complications during emergency gallbladder surgery. He was the best friend I ever had and taught me how loving and loyal animals can be. He brought out the best in me. Plopping my fat rear end on the couch to watch football will never be the same.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Cat ready to be mailed.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

This doofus is Murray the genetically sparse Boston Terrier

He has 1 blue eye and 2 brown eyes...

He looks like a strange alien human hybrid when he stands on his back legs...

He snores like a machine and when he wakes up his tongue is dry as a chip....

He is an absolutely incredibly mate who has supported me through 3 years of my life with his clown like antics.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
This is Sir Oliver Quigley III, Esq., also known as Quiggs. He's an rear end in a top hat.

Shits with his head out of the litterbox and never buries it, so it stinks up the house for half an hour after he finishes. He likes to sit like this.

He's secretly my favorite though.

Toddy Tater here is pretty, but God, he's dumb. Indoors cat and yet he's bolted twice in the last month when the side door got opened. Usually he sits on the window seat, in me and my fiancée's bed, or on the arm of the couch when I'm out there.

Lillie is my future mother-in-law's. She's bipolar and often a bitch, but when she wants to be snuggly, she can be.

She also likes to sniff lamps. I don't fuckin' know.

Finally we have Callie, also my future mother-in-law's. Didn't trust me when I first moved in, but now she loves to say hi to me and will nip at me for pets and scratchies.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

My wife and I got a mother-son pair of Siberians in August.

This is Belle. She was two and a half years old when we got her. She's very much a diva.

This is Figaro. He was 13 weeks old when get got him. He is curious and retarded.

Plotting my demise.

As I said, a diva.

This is about two months after we got the cats. I like to thing Figgy keeps the floor clean with his broom of a tail.

Sushi-cat wants to go outside.

I think he thought they were balls to fetch.

Figs loves water. Sometimes he'll hop in the shower with you to check out what's going on and splash about.

She likes to watch us make food.

Watching the first snowfall of the year.

Belle in her favorite box and sporting her winter coat.

Figaro is still a momma's boy.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Daddy you were gone for five minutes omg love us and never leave again

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Please Warden, I am really sorry for stabbing all those people. Please let me go free?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pastor of muppets
Aug 21, 2007

We were somewhere around the Living Hive, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Layla, posing in front of her portrait.

:frog:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Back in November I got Neon, the Havanese puppy who, since then, has been both the best (and cutest) dog in the world and also an exhausting and frustrating hell-demon but I wouldn't trade him for any other dog :3:

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
It's a dog!

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Cohen is majestic and elegant always.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
Hello, what do you think, can I use people's pictures of their pets from this thread for a project (not sexual in any way)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

dogcrash truther posted:

Hello, what do you think, can I use people's pictures of their pets from this thread for a project (not sexual in any way)

If you want to use Harriet photos, go ahwead. PM if you want more.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

I'm normally pretty happy to share photos. Can't speak for others though.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

I have recently acquired a master of stealth, here are a few images as proof.

Who can catch things

Took him a while to come out from under the bed, he is now fond of the top of it.

He is also very affectionate and does this a lot, except to my hand.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

RIP Norah, 5.5 years but FeLV positive and finally caught up with her. She was a lovely cat.

Her buddy Xena (who doesn't have the virus and remains in great health):

And our new addition Xander (11m/o abandoned cat from the shelter):

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Steezo posted:

I have recently acquired a master of stealth, here are a few images as proof.

I, too, have a hide and seek champion

Who also does not understand how beds work.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

All I want is love, all the love forever and ever, from everyone, never stop loving me

If I look adorable and stay on my best behavior maybe I can lure you in, then I can immediately flop over and demand nonstop belly rubs til the end of time

Edit to add bonus pic. After dogsitting Joker for 2 weeks, it was time to bathe and floof up the doges. This is them resting after a hard day of playing and grooming:

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 6, 2015

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic
This is my year-old pug, Frodo:

Pugs are definitely the abominations of the dog world, but he's a really friendly, fun little dude and the only person I know who doesn't like him is my dog-hating grandfather. He's got a face like a twisted sandshoe, but he brightens up my day.

He is also very easily distracted. Getting him to look at the camera has been a struggle since day one.

He shares the house with my 3 year-old cat Ringo, who is a prissy motherfucker and refuses to eat cat food that is not fish-based, or to poo poo on any kind of litter except for the silica crystal kind. Ringo isn't as constantly affectionate as Frodo, but he still loves a scritch and is an incredibly chill cat. He sits on my lap occasionally when it's cold, but for the most part he sits atop his scratching post or on the couch and judges you.

Frodo enjoys wrestling with Ringo, and Ringo will definitely bait him into it at times. They can get pretty rough, but neither has ever been injured and since Ringo has several scratching posts + plenty of other high places to escape to when he's had enough, they get along pretty well overall.

Bonus: My mum's Wire-haired Pointer/Blue Heeler, Póg. They got her from a friend whose pointer had an unexpected litter with the neighbour's heeler. Originally my parents also had her sister, Madra (literally means 'dog' in Irish - dad is from Dublin originally and loves explaining their names), but they fought so much that Póg ended up at the vet with puncture wounds and lacerations, so Madra now lives on a farm with a different family and is now called Bella.

I wish I could capture the size of this dog, she's like a goddamn horse. She's only a year old and she's already decently bigger than her mother, around 80cm at the shoulders, and her paws are still huge so she might grow even more. Thanks to her parentage she's whip-smart, and despite being part heeler she's the sweetest dog. Her eyebrows require regular trimming to keep them out of her eyes.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I adopted this sweet girl about two months ago now, meet Reilly:

She loves to run and cuddle and has the most expressive eyebrows in the whole world. Also she sings to me when I'm getting my running gear on in the morning, it's the best.

NeurosisHead fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Feb 23, 2015

Kmlkmljkl
Sep 21, 2014

AT NIGHT I GET SO LONELY I JERK IT FURIOUSLY TO THE SIMS
Here's a pic of my little fatty Twister sleeping

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I was uploading some images to imgur to show my dog to a friend who lives far away and thought to myself "the internet deserves to see my amazingly stupid animal"

Bringing home dog from shelter. She wouldn't leave the couch for a week except to eat.

Something is wrong with her though we think

She just fukken loves this chair

When you pay 1k+ to fix a torn cruciate ligament the least you could do is suffer a cone for a week

Comfy?

Of course you are

Happy early St. Patty's day!

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?
I am proud of our pooch. She's a ....9...ish...year old SBT cross (not sure what she's crossed with but it definitely had ears) who makes a godawful racket when she wants something or is in the car or is happy to see you or is awake. Yup, she's a staffie...slowly training her to be a little calmer and she's found her woof after a week and a half with us. She was in a shelter from roughly September 2013 until 14th February this year with no-one at all wanting to take her away. There were loads of other dogs just as deserving (or more so) of a home, but we went for the oldest dog they had so that even if she only has another couple of years in her, they're going to be happy years spent in a house with a garden and lots of walks instead of a tiled cage.

This is Wraggler at the shelter looking very sorry for herself

A few days later and she was whinging because she wanted a treat (please note this has not yet stopped)

Today when told she'd be going for a walk soon

After the walk because she's an fat old lady who isn't used to exercise (much like me)

She's eating all her food now (slowly, but she eats it and doesn't have to be bribed with ham hidden in it any more) and widdling outside instead of in the kitchen. We even had a dry night last night, may it be the first of many!

Crimsonking82
Jan 7, 2015

Best Thing I got Out of my divorce, my boy Castiel, Cass for short. He is a life saver.

Pear-Drop
Mar 14, 2015

It's anime not animes you baka.
This is my lovely Betty bean, she just turned five this year and she's a diva.

She likes fluffy things so she'll often be found rolling around on this rug.

She sniffs.

I was quite proud of my photography skills here though I'll never reach this level of decency ever again.

Crimbo Hardstyle
Apr 23, 2006

HISS
This is my roommate's cat Cici. She's kind of a fat idiot who loves plastic bags and never stops meowing.

Oh and also boxes.

This is my new addition who just came home with me yesterday. She was called Coco by the shelter, but is now Coconuts instead.

First she hid under the bed.

Then she calmed down a bit and let me pet her from under there.

Then after a while she came out on her own and got super friendly and affectionate and is cute as heck (and also a little crosseyed).

painted bird
Oct 18, 2013

by Lowtax
I see a distinct lack of birds in this thread.

Meet Hubris and Gnosis. They're still babies (only about 5 or 6 months) and still pretty shy, but they're slowly warming up to us.

Dust Radio
Feb 13, 2012

My two; Mobil and Turbo

Sometimes, they stop moving:

Dust Radio fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 18, 2015

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

I have an occasional problem. He keeps hitting function keys.

This is totally not a trap guys, totally.

Except for when it is and hope you didn't need that arm for anything.

And here's Thomas making it hard to use a camera.

That's all for now. He's settled in pretty well and is even growing back the fluff from where he had some really bad knots in his fur when he first came in. Though I like his predecessor I think he has two settings, winter coat and winter coat.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
My cat:

She has weird ideas about relaxing. Just look how she sleeps:

Wurst.txt

Taking over the bed

Accident waiting to happen

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Linus is happy about spring's arrival.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Very rare occurrence. While they get along, the dog can have issues and growls at the cat if he sniffs to close to her.

edit: resized. Didn't realize my crappy cell phone camera was taking pictures at that rez (3264x2448).

Danith fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 17, 2015

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug
Here's my cat sleeping like a weirdo on the back of my couch:

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
here's a vid of me feeding my bloodworm "Lips", rescued him from a swamp. vet says he's not even full grown yet...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=66a_1429040766

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Good morning Fiona

Ushi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
This is Lucy, my 16yr old Jack Russell cross Red Cattle Dog.

She has been at the Vet since Friday morning with breathing problems due to her heart murmur.

I have been anxious and dreading every phone call since.

Sorry for the crappy pics, she doesn't like having her photo taken.

• Locked thread