Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My parents adopted Toby from a shelter in 1998. I got a call from my mom today and they had to put him down this morning, his kidneys have been failing him for a year or two and it just got to be too much. I was home for Easter last weekend and he looked real rough, but he managed to say hello while I was there. My dad dug a hole in the backyard and laid him to rest next to Oliver, our cat before we got Toby :gbsmith:

He was A Good Kitty, and even though I haven't really lived at my parents' place in the last seven or eight years I will still miss him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorkounov
Apr 23, 2014
Here's my cute fat cat who's name was actually at one point named F***face but we later decided Stashko would be better.

As lazy and clueless as he is I will always love this guy.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Don't let the bowtie fool you. He can be a real rear end in a top hat.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Squirrel vs. Ducks Staredown
by meramsey, on Flickr

Some ducks have been hanging out in my backyard, and my cat Squirrel desperately wants at them.

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

meatay posted:

My White GSD Tundra:

That is a beautiful beautiful doggie. :D

Here's my old queen Morgaine. She rules the house, hides in boxes and follows my mom around like a dog.

Here she is, enjoying the sun and a scratch.

Downhome
Jul 5, 2012

A week ago, last Saturday we adopted Betty, a now 8 week old Boston Terrier puppy. My wife and I have been married for around two and a half years now. Our first pet was Clancy, now two years old, our Siberian Forrest cat. I started a thread on here about him a while back.

Instead of waiting to introduce the two like I've seen so many recommend we went ahead and did it almost as soon as we brought her home and it went perfectly. Clancy is an awesome cat and never gives us a single problem, so we were pretty sure he would be cool. Betty weighed 4.5 pounds at the vet last week, Clancy is 15, so he's much larger than her for the time being.

She is seemingly already sleeping all night long in the crate without whining, crying, barking, or even going potty without letting us know. The first two or three nights was a nightmare, getting me up almost every single hour. I didn't even think a puppy could hold it all night, like physically couldn't hold it. Is this something I should be worried about it or is it possible that this is normal? It has been three or four nights in a row now where she has slept all night, then when we wake up around 7am she is either still asleep or just laying in there being quiet playing or chewing on her chew bone.

Here are a few more pictures...

Our routine is to wake up, take her out of the crate, straight to outside to pee and poo. After that we come back in and I put her in the little playpen area that I posted a picture of earlier and feed and water her while I get ready, go to bathroom, normal morning stuff. Once I'm done with what I need to take care of I take her out of the pen and let her run around our open floorplan kitchen/dining/living room. During that time our cat Clancy does most of the work, they chase one another around and around. I watch her like a freakin' hawk during that time. If I see any signs at all that she may pee I pick her up and place her on the indoors pee pad. After they play for a while I put her back in the pen where she usually pees on the pee pad and then goes to sleep for at least an hour, sometimes a few hours.

Once she wakes up I instantly take her back outside to go potty. We linger a bit longer outside and walk around the yard. By this point it's around lunch time. It's back in the pen and if it's around 12 or 1 I feed and water her a bit more. Once done it's back out to potty, then back inside to play for a bit, then back to the pen to sleep for a few hours. Later on around 7 or so when my wife gets home we feed her again. We usually take her food and water up so she can't have anymore at around 8pm. Then it's back out to potty, back inside. She goes back to the pen to sleep for a while while we eat and stuff. Once we are done my wife grabs her and holds her for a while since she hasn't seen her all day, then we wake her up for more Clancy play time for a while. Right after that it's back outside to potty and then back inside and if we have timed it right we're ready for bed and she goes into the crate that is on my side of the bed where she will sleep all night until the next morning where this all starts over again in around 7 hours.

My last day at my job of the last 7 years was this last Friday, the day before we got her, so this all worked out perfectly in terms of timing. I have no clue how you can get a puppy like this and have a full time job. How in the world do people do it? Are we going too overboard with how we are setting up her routine? I'm not even sure what we will do when I find a job. Luckily the one I'm talking to at the time is one where I'll be on my own and can set my own hours, and when I am working I'll be driving around town a lot so I could technically take her with me during the day. I hope to God that one works out!

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
Just wanted an excuse to post this. She climbed in on her own accord. She's a bit special; her mother suffered from some noticeable behaviour change when she fell off the top of the TV and cut her head open :( not sure that this is hereditary though but it does explain a lot

Acqua di Joe
Nov 15, 2013

This is Dieter, my freaky little friend. He's my first pedigreed pet and the nicest cat I've ever met, hands down.

He is a recently retired stud who has gone from being nearby kittens and hormonal queens in his old cattery to being the only cat-baby in our two-millenial household. I did my research on Cornish Rexes before adopting Dieter; he's everything I'd hoped he would be - energetic, clever and incredibly talkative. That said, the plan was always to get two cats to help fulfill each other's need for feline socialization. I'm so pleased with my experience thus far with Dieter that I've decided to get his companion from the same breeder.

Hopefully this little girl will be coming home with me next week!

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/2IodBbc.jpg?1][/timg]

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Edit: Sorry, wrong thread.

Downhome
Jul 5, 2012
I took both Clancy and Betty for a walk today for the first time together...

Lobster F. Wheel
Jul 21, 2006
A seafaring doctor trained to be a sniper and an acupuncturist.
I've posted pictures of Lear, on the right, in here before, I've had him for like three and a half years. The lab on the left, who I'm calling Môlsem, showed up on my porch a few weeks ago and since nobody seems interested in claiming him, I'm just gonna adopt him.

Lobster F. Wheel fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 6, 2014

Downhome
Jul 5, 2012
Betty sure is growing fast. This is the difference in just 10 days, her ears are almost standing straight up already...

And a few other shots from tonight...

Sixx Spades
Aug 16, 2013

This is my housecat named Cleo. We got her about two years ago as a Christmas present from my sister. It was a large adjustment getting used to having a cat in the house as we previously only had cats living out in the garage, but she's learned her boundaries and we know what to keep out of the cat's reach lest we end up with laundry getting pissed on (she thinks a wet towel is an invitation :iiam: ). A bit shy around new people, she comes out to cuddle and eat my hair when I'm sleeping, sitting at the computer, or relaxing on the couch in the living room. She'll also sleep on my stomach at night, which I find absolutely adorable and don't mind her doing.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
Daisy can be impossibly cute sometimes.

I apologize for the borders and effects on the image, my girlfriend took it earlier this week, but it's probably the best picture anybody's gotten of Daisy yet.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Penny got a big brother today. It's Gordon!

Well, he's just a few weeks older than her we figure.

He's being a good big brother and tolerating her shenanigans.. for now.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

This is Cid. He was super excited when I got home last night and didn't poop anywhere!

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Our 8 year old (approx - she was rescued as an adult with no records) Great Pyrenees girl, and our 3 month old Bernese boy. Just starting to bond.

GODS NOT REAL
Sep 25, 2012

YOU STUPID BUNNIES
"I am going to piss on your slippers."

He's called Winston, 11 weeks old.

Spug
Dec 10, 2006

Then turn not pale, beloved snail, but come and join the dance.
My 9 year old dachshund Masja

She has a nicer beard than I do

She enjoys coming to the office

She used to have her own cardboard box with a comforter (now she has a real dog bed but she still jumps into all cardboard boxes we leave lying around)

Spug fucked around with this message at 10:37 on May 28, 2014

kittycopter
May 29, 2014

Don't worry,
he soars above us...
Soma

Kittens! The two orange ones are Scar & Mufasa, and the two black ones are Ash & Jezebel.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
This is JoJo:

She's Great Pyrenees/Anatolian mix, and she's about four months old.

She's as adorable as a button. :3:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
My pup-pup Buddy

Today we went to the park and a special needs class was there and he was very good with letting them pet him, even if they were a bit rough.

snowberker
Dec 30, 2012
This is Korben, she's lovable and energetic.

And this is her mushing with my brother.

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
I present the "Give me that Dorito" staredown:

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
puppy hurt her paw, i disinfected and put anti-inflammatory ointment on and wrapped her paw in a sock

cbservo
Dec 26, 2009

by exmarx
So my wife and I just added a 5 year old mix (we have no idea what she is) to our family.

Her name is Eva, and she's a sweetheart. Lazy, friendly, extremly well behaved.

Merlyn, our 5 year old Russian Blue, is tolerant as long as she recognizes who's boss.

Arthur, our 2 year old attention whore cat, is finding out first hand what it means when a bigger animal wants to play.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoRdbsZmLac

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
Caught a rare moment where my cats actually showed they give a poo poo about each other.

I love you!

Feels Good

Oh! I've been spotted!

Act disinterested!

It's not working! Deploy tummy distraction!

:3:

iwannarox
Jun 27, 2014

G o a t <3
I have two dogs! They're both dorks.

This is Zelda:

This is Miele:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
My sweet little cat:

I've no idea how she does this without slipping off.

This looks more sensible only because she woke up before I could take a picture with her half hanging down.

This picture is one of the few close-ups I have. I took it just after I got her. She had some serious health troubles back then and was far too thin and light. Nowadays she's back to normal, more or less.

Edit:

In hindsight I think I should take more pictures with my new mobile. The old one had an awful camera, like you can see above. :v:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Pepper loves her supervised outside trips. :3:

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Picked up Miss Penny from the vet.

She is either telling me to stop granny shifting and double clutch or to slow the hell down

That dog has the sweetest face :3:

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 3, 2014

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
slutshaming my dog itt

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I was able to visit my parents for the holiday, including our family cat who is now about sixteen years old and becoming quite sedentary. Pictured in a rare moment of having enough energy to perk his head up.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
After much hinting and eventual pleading, the boyfriend and I decided it was time to get ourselves a cat.

This is Tali, she'll be 3 months on Wednesday, we've barely had her 18 hours and I'm already so in love with her. This is my first cat, so I was slightly unprepared for her energy.

This was how she spent a good portion of her first night in her forever home. The other time was split between crawling on my boyfriend's head to get to the window ledge on his side of the bed, kneading his butt and back until they were sufficiently mushed for her to sleep on, and standing on his chest, staring at his face.

I'm thinking she'll always be a blur in pictures, I don't think she was still for ten seconds, besides her time in her litter box.

I can't wait to get a real camera next month and take a million pictures of her as she grows.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I appear to have acquired a doge:

Not actually picking him up for two more weeks, by which time he'll be 12 weeks old:

Uff, Ringo! His name is Ringo :P

Torquemada fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 10, 2014

mollygos
May 9, 2013

heat death of the universe
Sleepy Westie puppy is cute as gently caress

Her name is Rosie. <3

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Here are my three dogs, each with a completely different character.

First up is Noelia, the grumpy fat one.

2014 05 27 Noe by MedievalMedic, on Flickr

Then Dahlia, the really sweet but dumb klutz.

20140626 Dahlia_ by MedievalMedic, on Flickr

And finally Julieta, a whole lot of energy in a bite sized package. Also really photogenic.

20140626 Julieta_ by MedievalMedic, on Flickr

The Booty
Jul 18, 2014

Sweet niblets
dog

The Booty fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aol keyword party
Sep 27, 2005

you can find a pleasure of shooting prolific amounts of pictures,
I can't remember if I've ever posted in this thread or not, but here are my Bostons... Red one is Sweet Dreams, black one is Bee. They are both total idiots but somehow magically photogenic. As soon as the phone or camera comes out, they pose themselves as seen here

• Locked thread