Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DizzyKitten
Jan 6, 2008

One of my favorite things about the Internet is that I get to go into the private world of real creeps without having to smell them.

Hello everybody, my name's Woody. I'm a 16 month old Border Terrier/Jack Russell cross.

The first six months of my life were spent in an abusive house. In fact, when my second lot of owners picked me up from my first owners, I had a broken tail, a bruised spine and a deeply embedded fear of men.

I was riddled with fleas, starved and had been so badly treated and neglected that I had no idea how to play. At all.

I stayed with my new family for a year, but their work schedule was just too hectic. I'd get 15 minutes of walks in the morning, then be locked in the observatory for 8 hours a day until they got home. They were lovely people, just not right for me - so they put up an advert looking for a new human.

My third and final owner (DizzyKitten) came to pick me up last Friday. We hit it off straight away (she'd been to visit a couple of other dogs before me, and they hadn't been the right fit) and so I headed home with her and her friends.

On the journey home with my new best mate Dexter, who belongs to DizzyKitten's best friend. I hadn't been in a car for more than 10 minutes before, and this was a 3 hour journey. I was more than a little on edge, and kept trying to climb out of the window.

I settled in really well right away.

There's still a few issues I need ironing out; I can't be let off the lead because I bolt for the horizon (in fact I nearly died on Sunday when I escaped and almost ran into a main road). Training me is really hard work, as neither praise nor food act as incentives for me. I also have a couple of issues when it comes to meeting other dogs - I bark and can sometimes snap.

I have my first 1-1 training class on Saturday, so hopefully that will be a step in the right direction. I'll also be going to the V.E.T.S for something called 'neutering'. No idea what that is, but it sounds fun!

Instead of being left at home every day, I'm allowed to hang out with DizzyKitten in her office, where I spend my time snoozing quietly. I get a 40 minute walk before work, a 50 minute walk at lunch, and a couple of hours walk in the evening. I'm happily exhausted come bed time!

Oh, and guess what? Even though I've only been here for 5 days, I've learnt how to play. This is me with my favourite toy EVER.

Bonus video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahUUToc5csE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
Fatty no chin!

He's the absolute worst when it comes to getting everyone up at the rear end crack of dawn. Daylight Savings Time is hell.

He does tricks like roll over, shake hands, gives kisses, and "give me money" where he does the lucky cat paw thing. Doing so nets him both treats and attention which he loving loves.

Zuhzuhzombie!! fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 26, 2014

legasaurusrex
Jun 12, 2014

All my pictures on my phone I realized are pictures of my dog and I'm ok with that. This is my sweet pit/lab mix.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Out of nowhere, my dog suddenly decided he wanted to be photogenic:

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
Yesterday marked one year of working at an animal shelter for me. Naturally you have to bring some animals home. These are the two I kept.

Nosferatu - 7 year old tuxedo Manx - AKA Mr. Nose, giant monster cat

The Beautiful and Talented Asian Face - 2.5 year old DSH. I usually call her Asia or Yan Yan

When I started working I was so deadset on getting a dog. That was my dream before starting and I thought it was a good chance to make it happen. Meh. Cats are pretty fuckin' alright too.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

She is the prettiest princess.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

RIP Kit. You were a good cat.

Was hit by a car last night.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Tali takes selfies.

And has a love/hate relationship with belly scratches.

She hogs my lightbox.

And loves FFXIV.

jemsy
May 27, 2010

DOG EATS APPLE
:3:
Added this three-legged nutcase to the family a few weeks ago. Her name is Gertrude (sometimes Trudy, usually Gertie).

She runs around the house trilling at everything. She's very curious and loves the bathroom. Particularly the rug in front of the toilet, and if she's sleeping there, she will not move to accommodate any feet.

Here she is hamming it up a bit.

She's only 1.5 yrs, so she still has quite a bit of kitten. My 5-yr-old Noah seems calm in comparison (a first, for him). They're not best friends yet, but they definitely tolerate each others' presence.

I was gone for two days this weekend and one of them hacked up a hairball on the bed and the other one pooped in the bathtub so thanks cats! :catstare:

BONUS: here's Noah looking really pissed about the commissioned artwork my cousin did.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Adopted Oliver on Saturday.

Before adoption:

After adoption:

Little bastard already knows he's found the gravy train.

Poopy
Jul 31, 2010
Here are my furbutts:
This is Meeka, aka Princess Bitchface, as she is a princess, and has chronic bitchface. She likes to sleep near faces and/or heaters, and dislikes our kitten.

This is Monsta, who as seen here, likes to stare at people while they pee. He was a wildcat abandoned as a kitten, found at the theatre my partner managed at the time, and taken in. He is a very loving, gentle cat, the only thing he has retained of his wildcat genes is food aggression and his fairly large size.

And finally, Mouse. She is a 2 year old kitten and is naughty as gently caress, as kittens will be.

One of my partners implemented a "no more cats than people in the house" rule, otherwise we'd have a fourth :(
And we didn't name Mouse, she was given the name by the shelter people, and when we found out her name we decided it was a sign that she had an "M"name (also that we really wanted another cat).

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
This is the face of Autism.

No Ticket
Jul 20, 2007
Here's my boy Dexter. He'll be 2 in November.

biggest platypus
Mar 10, 2014
This is Tumbles! She's my brand new 9-week-old corgi pup, came home yesterday. Turns out reading the new dog thread for several months doesn't actually make the first 24 hours EASY, but I think things are going ok-ish :) She and I are both incredibly sleepy though!

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Buddy is my 7 month old pup and he is the best dog in the whole wide world.

Edit: ^^^ that dog is pretty good though

God Over Djinn
Jan 17, 2005

onwards and upwards

Bruce!

D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014
Meet Justice. He is a Catahoula. He is a nightmare.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Who looks like he'd love a big hamburger? This guy.

Austin is handsome.

Windy
Feb 8, 2004

I adopted Darwin from a shelter in December. When I saw this photo I knew I had to get him. Look at that little tongue! As a puppy he was larger than my cat but weighed less - only 12 pounds.

They said he was a lab/Newfie mix, but he's too small for a Newf. Currently 42 pounds and he will be a year old next month.

We spent years studying up and preparing ourselves for a Newfoundland, but I think we lucked out with a pretty chill lab who doesn't drool everywhere. However, nothing I read really prepared us for when he separated his growth plate while playing and had to spend 3 months on restricted movement. Try telling a puppy not to play! He also used to throw up every time he was in the car which was really awesome with all those trips to the vets.

Now he's tolerant of car rides, socializing at the dog park and working toward his CGC. Best rescue friend ever :3:

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

(just before a groom, hence the dirty paws!)

Prism Mirror Lens fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Oct 7, 2014

KittySpinEcho
Jun 8, 2013

Be bear aware!

Alfred the puppy and Puddles the kitty hanging out after a long day of playing. These two are BPF, best pets forever. :allears:

Alfred is such a dorky little clown dog. He is just a pup in this pic, born Jan 10th 2014.

Puddles lounging on his perch in the office. He loves to take naps up here and it is an easy hop down from there, to his second favorite spot, my keyboard.

Looking as regal as ever. Solid gold.

Channeling the spirit of Patrick Stewart, in the forest down by the river.

This dog loves the camera... Or maybe I`m just obsessed with taking pictures of him.

The teenage years. Look at those long, lanky legs. Turns out Alfred is quite the camping dog and loves to go for a run with the quad.

Hide and go seek with Squirrely Herman.

Here he is, my handsome butler dog, age 8 months. He knows some sweet tricks too. I say én garde and he will bow, hold it and then leap up into the air when I release him. I taught him another ridiculous trick where I say, "Did you fart?" and he puts his paw on his muzzle and looks really embarrassed. It also works with "Do you shop at Wal-Mart?".

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
This is Gooch the Pooch. He's three years old. We got him from a local no-kill shelter who had had him for 16 months. He was about to be used as a bait dog in a North Carolina fighting ring when they got raided. At our house he gets a giant crate with a serta mattress, along with our big, fun backyard. One of our cats will let him lick her for a few seconds before she throws him a hiss and he backs off. The other one is standoffish, but he's determined to win her over. Gooch makes friends everywhere we take him. He sleeps next to my wife when I'm working nights and helps her feel safe. Despite him being a big wuss when any other dog is around, I have no doubt he would sacrifice himself to protect her if someone broke in. He is the best dog.

I took the first picture when he came with us to visit my parents at their house in the Outer Banks. My mother has never been a big fan of dogs, but he won her over with his gentlemanly demeanor. Now he's always welcome to come with us, which blows my siblings' minds.

Problem, officer?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

I took this picture when I first met my cat, Natty Bumppo.

I was sitting on the porch at my old house and he jumped on my lap out of nowhere. Started purring and rubbing his head on my face. He was about a year old, fixed, and loved people; but was really skinny, and had been in some fights (see scratch on nose). Then he wanted to come inside really badly, so I figured he had been abandoned or something. I fed him an egg, water, and some no salt added tuna; so he became a regular visitor. I asked some neighbors about him, some had fed him and all figured he was a stray. I took him to the vet where he got dewormed, oil change, spark plugs, p.much the full tune up.

A week after I decided he was my new indoor/outdoor orange mackerel, some signs went up around the neighborhood. Turns out he was owned by two young college people renting a home. We had an amicable discussion about his condition and what I had done for him, and how they had never had a cat before and weren't really prepared for it, so they pretty much thanked me for taking the cat in and let me keep him.

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Windy posted:

I adopted Darwin from a shelter in December. When I saw this photo I knew I had to get him. Look at that little tongue! As a puppy he was larger than my cat but weighed less - only 12 pounds.

They said he was a lab/Newfie mix, but he's too small for a Newf. Currently 42 pounds and he will be a year old next month.

We spent years studying up and preparing ourselves for a Newfoundland, but I think we lucked out with a pretty chill lab who doesn't drool everywhere. However, nothing I read really prepared us for when he separated his growth plate while playing and had to spend 3 months on restricted movement. Try telling a puppy not to play! He also used to throw up every time he was in the car which was really awesome with all those trips to the vets.

Now he's tolerant of car rides, socializing at the dog park and working toward his CGC. Best rescue friend ever :3:

Have you had a look at pictures of flat coated retrievers? I always thought they were ridiculously rare but I guess they are getting more popular.

(not my dog)
They are most likely descended from Newfs and some kind of herding dog is my understanding.

My dog is a mixture of bad and energy and occasional cuteness

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
FCR are pretty popular here in the northwest at least, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was one, looks like it.

Aiko

:3:

Windy
Feb 8, 2004

Queen Elizatits posted:

Have you had a look at pictures of flat coated retrievers? I always thought they were ridiculously rare but I guess they are getting more popular.

(not my dog)
They are most likely descended from Newfs and some kind of herding dog is my understanding.

Darwin definitely has an annoying double coat and had the llama fluff of a Newfoundland puppy. I wish I had known his mom, but I was told she was a chocolate lab. I wonder if maybe she was part flat-coated retriever after looking at photos of them. :iiam:

He turned one last week so I made him a birthday hat. You can see that he was just loving it.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Knubbs.

He's an 18 year old Manx we adopted a year an a half ago. He's quite old and small and his coat is thinning, so I bought him a hoodie. It arrived today.

hannahlayne
Jul 28, 2014
My little baby long haired Syrian hamster

His name is Renly and has way too much hair

hannahlayne fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 16, 2014

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

hannahlayne posted:

My little baby long haired Syrian hamster

His name is Renly and has way too much hair

Renly! So cute

This is Socky and she likes to watch me poop then complain that I'm not petting her enough.

She can also look cute if she wants to, especially when she has to sleep on me:

Kmlkmljkl
Sep 21, 2014

AT NIGHT I GET SO LONELY I JERK IT FURIOUSLY TO THE SIMS
These are my hamsters, Fleur, and Woody (posted in that order):

They're eating in both images because I can't get a good picture if they don't eat. They will not sit still.

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014

This is Molly, she's a European shorthair and about the only kitten I have seen that is so laid back that she is quite content to walk alongside my dog without so much as a hiss.

Bean Head fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 22, 2014

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

I'll deal with the heart disease and diabetes as long as my fat gut continues to make a good dog bed for Tucker.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

KittySpinEcho posted:

This dog loves the camera... Or maybe I`m just obsessed with taking pictures of him.

Here he is, my handsome butler dog, age 8 months. He knows some sweet tricks too. I say én garde and he will bow, hold it and then leap up into the air when I release him. I taught him another ridiculous trick where I say, "Did you fart?" and he puts his paw on his muzzle and looks really embarrassed. It also works with "Do you shop at Wal-Mart?".

drat that's a great pic, what's that mountain formation in the back left? Nice Walmart joke too.

My guy wasn't worried about the Seahawks ot today

He's a shih tzu I sorta inherited from my sister because her 10 year old daughters weren't responsible enough, and I fell in love with him. He mostly sleeps and avoids water, but he's not totally a cat inside, he still barks a bit when he hears neighbor dogs, and he loves snuggling up with babies to protect them.

He gets a bit too scratchy once or twice a year, but the vet gives him some steroid pills for a week and it clears up. Still dunno what causes it since I give him the anti-flea monthly drop stuff on his skin.

embykins
Jul 4, 2009
This is Pancake.

She loved to sunbathe in the window, nap on documents, and roll around on the kitchen floor in anticipation of handouts anytime the oven was on. She didn’t “get” normal cat toys, but christened all our pens and pencils with cat drool and stamped every eraser with a single tooth. At five pounds, she was half the size of our other cat Sherbert. She was petite with a fickle palate; her only unwavering affection for food was bbq ribs. She was as gentle as she was fragile, never raising a paw to another animal, not even a bug.

Yesterday morning, my husband and I had her put to sleep to relieve her of the seemingly constant agony and immobility that arthritis had caused. In her thirteen years, she taught us about patience and loyalty. Our hearts are heavy, but we are so grateful to have had her in our life.

TeodorMorozov
May 27, 2013

This was Ko-shka.

begining

3 months

conquest of the wardrobe

tasty

2 years

5 years

wardrobe is fully conquered

10 years

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

Sisters.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My cousin's pets, but they treat me like part of the family and instantly knew who I was when I walked in this past weekend even though I haven't seen them since they were a few weeks old. Oliver and Luna, two sibling Great Pyrenees puppies. 100 pounds each and still growing! They're incredibly loving, gentle, and protective. Whenever they feel you're threatened or in danger(such as when I sneeze since I'm allergic to them) they put a paw on you to tell you they're there to keep you safe. I wish they were my dogs. I'm 6'4" by the way, they're gigantic dogs, as expected of Great Pyrenees.

Album full o' pics: http://imgur.com/a/TQTxM

Finger Wagon
Nov 25, 2009

Three heaping helpings of finger for you, sir.
Oh god, everyone has such cute pets.

This is Princess, frequently also known as Fishwife and Screamboat. She might be a little bit vocal. She is a seven-year-old tuxedo with a permanent :catstare: face and an incredible feeling of entitlement towards me, specifically. She occasionally smacks the poo poo out of my roommate's cat if she catches me petting him instead of her.

A sequence of images I didn't post in the black cats thread, just for freshness. (Sorry about the quality.)

I apologize for the unnecessary amount of not-cat in those pictures. (She's just really cute in them.) Here's one more for the road (because I take too many pictures of my cat).

KittySpinEcho
Jun 8, 2013

Be bear aware!

effectual posted:

drat that's a great pic, what's that mountain formation in the back left?

Thanks!! That is Chief Mountain, it is located in The Rocky Mountains in Montana. This picture was taken in Alberta and the fence he is posing by is actually the border line between Canada and the USA.

September camping in Canada?! No snow? No wonder he looks so happy.

Nothing feels better than a good ear scratch after a swim! Thanks for scaring all the fish away buddy! No wonder I didn't catch anything that day... trout fishing in Racehorse Creek AB, about 10 km from the BC border.

Chillin on the hammock with my best bud. He is keeping an eye out for bears and squirrels while I read my kindle.

KittySpinEcho fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Sep 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

KittySpinEcho posted:

Thanks!! That is Chief Mountain, it is located in The Rocky Mountains in Montana. This picture was taken in Alberta and the fence he is posing by is actually the border line between Canada and the USA.

September camping in Canada?! No snow? No wonder he looks so happy.

Nothing feels better than a good ear scratch after a swim! Thanks for scaring all the fish away buddy! No wonder I didn't catch anything that day... trout fishing in Racehorse Creek AB, about 10 km from the BC border.

Chillin on the hammock with my best bud. He is keeping an eye out for bears and squirrels while I read my kindle.

That's beautiful country. Man I haven't had trout in a while, you're just hittin all my soft spots here.

• Locked thread