Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

RumbleFish posted:

He looks so soft! Love that reddish color too :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stregone
Sep 1, 2006

Caffeine Samurai posted:

This is Momo, my wife and I have no idea what she is besides the best dog ever.

GSD/something. That is an unmistakably GSD face. Especially in that last pic, that expression is classic GSD.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

lazer_chicken posted:

We adopted this adorable girl about 2 months ago (a few months after we found a seemingly-purebred cairn terrier in the parking lot and gave her to a friend of ours. I made a thread about it on here a while back)

The ears and coloring are definitely cavalier king charles, but the rest? I don't know, maybe jack russell or something?

And yeah, pit-hole, I know what you mean about people mistaking dogs for puppies. People ask me all the time how big she'll be when she's full grown. :downs:

EDIT: I also want to state that she is the sweetest, most awesome dog ever.

Looks like cav + wiener dog to me.

orangeyousunny
Dec 3, 2007
Yes.
Hey guys, meet Penny!

Click here for the full 1000x1016 image.

We really have no clue as to what she is, but she's a cutie! We are guessing she might be a papillon mix, because of the way her ears look on the rare occasion that they are standing up, but who knows. What do you guys think?

Pardalis
Dec 26, 2008

The Amazing Dreadheaded Chameleon Keeper

Stregone posted:

GSD/something. That is an unmistakably GSD face. Especially in that last pic, that expression is classic GSD.

I see no GSD in that dog at all.

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

Where's my goddamned milk?!

Stregone posted:

I see expressions like that in a lot of herding dogs, not just GSD. My corgi even makes a face like that sometimes. Again, I'd say the ears are very corgi-ish, the body looks like a smooth collie, or it could be mixed up with some other herding breed. I have seen collie/GSD mixes or collie/ACD mixes that looked kind of similar, but not with those ears.

Caffeine Samurai
May 22, 2005
I am Caffeine's bitch
We keep trying to figure out what she is but with no luck. I've heard almost 20 different breeds mixed together from random people, but the one thing they do all agree on how loving big her ears are. I figure it doesn't matter what she is, just a wonderful dog and we're going to adopt another mix breed from the shelter we got her from in a couple months, Mutts are my favorite type of dog. :)

Megajesus
Nov 2, 2005
Bonecrusher

Caffeine Samurai posted:

We keep trying to figure out what she is but with no luck. I've heard almost 20 different breeds mixed together from random people, but the one thing they do all agree on how loving big her ears are. I figure it doesn't matter what she is, just a wonderful dog and we're going to adopt another mix breed from the shelter we got her from in a couple months, Mutts are my favorite type of dog. :)

GSD/corgi :3:

Yeah, i'm just pulling that out of my rear end like everyone else but she's so cute :3:

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
My parents got Barkley from the no-kill shelter I volunteer at. He was listed as a lab/gsd mix, but his markings look real Dobey to me. He's 60 lbs now. His ears and proportions have gone through a lot of changes, but he turned out a handsome gentleman!

Windswept look. (and same funny side-sit as Momo)

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Sailboat ears!

Still has huge ears at 6 months.

Click here for the full 800x581 image.

At his first birthday. He gained a white undercoat!

Queen Elizatits
May 3, 2005

Haven't you heard?
MARATHONS ARE HARD

Sutureself posted:

Sailboat ears!

In this picture I can certainly see some doberman. What a cute dog!

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Here is my new pal Max! He's a rescue from the Huron Valley Humane Society!

Max is a very good boy. We had a housewarming party last weekend and he was great with friends, family, and kids a like. He also got to meet his cousin Sydney (a very cute cocker spaniel) and they got along well.

Gotta love that tongue! He's part beagle and boxer. Maybe something else. He loves sniffing everything, tennis balls and peeing on every single mailbox in my neighborhood.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
He's very cute. How old is he?

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

rivals posted:

He's very cute. How old is he?

I received some paperwork today that contradicts what we were initially told, so he's between 1 yr 8 mon and 2 yrs old.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Is his face as squishy as it looks?!

snortleface
Apr 19, 2007
hooray for bunnies
I think Junior is one of the cutest little dogs I've ever seen. I love his ear spots!

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
This is Stella, aka Bubba:

She's a shy little white terrier mix that I brought home today.

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

New pics of my two plus pictures of my friends' new puppy, Zen (so named for how chill he is).

Kara looking worried

Rusty checking out the yard to assure our safety

Zen

Good shot of his crazy hair

He's about 7 months old, 55lbs (right between Kara and Rusty in size), and a true mutt. His mom was a GSD mix (they were dropped off at the shelter together when Zen was ~5 months) and dad is completely unknown. They got him from a rescue about 3 weeks ago and he's the most chill pup his age I've ever met. He adores Kara and Rusty after getting to meet them both on his first day home. We're currently pet sitting for the weekend.

Zen and Rusty chase each other around the backyard like madmen. Kara tolerates him acting like an idiot puppy and gets annoyed when he steals the lizards she has been chasing down. Eowyn (kitty) is enjoying the attention he gives her (just sniffing and watching, she rubs all over him and swats him if he ignores her).

And as a bonus, puppy pics of Rusty that I just got the boyfriend to give me.
8 weeks (1 week home) with Jasmine (old roommate's golden, 6 months at the time)

Video from the same time

~13 weeks

6 months

All grown up (tongue keeps getting more spots)

Lava Lamp
Sep 18, 2007
banana phone
Rocky as a potato

1 year old here or so. I'm pretty sure he's some kinda lab mix. He's not very big, though. ~40 pounds

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Whispering Machines posted:

Aussie Shepherd and something big, Akita or Chow maybe? Looks like a monstrous, fluffy, red and tan aussie to me.

HUG ME FOREVER
Dec 6, 2006

Gay for TF2! :love:

This is Amy. She's the gentlest dog I've ever met. And also a little paranoid. She came from a stray rescue and probably endured quite a bit of abuse as she is very easily frightened. It is next to impossible to get a full body shot of her. And even more so to get one with her looking at the scary little camera. I have no idea what she's a mix of. Sheltie maybe? Pyrenean?

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Monty, our 2 year old Lhasa Apso - Bichon mix, hes about 18 pounds. Loves the dog park.

^ With my new cousin

^ Short hair

^ With our neighbor's dog Misty when they were out of town

Gringo Heisenberg fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Sep 13, 2009

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
This is a Jake. We think he's lab and greyhound. His DNA test came back golden retriever and afghan hound. He weighs about 70 pounds.

This is an Edmund. He's probably malamute and collie. His DNA test made no drat sense at all. He weighs about 105.

Person included for scale.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Holy poo poo. Edmund is gorgeous. What did his DNA tests say? I think your assumptions are pretty accurate but I"m curious as to what other crazy things those tests say.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

I want that collie mix! :3: How old is he?

Egad!
Feb 20, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I just want to hug him and never let go, omg that haaaaair! I want to know what the DNA test says as well, so that for SCIENCE I can make clones of him!

Little_Dead_Pets
Jul 3, 2006

action pic of young Vincent

"Ok, party's over."

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Little_Dead_Pets posted:

action pic of young Vincent

For some reason, I imagine him going "Woo-hoo, woohoo!" like Daffy Duck in this picture.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Silver Nitrate posted:

live nudes
Jun 17, 2004

we like to watch
This is Rufus, a 6-month old terrier mix I adopted about a month ago. He here are in the car after his first vet visit to get his booster shots.

Candleshire
Dec 16, 2003

weird beard laffo

Eno.

He looks like a border/something mix

CompactFanny
Oct 1, 2008

I've been wondering what the hell kind of dog Bo is. He's a grumpy old man, not very smart, anxiety issues, food allergies... he's about 12 years old I think, and weighs probably 60 pounds or so. He's not enormous, but not tiny. He's grumpy in these because to get him to stand up I told him we were going for a ride and that was a lie.

honeybee
Sep 18, 2009

SpermyShermy posted:

I was going to too but I remember reading somewhere (don't remember where of course) that even if you send in dna from a known purebred dog you'll get all kinds of wild results.

I got a dna kit for one of our dogs for my birthday. She is truly a mutt of astounding proportions!! They had to do it twice (no extra charge) and they came up with mastiff, chow, sharpei and boxer. The boxer we knew, but we were sure there was some lab and apparently there isn't. I would post a picture, but can't figure out how to do it! :)

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!
Tugboat had some particularly ridiculous drool strands the other day.

The hanging one got even longer by the time I finished making her sit there for pictures.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

mich posted:

Tugboat had some particularly ridiculous drool strands the other day.

The hanging one got even longer by the time I finished making her sit there for pictures.

hahahahah yesssssssss

nbraunstein
Nov 24, 2007

biddy biddy bong bong

My one and a half year old puppy. Not quite sure what kind of mix she is but she sure is a great dog. I've heard she resembles and shows a lot of coyote traits but all I see is german shepherd and blue healer...any ideas anyone? sorry for the large pictures....

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I see those as well. She is absolutely beautiful though.

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

Where's my goddamned milk?!

nbraunstein posted:

My one and a half year old puppy. Not quite sure what kind of mix she is but she sure is a great dog. I've heard she resembles and shows a lot of coyote traits but all I see is german shepherd and blue healer...any ideas anyone? sorry for the large pictures....

I saw a beautiful ACD (Blue Heeler) a couple of days ago that had a face very much like that.

nbraunstein
Nov 24, 2007

biddy biddy bong bong
She's a drat good dog, very smart and protective when she needs to be but has the affection of a lab...

Rvrnd. Riot
Jan 12, 2008
On the fast track to a punched face.

nbraunstein posted:

Looks like a purebred Dutch Shepherd to me. If so, you lucked out! Though I've never met one, everything I've read about them indicates that they're an amazing (if a bit high-energy) and very healthy breed. Dutch Shepherds are one of the few recognized breeds I'd personally consider seeking out for ownership.

Rvrnd. Riot fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

About a year ago where I walk dogs there was a dutch shepherd. He was listed as a belgian shepherd mix but come on! He was a totally awesome dude. He would hug everyone he met and was really well-behaved (aside from jumping on everyone he met).

Here's an image for comparison.