Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

My dog is part AmStaff and his head/muzzle is also a lot less blocky than a typical pit, and he's generally more slender. About 55 lbs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I'd call that a boxer/pit. It has a very pitty head.

That's what it looks like to me too.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.
RE Miko: Thanks guys :) Upon looking through this thread more, I was also starting to suspect border collie.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
I could see herding dog x some kind of prim for Miko. She looks littler than an Akita so husky/bc is probably more likely.

kaptkobe
Mar 29, 2015

Even the vet can't tell me what mix my dog is, can you guys?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
border terrier x black lab

just a guess

hockeyfrog
Jun 11, 2008
I agree with Terrier - can see maybe Border, Airdale, or maybe Welsh?

And Boop. Because that nose needs booped.

Henker
May 5, 2009

So I've had this weird rear end dog for a couple years, who looks like an old homeless man's beard.

As best as I can tell, he's some sort of chihuahua/wire hair terrier mix.

Actual chihuahua for scale.

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
NOT MY DOG (i wish). What is this creature?

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Smashurbanipal posted:

NOT MY DOG (i wish). What is this creature?

Thats my dog, hes some sort of terrier mutt, possibly with some Glen of Amal in him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olS0jPYJRoM

Smashurbanipal
Sep 12, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT BEING A SHITTY POSTER
Weird question but does he get these strange very long sparse hairs on the tips of his ears, kinda like ear pubes?

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Smashurbanipal posted:

Weird question but does he get these strange very long sparse hairs on the tips of his ears, kinda like ear pubes?

Not really, his ears go velvety at the tips, sometimes theres a stray long one.

notlodar
Sep 11, 2001

Here's a sad sack of poo poo yard dirt digger. 1/8 amstaff 1/8 whippet according to phoney DNA test.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Got a new phone, which is a good excuse for taking some pictures of Farlow

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

notlodar posted:

Here's a sad sack of poo poo yard dirt digger. 1/8 amstaff 1/8 whippet according to phoney DNA test.

Love the ears.

notlodar
Sep 11, 2001

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Love the ears.
She thanks you.

We're a sucker for ears, just adopted this little rear end in a top hat. MAybe Shepherd/ASIAN DOG mix, who knows. I do not know.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

This is my new dog Peggy.

She came from a shelter who told us she is a five year old terrier mix. I do not believe that she is five years old, but she is definitely a terrier. I've guessed that she is mostly jack russell, partly yorkie, all terror. She is currently napping after exhausting herself tearing up the carpet outside my bedroom.

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
This is Hannibal. The place I got him from said he is GSD and Catahoula Leopard Dog.

He was a real hard headed pup but we eventually learned how to get along.

He has the howl of the catahoula and the kind of bark you can feel in your bones from the german shepherd. I like his tiger stripes the most.

mexi fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 10, 2015

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I don't have a dog right now, but I DO work at a dog daycare and this is one of my absolute favorite dogs, lil' Jackson (he's lil' because we also have a big Jackson):

Look at him! Look how loving cute he is! He's a Shar Pei/Rottweiler mix, and he just turned a year old a month or two ago. He has weird bristly/coarse fur on his body but his muzzle and face are velvety smooth. Seriously, I'm in love with this dog. He's kind of a holy terror at home, but at the daycare he's...better. He also has the squeakiest baby bark I've ever heard from a dog his size.

Shar Pei mixes make really loving cute dogs.

Here's some extremely blurry pics of our other Shar Pei mix, Porter. This dog does not sit still and I have a lovely tablet camera. His face is adorably lopsided and he has a weird gimpy eye. He's so cute.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
More Shar Pei mixes! He's been in this thread before but who cares.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Shar Pei mixes make really loving cute dogs.

Here's some extremely blurry pics of our other Shar Pei mix, Porter. This dog does not sit still and I have a lovely tablet camera. His face is adorably lopsided and he has a weird gimpy eye. He's so cute.

Is Shar Pei mix your code for Pit mix? Because those are pit faces.

Ishkibibble_Fish
Feb 14, 2008

BananaHam:
1 part treefruit
1 part mud ungulate

RandomBlue posted:

I actually see both. Look at the set of the ears.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ishkibibble_Fish posted:

I actually see both. Look at the set of the ears.

Could be a straight Shar Pei/Pit mix. Looks adorable regardless.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Someone in my building has a Shar Pei that my 9 week old Olde English Bulldogge wants to be friends with but he runs away :( he is a good look boy but a lot smaller I expected a Shar Pei to be.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

RandomBlue posted:

Check the ears tho. I think he's definitely mixed with pit, but I see a lot of Shar Pei in him.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The boys got new haircuts

rectangular
Mar 28, 2010
This is Rosie. She's a 9 month old pit/boxer mix per the shelter. We adopted her about 2 weeks ago. She loves all people and dogs (for now).

rectangular fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 11, 2015

keeksmeet
Apr 5, 2006
Bucking Bull Piggy Bank
Here is a Shar-Pei, German Shepherd, Labrador mix (?). Her 'sister' is an Aussie x ACD (we know this).

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

keeksmeet posted:

Her 'sister' is an Aussie x ACD (we know this).

This guy is also an ACD/Aussie. It's amazing how the same mix can produce two completely different looking dogs.

Daemoxx
Oct 20, 2007
[witty comment goes here]
Maverick is four now. The only thing the rescue knew for sure about him is that he's got some ACD. He is a giant couch potato but is super obsessive about balls - once he grumbles his way outside he will fetch until he falls down and he ground his teeth down in a week as a puppy before we realized how bad tennis balls were and removed them. He screams when he's upset, is a total velcro dog, and will balloon into a fattledog given surprisingly low amounts of food. He weighs about 55 lbs but isn't really that big.

I'd be kind of surprised if he didn't have some pit in here somewhere. He gets hippomouth when he's tired. [not pictured because he's also blurrydog when he's tired]

His fur grows in weird feathers behind his ears. He's way softer than he looks, too.

Profile shot. He runs like an ACD as far as I can tell from watching him with other dogs at the dog park. He won't interact with them at all even though he generally likes other dogs, because the park is for The Ball and dammit, throw the loving ball before he ramps all the way up to a full scream.

Mav is a Good Dog. :3 Any idea what else he's got in him?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Ball is Life is how one of my previous (lab mix) dogs was too. He's cute!

cloudy
Jul 3, 2007

Alive to the universe; dead to the world.
I just adopted a dog!

Her ears are pretty great.

She likes car rides a lot, and rides very well!

And she likes this bed we got her, which is exciting because it was expensive.

Enjoying total grass relaxation.

This is her "there might be a squirrel over there" look.

This is her "there is DEFINITELY a squirrel over there" look.

She enjoys forcing us to pet her for literally hours on end.

Hobbies include: walks, squirrels, pets, treats. Unfortunately she doesn't know how awesome toys are, yet.

Anyone wanna guess her heritage? I don't have much history on her, other than she came from a shelter in Oklahoma. Don't even know if she was a stray or had a home at one point, but she did come to us already house trained somehow.
The shelter we got her from said she was a terrier/shepherd mix, which I can see. I also just saw something about "Carolina Dogs" and wasn't sure what they were all about, but I thought she kinda looked like them.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

cloudy posted:

I just adopted a dog!

Her ears are pretty great.

She likes car rides a lot, and rides very well!

Your dog looks like this dog

EXTREME INSERTION fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 25, 2015

beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
The mystery of my new rescue's heritage is solved!

+

=

E: tables

beefart fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jun 21, 2015

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Are Labradors related to Newfoundlands? Are all of the retrivers descended from the at johns water dog?

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Are Labradors related to Newfoundlands? Are all of the retrivers descended from the at johns water dog?

WIKIPEDIA posted:

The St. John's water dog was the ancestor of the modern retrievers, including the Flat Coated Retriever, the Chesapeake Bay Retriever, the Golden Retriever, and the Labrador Retriever. The St. John’s dog was also an ancestor to the large and gentle Newfoundland dog, probably through breeding with mastiffs brought to the island by the generations of Portuguese fishermen who had been fishing offshore since the 15th century.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
oh, I figured it was just lore. I'm going to look for a little family tree. They must have genotyped them

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
First I was told he was corgi/Chi but after seeing dogs that look a lot like him in google image I think he could be more basenji/chi. Tell me what you think. Any advice is appreciated

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

“When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses, not zebras.”

Basenjis aren't exactly a popular breed, so I don't think it's terribly likely you have a basenji mix on your hands. Hard to tell though -- looks like a generic chi x browndog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

We just adopted a new dog. She's some kind of lab mix. Anyone wanna guess the other breeds?

She's two and about 38lbs.