Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daemoxx
Oct 20, 2007
[witty comment goes here]
This is Maverick:

His paperwork from the rescue says he is a cattledog/shepherd mix, primarily shepherd.

He's a huge digger and spends half his time outside lying in various holes he digs.

He also has the weirdest ears I've ever seen. Either holds them like this, or slightly forwards. Every now and then he tries to hold them upright, but they won't quite stick and end up inside out.

He has a white blaze on his chest that has a lot of black hairs in it (merle?), that is also entirely impossible to photograph because he won't stay still for long. His back toes are a darker version of this, and he's got a lot of spots where there is brown fur showing through the black. He's about 18 weeks and 25lb, but he's held steady at 25lb for the past 3 weeks. He's got coarser wavy hair down his back that continues to the end of the tail.

I'm thinking he's got a lot of lab in him, but other than that I have no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daemoxx
Oct 20, 2007

6-Ethyl Bearcat posted:

This dawg. :3:

I definitely see lab. Does the white patch look like it has smudgy spots of black? If so, it might be ticking rather than merle - http://abnormality.purpleflowers.net/genetics/ticking.htm That points towards some cattledog possibly.

Yeah, it definitely looks like that. Pretty as hell and continues up onto his chin, where it kind of looks like a smudgy goatee.

Blurrydawg.

Tojai: that second picture is the best thing ever.

edit: bad image link

Daemoxx
Oct 20, 2007
Maverick is four now. The only thing the rescue knew for sure about him is that he's got some ACD. He is a giant couch potato but is super obsessive about balls - once he grumbles his way outside he will fetch until he falls down and he ground his teeth down in a week as a puppy before we realized how bad tennis balls were and removed them. He screams when he's upset, is a total velcro dog, and will balloon into a fattledog given surprisingly low amounts of food. He weighs about 55 lbs but isn't really that big.

I'd be kind of surprised if he didn't have some pit in here somewhere. He gets hippomouth when he's tired. [not pictured because he's also blurrydog when he's tired]

His fur grows in weird feathers behind his ears. He's way softer than he looks, too.

Profile shot. He runs like an ACD as far as I can tell from watching him with other dogs at the dog park. He won't interact with them at all even though he generally likes other dogs, because the park is for The Ball and dammit, throw the loving ball before he ramps all the way up to a full scream.

Mav is a Good Dog. :3 Any idea what else he's got in him?