Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Apologies if this is a purebreed that I just don't know about, but can anyone help identify what this might be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Kerfuffle posted:

It's hard to tell with puppies, they don't really have much to offer in breed characteristics besides their tails and coat patterns. I don't think it's a purebred though. I guess I'd a lab mix of some kind.

or a browndog

pienipple posted:

Lab/Shepherd maybe? It's hard to tell with puppies, they're all the same shape at that age.

OK, not to far off from what others have said, I was just hoping the black tail/distinctive ridge would be recognizable to someone.

Scary Ned posted:

Judging from the whorl of hair along the back, I would guess you have a baby Chupacabra. Hide your goats.

What do they eat if we don't have goats :ohdear:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Took a few more pictures of Farlow. The list of what people think she may be a mix of has grown a bit.

EDIT: Added video of the Akita-like tail. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsxiwjfdZd0

[Labrador / Chesapeake Bay] Retriever
German Shepherd
Chow Chow (half her tongue is dark blue, after looking it up this isn't restricted to just Chows so I'm not sold)
Akita (when she walks her tail curls up and over her back)

pik_d fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 15, 2010

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

New pictures of Farlow since puppies grow fast. Some weird looks, some playing with the other dogs, some exploring the house. :3:

EDIT: and some more:

The best Christmas present is an old sock

She captured and ate a spider in this position

More floppy ears

pik_d fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Dec 23, 2010

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Playing around in the snow all day has wore her out:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

More of Farlow. Another week and her shoulders seem an inch taller (comparing to our other dogs).

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

eXigence posted:

lookit dis dawg

shelter said he was a sheltie mix, any suggestions?

My suggestion is to pet that dog right now

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Some pictures of Farlow from today

bored bored bored bored bored

lets me and my back-stripe go for a walk

and chew up sticks

and look around at poo poo

still not too sure about that thing over there...

oh ok!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

my dog boyfriend!!! posted:

P.S. Farlow still has such a sweet puppy face! I'll bet she's hell when she gets a little burst of energy :3::3::3:

Yep, this is from a few months back but that mentality of "THERE IS A THING I'M GONNA DO SOMETHING WITH IT" is still around

and luckily there's two other dogs to help her use up that energy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yrot5CWzKQ

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Farlow is about 9 months old and 50-55 lbs now, still not a clue what she is. Here's some pictures of her and I going on a walk at 3AM this morning.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Skizzles posted:

Yeah Farlow looks like a possible shepherd/golden mutt to me, with a bit of who knows what else in there. There's something almost beagle-y about her face.

I'm getting really tired of all the people seeing black/purple on a dog's tongue and immediately declaring "CHOW!!!!" When will people get over this misconception? :doh:

Yeah Farlow got that reaction a bit, the purple on her tongue has slowly grown from just being spots to covering probably 70% of it now.

I thought most American Brown Dogs had pointy tails and sticky up ears?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Farlow, now age 3. She was doing what she does (sitting on stairs and monitoring the surroundings) so I decided to snap a few new pictures

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Got a new phone, which is a good excuse for taking some pictures of Farlow

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Dog says hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Was visiting my parents for the 4th and my sister has a new dog. Her name is Sky and one parent was a Great Dane and the other was a mutt. She got a DNA test done and the other half came up with German Shepherd, Staffordshire Bulldog, Rottweiler, and some others I've forgotten. She's 19 weeks and weighs ~40 pounds already.

She's so goddamn pretty and she's gonna be enormous.