Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Grand Fromage posted:

It makes sense with English becoming/being the common language of Europe. Your options would be native language and confuse visitors, 20 languages so everybody knows, or English. Official signs in Korea are almost always in Korean and English, sometimes also Japanese.

An oddity in Russia is that the word on their stop signs is also STOP, but in the Cyrillic alphabet, so it's actually written "Стоп". I'm sure there's another logic behind it, but to me they'd seem to be getting the worst of both worlds by using a word alien to locals by language and to foreigners by alphabet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

nm posted:

You don't have to go out and buy a bunch of trains. You don't need to hire drivers and mechanics for different vehicles. And they're more flexible, you don't have the grade restrictions (which is why SF uses busses pretty much only) and the bus can leave the busway.
I prefer trains, but the buses have merits.

I always felt the main advantage is that you only need to build the busway where you have space and requirement for traffic separation - they can just use the existing road the rest of the time for no additional cost. You get all the gridlock-busting advantages of off-road light rail with none of the huge costs and burdens on the network caused by the need for rail.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Trains are cooler. :colbert:

Alas...it's true. However, if you look at the Edinburgh Trams Project you might realise why, despite my love of and interest in all things rail, I'm more supportive of appropriately placed guided busways than most.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

This whole idea of dual-dual highways is new to me, coming as I do from Scotland.

Are there any which use the inside one as a sort of "express" carriageway and the outside one as an "exiting" carriageway, where cars can only switch carriageways at certain points and only the outside carriageway is connected to most or all exits? Or would that just cause chaos at the switch-over points/miss the point of the entire thing completely.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Koesj posted:

We've got that stuff right here in Europe man :confused:

http://maps.google.com/?ll=52.05998...=m&z=14&vpsrc=6 - Utrecht
http://maps.google.com/?ll=51.70644...=m&z=14&vpsrc=6 - Den Bosch
http://maps.google.com/?ll=51.40862...=m&z=14&vpsrc=6 - Eindhoven
http://maps.google.com/?ll=40.36740...=m&z=15&vpsrc=6 - Madrid (which has a ton of parallel lane-setups)

Oh, I haven't come across any as we don't have them in Britain (as far as I know.) Still, that's pretty cool, thanks (to everybody) for the links!

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Koesj posted:

Turbo roundabouts! The most leftist of roundabouts.

I love the smug feeling you get as a Brit when reading these things. "Oh, that sounds cool, I wonder what that is...oh, we already have that everywhere. Right."

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Koesj posted:

Dude I used to be able to bike down to the airport and fly to London inside an hour :mmmhmm:

UK Motorway signage is poo poo though.

I've always thought it's pretty good, in the sense that a bunch of people sat down in the 60s and went "right, how do we do this properly" and seemed to do a pretty good job, rather than letting it evolve and half-standardise or whatever. What do you mean?

I suppose I don't get a full experience of them cos I live in Edinburgh and don't have much cause to go to Glasgow or the south where motorways have more lanes and signs and complicated junctions and things.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

kefkafloyd posted:

We've used the standalone red-light situation where you can't expect to have flagmen (or, in Massachusetts, police officers :rolleyes: ) around all the time, such as bridge replacements.

In the UK we use temporary traffic lights all over the place, although they're often controlled by someone during peak times if necessary. If they're not, it's usually a recipe for disaster.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Cichlidae posted:

If you get a bit higher than that, you can put a plaque below the sign that says "3 cars at a time." You're theoretically getting a bit less than three times the capacity, though in practice it's probably only good up to 1000 or so vph, since you're not likely to get 3 cars in every "cycle."

Does this actually work? Here we use priority signs for very short, low traffic roadworks - they give one direction priority over the other - and that seems to work quite well. I don't see how for higher levels of traffic stop signs, especially ones that encourage multiple cars to go in, wouldn't just result in one direction dominating the other in the same way.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Cichlidae posted:

From what we've seen, it does indeed work. It's basically a traffic signal that lets up to 3 cars go in each direction. Of course, we've only used them in more rural, relaxed parts of the state. If we tried putting them down near NYC, I'm guessing people wouldn't be as courteous.

We don't use priority signs here because of the potential for head-on accidents at speed; we'd prefer everyone stop before proceeding through the work zone. Heck, even with a signal, sometimes we force it to rest on red for both directions.

Ah right, fair enough. I think over here it's limited to places where you have a clear view of the other side and have a lot of time to slow down so I guess it's not so much of an issue here. Plus, we don't use stop signs as much as you do I guess.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

MrBling posted:

Oh hey, remember speedbump chat? Well, now there's a very literal speedtrap.

A swedish company called Edeva is developing this thing called Actibump which is basically a trapdoor in the road that will make you hit a 6cm tall steel lip if you're speeding.

Can't really see this being a good idea.

I've always thought speedbumps that somehow only activated if you were actually going at above the desired speed were a good idea - especially given that I live in a neighbourhood with particularly annoying ones even if you're going under 20mph (and ones, thankfully mainly gone now, that would scrape the bottom of your car and gently caress up your wheel alignment if you do them at more than 5mph.) Assuming the impact caused by these is no worse than your average speed bump, what's the problem?

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

thelightguy posted:

A 6cm right-angle steel lip is more than enough to blow out a tire and dent a steel rim at speed.

Plus it comes with the same alignment-loving properties as a pothole. There's a reason speed bumps are graded.

Would it maybe be possible to do an "inverted speedbump" which uses this system but makes the down and up bits more gradual?

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

When I was in europe I noticed many of the level crossings there had these little ~1m metal ramp things in front of the railways. When the crossing guards go down, these plates raise up so that a car trying to enter the track would hit it, but a car already on the track could drive over it, pushing it back down and letting them escape. Seemed like a pretty good idea, what with the amount of idiots trying to play chicken with trains.

Sounds foolproof, doesn't it? Well, almost...

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

That's pretty much how they connect into longer trains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9FPeSaelrg

Of course, proper trains just have the driving set to one side and a corridor connection in the middle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySZtLmS59YY&t=30s

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

nielsm posted:

And it's certainly easier to get the attention of a pedestrian than that of a car driver.

In Denmark, bike lanes are usually level separated from both the sidewalk and the car lanes, even if it's sometimes only an artificial level separation.
Street view

It's interesting that the physically separated bike lanes are always wider than the painted-on road bike lanes we tend to have in the UK (see http://g.co/maps/kty6h). While this might be a consequence of a general better attitude towards cyclists, I think it's more an admission that the tiny road lanes would be much to narrow to actually keep in safely if you were physically constrained within them.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

grover posted:

Know what strikes me the most about this? A lot of cars, an utter lack of any bicycles, and a lot of wasted space. How is taking 2/3 of the traffic lanes away for bicycles justified when the # of cars clearly way outnumbers the number of bicycles?

Before the bike lane this road was presumably just another potential deathtrap for a cyclist - demand isn't going to explode overnight.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Suffolk knows what's up when you have a road with no pavement and lots of bicyclists using it, give them priority over all other traffic.

http://g.co/maps/ggdng

That's not the clearest signage I've ever seen - I imagine it's still pretty scary to be a cyclist on that road.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Install Gentoo posted:

This is true, Europe in general is rather far behind in rail transport compared to the US:

"In the 1950s, the U.S. and Europe moved roughly the same percentage of freight by rail; but, by 2000, the share of U.S. rail freight was 38% while in Europe only 8% of freight traveled by rail.[3] In 1997, while U.S. trains moved 2,165 billion ton-kilometers of freight, the 15-nation European Union moved only 238 billion ton-kilometers of freight.[4]"

We move a hell of a lot more passengers though.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Designing mixed mode-infrastructure is extremely hard though. Passenger rail stock usually has a high top speed and a high traction/weight ratio which means it doesn't handle sharp curves well but is insensitive to gradients. Cargo rail stock on the other hand is run with as low traction/weight ratios as possible because the top speed is much less important than economy. This means that they don't care so much about sharp curves as steep gradients.

Mixing fast and slow traffic also cuts capacity dramatically. You're really best off with two separate systems.

Britain does it pretty well - our premier intercity passenger lines, the East and West Coast Mainlines also see dozens of freight trains a day, many of them very heavy coal trains. We achieve it using lots of passing loops where freight trains can recess to allow passenger trains past, and avoiding lines at difficult locations like busy stations. Sometimes these lines are dedicated to freight, but sometimes they're just less frequent and slower passenger lines. I think this approach is pretty much the same as the rest of Europe's, though our volumes of passengers and freight per track mile tend to be higher I think.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Cichlidae posted:

That's how France does it: the LGV are completely separate, except within cities, where the TGV operates at low speed. Meanwhile, within the Chunnel and across the Manche, the track is already pretty much at capacity. Has England's 1st high speed line helped much with that?

Actually only roughly half of the passenger capacity is used up in the tunnel and it's even worse for freight - only 10% of paths are actually used by trains. There's a few problems - by treaty, rail services through the tunnel cannot be subsidised, making passenger crossings particularly expensive, and the freight figures fell last decade thanks to the unreliability of the British network in the post-privatisation era (fortunately the track owner was renationalised a few years ago and things are now looking up.) Also, there's loading gauge issues - mainland European trains are generally too big for the British network, which means you have to use either specially designed or British wagons for the journey, which is presumably wasteful if a lot of your journey is through the continental network. The Channel Tunnel has actually been disappointing in the long run in a lot of respects, and there's a few investigations going on as to what went wrong. It's being opened to other passenger operators like Deutsche Bahn soonish though, which might improve things and mean there's a few more destinations for passengers using the Tunnel.

HS1 - the high-speed line from the tunnel to London - is also underutilised: I don't think the line's running anything close to capacity and passenger numbers are lower than expected. Freight's just started running however - as the line is built to the Continental loading gauge freight can make it to the depot near London before goods are transhipped to British wagons.

Jonnty fucked around with this message at 09:48 on May 14, 2012

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Cichlidae posted:

It means stop if your car is yellow!

Am I misremembering, or does HS1 have sidings for high speed trains to pass freight trains? It said that, because freight trains are slow, the actual capacity of the line is much lower than if it were passenger-only. Maybe I was thinking of the original line.

Yes, the HS1 has passing loops to allow passenger trains to overtake. Otherwise, a freight train would effectively render the line useless for most of its passage along the line. They only started using it for freight very recently, and there's only two flows at the moment with a third on the way, so I can't imagine it's restricting capacity in any significant way, especially given the disappointing passenger figures. The original line wasn't so much a "line" as a route through the southern England railway network as far as I'm aware, so the bits used for freight will be just as suitable for it as anywhere else, and possibly specially cleared for higher containers.

quote:

I doubt it, lines built to LGV standards have no provision for non-high speed passenger traffic. The only exception is the channel tunnel itself, which is not LGV.

Nor is HS1, which is British.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

PkerUNO posted:

Right, but it uses the TGV repere markers and in-cab signalling too, I thought it was built to those standards.

EDIT: Thanks Munin, will check out!

It does use TVM signalling (so does the Channel Tunnel) and is probably very similar to French high speed lines most other respects just for the sake of standardisation, but definitely has freight loops.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Midget Fist posted:

You are such a tool. Maybe people would like to live in a neighbourhood where there isn't the constant threat of children and animals being run over and killed by some idiot driver thinking it's cool to speed down a residential neighbourhood because driving fast makes him feel like a big man.
But no, we can forget all that, gotta make way for the almighty car! Traffic does have to go somewhere, you're right about that, but it should be routed where it is least harmful to the most people.

This is the guy whose solution to every road which is dangerous to cyclists is "just ban the cyclists!!" I wouldn't count on him having any sympathy towards people who don't submit to The Almighty Car unfortunately.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Install Gentoo posted:

Trains do however run on opposite sides in the UK versus continental Europe, and there's switches and such for them to change sides on both ends of the tunnel.

Actually, European trains tend to drive on the left as railways are a British import - this includes the TGV lines with which the Eurotunnel interfaces.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Cichlidae posted:

Let's talk about recessed pavement markings

How do you avoid edges and corners of these recesses becoming a nice place for cracks and potholes to form from?

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

John Dough posted:

The Netherlands has started using section control on the A2. Cars are photographed when passing under a portal entering the section of highway, and is photographed again exiting it. If the time in between is less than the distance divided by the maximum speed, then you have speeded and get fined.

I also encountered this method in Austria, in a construction zone, and everyone actually adhered to the max speed for once. Is this used anywhere else?

We have this used in the UK to protect roadworks. I think they've used it permanently in England but I've only ever seen it used for temporary limits in Scotland - perhaps they don't want to risk it being got rid of thanks to driver anger so are careful about using it only when absolutely necessary - cos it really does work very well.

Incidentally normal speed cameras here take two pictures at a fixed interval and need markings on the road so the speed can be worked out - here's an example http://goo.gl/maps/bSTnf You also see those lines near places where police cars park with their speedguns so that they can issue fines legally too.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Cichlidae posted:

My biggest problem with automated speed enforcement is that, if tickets are being given out much more frequently, the fines need to be reduced correspondingly. That $450 speeding ticket I get from a cop is, in part, to compensate for the thousands of miles I've driven over the speed limit where I didn't get caught. If everyone is getting a ticket every time they speed, it should be much lower.

Also, speed limits should be set at or above the actual 85th percentile speed, fines should be based on the offender's income, and exemptions (rushing to the hospital, for example) shouldn't have to go through a lengthy court process to have their fines annulled.

I'm such an idealist!

Here in the UK the real threat of getting caught speeding is not the fine but the three points you get on your license. Get 12 and you're automatically disqualified from driving for a while.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

GWBBQ posted:

:colbert: not all of them. The destroyed and almost, but not entirely, non-reflective remains of some are still embedded in the Parkway http://goo.gl/maps/ftYht

Do people destroy speed cameras there regularly or was what I saw years ago just a gallery of a few dozen isolated incidents?

I know what you're talking about but I've never seen a vandalised camera in reality (to the best of my knowledge.) I don't think it was ever a particularly serious problem, and I've not seen it come up in ages. But it might be that I just live in the wrong place, I dunno.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Cichlidae posted:

I would get a tour of the abandoned subway tunnels.

Even in 2006 when I lived there, in France, just about every GPS set had all the speed camera locations built in. Mappy (a French map website) also gives you every camera location:

Yeah we have that here too - I don't know how popular they are now or whether they're still legal but we also had speed camera detectors which I think detected the radar they used in advance. Interestingly, as far as I know they're actually illegal in France.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

grillster posted:

Reducing unnecessary stopping, waiting and driving away means less energy used driving. A car cruising through an intersection at 40 MPH at 3 AM put up against the same car slowing to wait for a signal will have covered the same distance more efficiently.

I hope these junctions people are cruising through at 40 have absolutely incredible visibility but yeah, there must be a fairly sizeable effect on emissions.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Speaking of uncontrolled 4-way stops, it reminded of these intersections in Tacoma, WA:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=taco...213.69,,0,14.55

I suppose technically it's a roundabout (or rotary? which is the small one again?) but they're far too small to be effective. They're essentially uncontrolled 4-way intersections. No one even slows down, it's terrifying.

Looks like a half-hearted mini-roundabout to me. If you they were actually a "thing" in the US it probably wouldn't be a problem.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Okan170 posted:

If those examples are mini roundabouts, then what is this thing near my house?
http://goo.gl/maps/EeeIt

Everywhere I've lived, (up and down the West Coast), thats as close to a normal roundabout as I've seen installed in neighborhoods. Typically on or just on the side of a blind hill too.

That is (or should be if it isn't) a classic mini roundabout - they tend to only be at the junction of three roads rather than four in the UK actually. The visibility looks fairly poor but I guess it slows people down.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Looking at the satellite pictures and Street View, there are stop lines and signals all over that circle, so I don't think it really works like a regular roundabout. Looks like the drivers in the circle would yield to traffic entering it! That is so confusing.

Ninja edit: Looks like they also have the bike boxes, but for motorbikes?

I've not had a look at it so I don't know if it's the same, but in the UK when roundabouts become busy we do tend to signalise them. Do these carry any of the benefits of unsignalised roundabouts, or are they just a convenient way of making a junction of several roads (and obviously avoiding the cost of rebuilding everything?)

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

t_violet posted:

we'd see the PHBs misused (i.e. pushing the button, then running across before the cycle starts, leaving the driver annoyed at having stopped for nothing) but they've actually been well utilized and it's great that we can help provide safe access for a underserved, underpriviledged population.

You get that a lot in the UK as pedestrian crossings as it's often quite easy to cross without the crossing when it's not very busy. The only mitigation for this used to be flashing amber (which sounds like your equivalent of flashing red) but now all new crossings seem to be Puffin crossings which are theoretically meant to detect walk-aways and when pedestrians have finished crossing, negating the need for flashing amber and avoiding driver annoyance.

I'm not sure how well they work - they certainly don't seem to go green as soon as people have crossed but seem to do it pretty soon after, though I'm always tempted to walk reeealy slowly across one and see what happens. The walk-off stuff I'm not sure about - I think I've only seen it completely stop when I crossed early once, though I'm not entirely sure I fully pressed the button that time, ha. Other times it's just done a very short red phase, which is pretty okay I guess. I think a problem with the sensing might be that people (me included) tend to kinda veer off diagonally towards the pavement in the direction they actually want to go, which might throw it off but I'm not sure.

Have people ever come across this stuff elsewhere, and do they have any idea how effective it actually is beyond my anecdotal stuff?

One thing that does annoy me, though, is that they put the red and green man (our equivalent of the don't walk/walk sign) at torso-level on your side of the road, rather than at light level on the opposite side of the road. Theoretically this is meant to encourage you to keep an a better eye on the traffic, but in my experience it does the opposite and I usually end up just looking at the state of the traffic lights when I can instead. Does anyone know a better justification for this? I suppose it's better if you're visually impaired, but that's why we have the beeper right?

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Mandalay posted:

If you had to build just one or two lines first how would you do it?

Also, I remember reading somewhere that parallel / gridded lines worked a lot better than loops/circular bits. Is that true at all?

The stuff Varance says are legitimate concerns, but a big problem with completely circular lines is punctuality. If a train on a circle line starts becoming late, it'll delay everything behind it and never have a chance to recover any time back, destroying any possibility of sticking to a timetable. Of course, if you're running a regular metro service without any real timetable it's not too bad from a passenger point of view, but still causes "clumping" and other operational problems, particularly if there's shared track or junctions with other lines that trains need to hit at the right time to avoid holding up other trains.

Circular lines cause such problems that the London Underground's Circle Line was recently reconfigured to be a sort of spiral shape, giving it a terminus like a normal line. This means passengers have to change trains on certain journeys round the circle, but has improved reliability and reduced journey times as there's now less need for recovery time built in to the timetable round the circle.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Cichlidae posted:

My intent in laying this out was not to have all trains do a full circle. You don't need 5 minute headways in the suburbs, and you'd be wasting a lot of capacity on empty cars during periods of directional flow, but I'm not sure how to fully rectify that.

Let's look at just the blue line, and name the stations:

At A and J, there are turnoffs and depots. Let's look at a sample timetable.
  • 6:30 am: Train leaves A counter-clockwise toward J, and J clockwise toward A
  • 6:35 am: Train leaves A CW, to do a full loop, and J CCW to loop as well
  • 6:35 am: Train leaves A CCW, to do a full loop, and J CW to loop as well
  • 6:40 am: Train leaves A CCW --> J, J CW --> A
  • 6:45 am: Train leaves A CCW --> J, J CW --> A
  • 6:50 am: 6:30 trains reach their termini, turn around, head back through downtown
  • 6:55 am: 6:35 Loop trains reach halfway points, continue toward downtown and suburbs, respectively
  • 7:00 am: 6:40 trains reach their termini, turn around, head back through downtown
  • 7:05 am: 6:45 trains reach their termini, turn around, head back through downtown
  • 7:10 am: 6:50 trains reach their termini, turn around, head back through downtown
  • 7:15 am: 6:35 loop trains complete full circuit, begin another loop

So now you've got 5-minute headways downtown, and 20-minute headways in the 'burbs. If one downtown train is running late, a later train can just be skipped, because the headways are so small. If a loop train is running late, let's say the 6:35 train is going to finish its loop at 7:25 instead of 7:15, just have the 7:10 train continue through the loop instead of turning around, and turn the loop train around when it comes in so it becomes a downtown train.

A bit confusing if you're on it, sure, but very few people would take a loop train more than halfway in one direction to begin with.

Clever stuff! You're right that it'd be confusing, but yeah I guess that's the beauty of high-frequency timetables. Nobody really minds having to wait five minutes to continue their journey so you can make it as complex as you like, and regular commuters will quickly become familiar with the system anyway I suppose.

Varance posted:

To be fair, that's any subway operation. Turnbacks and gap trains are a daily reality for any light/heavy rail operation, especially in the US post-9/11 environment. Careless person falls on tracks or leaves package in station, careless driver t-bones an LRV, etc..

Yeah, but the circle/linear distinction is mainly apparent with "routine" delays caused by things like signal failures, train faults and busy platforms. It's much easier to restrict the impact of these delays on a linear line as opposed to a circular line - in most cases, it just happens naturally through recovery time at termini. As we've seen, it's doable on a circular line too, just in a more complicated and potentially less effective way.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Varance posted:

Most signal systems these days have AI that adjusts signal timing to space out bunched vehicles automatically. Hell, the transit system I work for runs buses on a moving block system with anti-bunching measures.

That still has to have an impact on journey times though right? All that stuff you mentioned in the edit sounds very clever though and probably mitigates it a lot. Unfortunately, in the UK we generally don't have any of that. As far as I know the only working moving block system we have right now is the DLR with sections of other London lines moving onto something similar soon. Incidentally, we tried to introduce it on the nation's busiest mainline (along with upgrading the maximum speed to 140mph.) Unfortunately, it was a massive failure.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

FISHMANPET posted:

I don't know if we'll see any major new subway construction in our lifetimes, unless something seriously changes, either tunneling becomes a lot cheaper, or some peak oil stuff happens and city population and construction surges.

London's building Crossrail and heavily upgrading Thameslink - do they count?

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Now Waterbridge has grown significantly, its somewhat inadequate connections with New Sanctum must generate dollar-signs in the eyes of hungry investors. Would an very ambitious project to build a more direct railway between the two cities through the mountains be possible at this stage? I'm thinking something like this:

It looks like it has reasonably gentle gradients and offers one (and possibly later, 2?) opportunities for connections with water-bourne cargo (along with the obvious ones at either end) though I'm not sure how useful it/they are. It could even share a terminus in New Sanctum with the existing companies! Or not...

Jonnty fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The Waterbridge & New Sanctum railway company sees the most logical next step being a line from Waterbridge towards Balkany. Ideally, the line would initially diverge at the tight bend by the canal and then run over the canal and to the south of the turnpike out towards Balkany, but this would require the agreement of Volmarias to make a short distance of track within the city shared. If that isn't forthcoming, the alignment would have to be to the north of the river and face steeper gradients, but that's okay now too, right?

Jonnty fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Oct 2, 2012