Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Devor posted:

When you have a massive user base like Uber, you have a massive ability to do sorts of traveling-salesman trips for people who have some time-insensitivity and don't mind sharing a car. This is exactly the model of airport vans. I initially thought Uber was doing shared-ride airport van service, and I thought it was cool.

After I posted, I realized they weren't. But I think they should, hence my edit.

Kindly gently caress off about us not fully respecting your Uber advocacy discussion in a tangentially related thread.

And post some loving Diverging Diamond Interchanges.

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.8619686,-93.2229066,1108a,20y,90h/data=!3m1!1e3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

I'm surprised they included I-17/SR-101 instead of I-17/I-10.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

You must obey the grid, even when there are surveying errors

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

...and any humor in the post is now dead and buried. :rip:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Chris Knight posted:

I'd be interested to see if they've done testing of those in-road LEDs in places with cold weather & snowplows :D

Are they that much different than runway entrance lights? I imagine those have to deal with plows every winter.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Sri.Theo posted:

So what is a traffic engineer anyway?

In the UK I know we have civil engineers, highways engineers, transport planners and urban designers but nothing with that specific title.

They're dumb americans, op.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Americans are loving stupid and shouldn't really be allowed outside of the USA.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Do you know what also reduces the risk of cars hitting bikes and peds?

Getting rid of the loving cars.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Last I checked Sweden has not banned all private automobiles so I give not the first poo poo whether their car culture is slightly less insane than other countries.

Ban all loving cars.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

do you know what's far more effective at reducing emissions than lowering speed limits?

banning all cars.

do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Varance posted:

Yeah, Utah loves them some SPUI. drat near every interchange on I-15 or Bangerter Hwy is a SPUI. Quite a few diverging diamonds down in Utah and Davis Counties as well.

Note: I-215 was a mistake. You wanna talk about bad interchanges, I-215 and the 21st South freeway is horendous. That cloverleaf weave is no joke...

Edit: Speaking of Utah, here's something you probably haven't seen before: A SPUI missing the thru bridge. Future-proofed so that UDOT only has to install a bridge to convert Mountain View to a proper freeway when the time comes.

Ok so, how do Utah's weird street numbers work again?