Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teejayh
Feb 12, 2003
A real bastard
Have you heard of the Diverging Diamond Interchange, and if you have, what do you think of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teejayh
Feb 12, 2003
A real bastard

Cichlidae posted:

I'd love to see more of these, but, unfortunately, it'll be a long time before they show up here. Americans are just too darn stupid to use complicated interchanges like that! Just about anybody can get a driver's license here, which means we always have to design for the stupidest motorist. You'll see that theme pop up again and again.
The reason I asked, is that we're in the process of building one in Lehi Utah right now. You're right that it has the population all stupid WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE DRIVE ON THE LEFT, but after looking at the initial designs I figured it would be a great way for traffic flow, especially since it is connecting one of the fastest growing areas to the freeway.

What about Continual Flow Intersections? we just built one in West Valley Utah and it seems to have made a huge difference in traffic delays.